Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 09:59 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 216/206/168

Height: 5'5

I measure before I cook when I do cook them. Ive become a huge fan of spinich salad with cucumbers and use that as my veggies at lunch good with sea salt evoo and cider vineager
Old 11-30-2010, 10:28 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 191/135/115..started 10/4/10

Height: 4'10.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingBeautE View Post
Hey Everyone!

So I was on the IP diet last year and was having great results! Then I moved to a third world country for 10 months an gained everything back I've been home for about a month and started IP 4 weeks ago. The first week was great, lost 4lbs. The second week, lost maybe 1lb, and then NOTHING after that. I'm following the diet strictly, no cheating, no soda, no nuts, no cheese anything like that. I'm feeling so down that my weight isn't budging. I started at 171 and now I'm stuck around 164. Can somebody please give me some advice or suggestions? I refuse to give up, I know that it isn't easy and I have to keep chugging along! Any sage words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated!

ps - I am using ketostix and am in moderate to large ketosis!

Are you eating restricted items? I was told not to have them in the evening. Also, if you are doing any exercise you may need to increase your packets...you may be putting out more than what you are taking in and thus your body may think you are starving it?
Old 11-30-2010, 11:04 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 255/245/200

Height: 5'10"

Default New to the forum...

Hi all...

I'm new to the forum, although I've been reading for a while. Tomorrow I will be on IP for 3 weeks and it has definitely been a challenge. I don't work directly with a coach (there isn't one in my area), but work "remotely" with her...makes it a little more challenging. I've had to start on the "alternative" plan, keeping some carbs in my diet as a result of diabetes...

I've lost 10 lbs so far - looking forward to seeing what happens in the future. I'm also looking forward to being able to go fully being in Phase 1

Thanks for all the words of encouragement!
Old 11-30-2010, 11:08 PM   #49  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Hey Everyone!

So I was on the IP diet last year and was having great results! Then I moved to a third world country for 10 months an gained everything back I've been home for about a month and started IP 4 weeks ago. The first week was great, lost 4lbs. The second week, lost maybe 1lb, and then NOTHING after that. I'm following the diet strictly, no cheating, no soda, no nuts, no cheese anything like that. I'm feeling so down that my weight isn't budging. I started at 171 and now I'm stuck around 164. Can somebody please give me some advice or suggestions? I refuse to give up, I know that it isn't easy and I have to keep chugging along! Any sage words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated!

I'll defer to others who are more knowledgeable but I'll mention two things. One, I strongly suspect you need to up the amount of water you are drinking -- to 100 ounces a day. And two, are you measuring significant indicators? If so, are you seeing inches lost?
Old 11-30-2010, 11:28 PM   #50  
SoonToBeTheThinGirl

S/C/G: 291.8/208/135 be4IP(start1/10)

Height: 208/182.8/135 IP (start 10/15/10), height: 5'4.25"

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
Sorry things are a little different for you. I was a someone who experienced a lot of the side effects of the diet.

Regarding menstruation, if you are stress effected then you will be very likely to have issues. YOU ARE UNDER STRESS. It is a positive stress and it is one you mentally may not recognize but, your body is aware that it is being disciplined to function differently. It is stressed by the diet and by the rapid weight loss. It is also stressed by the rapid changes. Blood pressure changes, hormone changes, different fluid levels and energy sources are all being effected.

You definitely should see the doctor sooner if you find your side effects disturbing. You should have your blood pressure and thyroid checked along with your electrolytes and kidneys.

Blood pressure changes, especially to low, can make you very tired. I never felt the energy burst others experience BUT, my blood pressure is very low.

If your body is low in the thyroid department you would be tired and you should find out.

I started to feel different around week 4. I was MISERABLE... I truly mean it, from week 11 to 16. I felt so emotional, angry, rational in the mind and irrational in actions and words. I had to just be quiet and alone and not talk to anyone. Any little thing seems to set me off and I was HUNGRY. I had no energy, bad side effects (my mouth was sore, gums receded, hair loss started, skin was cracked and bleeding, nauseous, headaches, tired, constipation, ringing in ears, horrible menstrual pain and irregularity) and, felt like I was starving. I didn't crave anything. I just wanted more food, more protein, another drink packet would have been great! And, then, one day it all disappeared and I felt good again.

Each of us experiences this diet in a unique way. Some experience it in a common way and others less common or truly rare (like me, I hope). If you are one of the uncommon, I think keeping an eye on your own health and blood work is important. I saw my general doctor every 3 weeks for blood work. I knew that I was changing fast and I needed to know I was healthy. No matter who I agreed to have coach me or what they said, in the end, I am responsible for me health. I believe we each are and, as a result, each of us should rely on our doctors when something feels wrong.

I stayed healthy despite my unusual side effects. I lost 84 pounds in 6 months. It felt very hard at times but, it was worth it. I took a break and am now back on plan. I don't have a date in mind to finish, I barely lose a pound a week. I am hoping for a great drop someday! In any case whenever I finish losing the last 35 pounds is fine by me. I am just happy to be going down.
Thanks for responding back and making me feel like I'm not so alone! Sorry I'm just responding, but I've been so busy, and it's hard to catch up on everything so late at night after work. I really appreciate the time you took out to explain your experiences. I've been experiencing QUITE a lot of the things you listed, so I hope it will pass as well. Did you still lose during those miserable weeks (week 11-16) when you were experiencing those side effects? This is my first week really having a lot of those side effects (besides the first week or so when my body was ridding itself of sugar) and I haven't lost anything, even though I've stuck to the program faithfully. I'm not a quitter, and know that if these feelings will pass, I can stick with this and suffer through until the time comes where I feel good again, but I just needed to know that this will eventually end and I will continue to lose.

Thanks again!

And thanks to those of you who had suggestions about the spaghetti sauce/use of miracle noodles during the weekend. Hopefully tomorrow I can catch up a bit more!

Good night all!
Old 11-30-2010, 11:40 PM   #51  

Soooooo after completing my 7th week of IP, I totally fell off the IP wagon today. I had 4 small pieces of fudge (they were calling for help from way down the freezer!! How can Christmas baking yell so loudly to be eaten and from so far in the deep freeze? And why oh why does it taste so good frozen?)

And then tonight I was showing my bff how to make cinnamon buns...and so was NOT going to have any - they were going to be for the kids/husbands for snack!! NOT! I had 3/4 of a cinnamon bun. ARGH!!!!! I am zinging from the carbs and sugar and I know I'll pay for this screwed up day for the rest of the week!!!!

I have been doing IP sooo faithfully too!! Lost 50 inches and almost 40 lbs in 7 weeks!!!! Please reassure me that it will be okay....had my Christmas treats - early, but I'm done!

Good grief, what is happening to me????
Old 12-01-2010, 12:07 AM   #52  
I see the light....

S/C/G: 204.6/191.4/155

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
Soooooo after completing my 7th week of IP, I totally fell off the IP wagon today. I had 4 small pieces of fudge (they were calling for help from way down the freezer!! How can Christmas baking yell so loudly to be eaten and from so far in the deep freeze? And why oh why does it taste so good frozen?)

And then tonight I was showing my bff how to make cinnamon buns...and so was NOT going to have any - they were going to be for the kids/husbands for snack!! NOT! I had 3/4 of a cinnamon bun. ARGH!!!!! I am zinging from the carbs and sugar and I know I'll pay for this screwed up day for the rest of the week!!!!

I have been doing IP sooo faithfully too!! Lost 50 inches and almost 40 lbs in 7 weeks!!!! Please reassure me that it will be okay....had my Christmas treats - early, but I'm done!

You WILL get back on track..... Don't think of it as 'falling off the wagon' but more as a reward for 7 faithfull weeks!!! And now at Christmas you can tell everyone "try these, they are fabulous" and you won't just be saying it cause you have actually tried them...heeheehee

You are doing fantastic with IP and are a HUGE inspiration to your bff as she is following the same journey..... Tomorrow is a brand new day!!!
Old 12-01-2010, 12:29 AM   #53  
Fresh start

Height: 5'8"

Quote:

Wow!!! 40 lbs in 7 weeks!! It's hard to believe, I wish I can say that - You will be back on track in the moment that you don't even think about, we fall and we get up, there's always a new day! Good luck and for acomplishing what you have done so far.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:45 AM   #54  
Love

S/C/G: 287.3/228.3/160 restartApr25

Height: 5'5"

I have hives again! Not as severe as last time when I ate shrimp but still there. Ugh, I had white fish tonight. I had salmon two nights ago with no reaction but tonight I'm getting itchy. Sooo weird. Guess I should get an antihistamine. This doesn't mean I'm going to stop eating seafood, I love it too much!
Old 12-01-2010, 02:23 AM   #55  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibster View Post
Congrats on reaching Onederland! Your post gave me a laugh - I've got that saggy butt syndrome going on, too! I've gotten into some smaller-size jeans that I had stored away in the closet (because that's what we do), but they are really not the current style. I finally broke down and bought some clothes yesterday (cyber-Monday) in a smaller size, but I'm thinking I might go over to the local Salvation Army to look for some jeans. I hate spending money on jeans that won't fit in a few weeks!

I just realized that I've lost one-third of my way to goal!
1/3 of the way!! That's great!! Keep up the good work!

Quote:
Hey Everyone!

Welcome back!! I remember you and your posts! I wondered why you stopped participating with the group. I am sure you can tell we don't have as many of the original crew here these days.

Are you keeping a food journal? Are you measuring? Could you share what a day or two from the past week was like? It might help us figure things out? Also, are you near your T.O.M.? That can stall you for a week. Just keep going like normal. If it is your body balking at the new direction, it will eventually give in. Increase your water, take your omegas and get in all your veggies and salad. It really is a combination effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sngn4God View Post
This is probably a stupid question, but...I cut my veg up, measure them and cook them and they are about 1/2 of what I measured. Should I measure after I cook? Like double the raw? I just want to make sure I don't cheat myself...but two cups of cooked veg is almost TOOO much!
Veggies should be measured pre cooked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs44 View Post
Hi all...

I'm new to the forum, although I've been reading for a while. Tomorrow I will be on IP for 3 weeks and it has definitely been a challenge. I don't work directly with a coach (there isn't one in my area), but work "remotely" with her...makes it a little more challenging. I've had to start on the "alternative" plan, keeping some carbs in my diet as a result of diabetes...

I've lost 10 lbs so far - looking forward to seeing what happens in the future. I'm also looking forward to being able to go fully being in Phase 1

Thanks for all the words of encouragement!
You will find lots of support here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachie404 View Post
Thanks for responding back and making me feel like I'm not so alone! Sorry I'm just responding, but I've been so busy, and it's hard to catch up on everything so late at night after work. I really appreciate the time you took out to explain your experiences. I've been experiencing QUITE a lot of the things you listed, so I hope it will pass as well. Did you still lose during those miserable weeks (week 11-16) when you were experiencing those side effects? This is my first week really having a lot of those side effects (besides the first week or so when my body was ridding itself of sugar) and I haven't lost anything, even though I've stuck to the program faithfully. I'm not a quitter, and know that if these feelings will pass, I can stick with this and suffer through until the time comes where I feel good again, but I just needed to know that this will eventually end and I will continue to lose.

Thanks again!
Good night all!
You're so welcome! Did I lose when I was most miserable? Yes and no. I was losing inches like crazy but not weight. I would drop maybe 0 to 1 pound. It was bad enough that my coach actually hinted that he and my regional suspected me of cheating. THAT made me angry... such a bad thing to say when I was busting myself and beating myself up! Not a good moment. When I was through that, I had a 6.5 pound loss. I actually lost about 11 inches during those weeks. But only lost 4 pounds.

I think I would have been better off adding an extra packet or lean protein portion. I probably should have added some occasional veggies or a restricted packet one or twice a week during that time. I tried everything else; my coach wouldn't let me add any food. I had to stay in boot camp mode. My ONLY relief suggestion was that I added a full tablespoon a day of omegas.

It wasn't fun but, I got through it. I wouldn't ask anyone else to do that though if I could come up with something that would help.

Personally, I find my body feels better with a little more fat in it. I am at the end of my 3rd week back at phase3. I have only lost 4.5 pounds total this time. I am back to many of the side effects I had before. Most of them I can deal with but, being ice cold in winter s**ks! I also hate how dry and cracked my skin is right now. Nothing is working and the more water I drink the worse it gets. I bought some almond oil to massage into my hands and night and some cotton gloves. I hope it works. If not, although I hate it, I may go the vaseline or bag balm route.

My belief is this program is worth it so, believe me when I tell you, stick with it. Modify things a little if you need to but, don't cheat and don't quit. Even if you had to ride it out as I did, I KNOW things will eventually resolve. It may just be some really big issue our bodies have to work through before things can work out.

In my case, I went from a size 20 to a size 10 and sometimes 8. I lost 85 inches total (measured neck, chest, waist, hips, thigh, calves, bicep)and 84 pounds. I don't think I could have done that any other way. I am so sure of that and this plan, I am willing to do this again to reach my ultimate goal.

Given where we are, maybe we can help each other stick through the "odd" times.

Quote:

It happens. Who can explain it! get back on track. Don't look back other than to find ways to prepare yourself so it doesn't happen again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaJS View Post
I have hives again! Not as severe as last time when I ate shrimp but still there. Ugh, I had white fish tonight. I had salmon two nights ago with no reaction but tonight I'm getting itchy. Sooo weird. Guess I should get an antihistamine. This doesn't mean I'm going to stop eating seafood, I love it too much!
HMMM .. what type of white fish??? I am wondering if you are having a chemical reaction to iodine or mercury levels. Given that your body is essentially in a detox mode which does also effect the liver maybe it is responding to foods or chemicals you have mild sensitivity too??
Old 12-01-2010, 02:25 AM   #56  

Sheila:

I hope you are ok? I know you weren't feeling well. Pop in and say hello if you can.

Ok everyone, I am off to bed. I have the link to the new thread for tomorrow below. Please multi-quote and copy/paste your chat responses into tomorrow's activity.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ml#post3589056

Thanks! And, G'night!

Last edited by showgirlaz; 12-01-2010 at 02:32 AM.
Old 12-02-2010, 11:09 AM   #57  

closed
Closed Thread