3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Weekend Chat - 27 & 28 Nov. 2010 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/218235-ip-weekend-chat-27-28-nov-2010-a.html)

kaarin 11-27-2010 11:57 AM

Hi everybody!
I've had a really busy couple of weeks, so have just spent the morning catching up on my reading here. :welcome2: to all the newbies! You've come to the best place for encouragement and inspiration!
:bravo: to everyone who made it through Thanksgiving unscathed!!!
And, finally, :congrat: to all the wonderful victories!
The last two weekends set me back a little. But I am not feeling negative or down on myself either. I had two fabulous weekends. Both were events that do not happen often - our annual conference and a visit with friends in the US (plus first time to Vegas!). Though I didn't lose weight, I really didn't gain anything either. I made much better/smarter choices with my meals etc. And, even though I did enjoy a few glasses of wine here and there, :o , it was the first time since I can remember that I never had a drink on the plane (I'm a little nervous flying). It gives me great confidence for the future - after IP - that I can maintain my weight.
But, I'm back on the wagon again and determined to meet my goal for the Christmas Challenge! :yes: I'm off to buy and treadmill today and it will NOT turn into a clothes rack!!! :lol:

rosemary2612 11-27-2010 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by losingitbaby (Post 3584046)
Hi everybody :D Just took my beginning pics and hopped on the scale before mixing up my shake. Since there are no ideal protein coaches in my area, I'm going to be using Dr. Tran Tien guidelines and subsituting with protein shakes as close as possble to IP (so I hope no one minds if I join in on the discussion...)

Thanks ahead of time for all support and encouragement!!! :hug:

I used a coach and IP products for three months and changed to EAS Carb Control shakes. I never skipped a beat in the weight loss area, and I have been really happy with my coaches here on the board. :D Dr. Tien has a few things that are different and if you want to use the Phases that IP has, they are at the beginning of the thread in one of the stickies. It works if you work it.

Linden 11-27-2010 05:01 PM

[QUOTE=losingitbaby;3584046]Hi everybody :D Just took my beginning pics and hopped on the scale before mixing up my shake. Since there are no ideal protein coaches in my area, I'm going to be using Dr. Tran Tien guidelines and subsituting with protein shakes as close as possble to IP (so I hope no one minds if I join in on the discussion...)QUOTE]

Oh course you're welcome. A word of advice and encouragement? Read everything. Especially the stickies. And share your experiences? We're a pretty supportive group. :)

Rachie404 11-27-2010 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmsgrrl (Post 3583899)
Does anyone have suggestions on using miracle noodles?

I just bought my first 2 packages yesterday! The lady at the health food store I bought them from gave me a separate sheet telling me how to use them (not sure if you got this, but I'll just type it quickly): basically, pour the bag with noodles/liquid into a strainer or colander and rinse for 3-5 minutes (actively with hands) in order to get rid of the liquid which has a lot of bitterness, dry VERY well with paper towels (otherwise they taste rubbery if not really dry). She also said that she cooks the rest of the meal, shuts off the heat, and then adds the noodles right at the end to absorb the sauce/get warm (it isn't necessary to cook them).

This is what I made tonight:

2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
5 oz. lean beef tips
2 cups total of:
-bean sprouts
-green onions
-broccoli
-zucchini
1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce

I just started with the olive oil, beef tips, veggies and added the soy sauce--let it all cook until done, (prepped my noodles ahead of time), and shut the heat off, and added the noodles at the end. It was delicious!! I think I'm going to have it again tomorrow night :)

Let me know if you come up with any other ways to use it!

Rachie404 11-27-2010 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medicmom734 (Post 3583939)
Last night I did them with a spaghetti sauce and beef sausage. They were very yummy. Like spaghetti!

What spaghetti sauce do you use? I haven't really tried looking yet, but I just assumed that most sauces have sugar/carbs. I'm excited to think that I could have miracle noodles, lean ground beef, and spaghetti sauce! This just made my night haha.

mompattie 11-27-2010 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by losingitbaby (Post 3584046)
Hi everybody :D Just took my beginning pics and hopped on the scale before mixing up my shake. Since there are no ideal protein coaches in my area, I'm going to be using Dr. Tran Tien guidelines and subsituting with protein shakes as close as possble to IP (so I hope no one minds if I join in on the discussion...)

Thanks ahead of time for all support and encouragement!!! :hug:

WELCOME to the group!!! I've been doing IP for 6 weeks now, and once Christmas comes and goes, I'm going to start using some alternative products (budget reasons). The support and inspiration here is AMAZING!!! Make sure you read the alternatives thread for lots of great ideas!

SashaJS 11-27-2010 06:07 PM

I've been a busy bee today. I have a lot of energy. I cleaned out my entire closet - something I haven't done since we moved into the house, 6 YEARS AGO! So far I've been working hard at it for 3 hours. I almost forgot to eat lunch.
I have about 7 bags of old clothes I'm donating to Good Will.
It feels nice to get my things nice and organized. It's like a whole new start for me. I have my books section, and my "bath" section, and my Nursing section for all my nursing books/supplies.
But anyways - I'm just finishing up lunch:: cucumber salad and a strawberry shake and then I'm getting back to it! I have clothes to hang up yet, and a bunch of stuff to put away. It should keep me busy until supper. Then I can RELAX in my organized room :)

Medicmom734 11-27-2010 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachie404 (Post 3584311)
What spaghetti sauce do you use? I haven't really tried looking yet, but I just assumed that most sauces have sugar/carbs. I'm excited to think that I could have miracle noodles, lean ground beef, and spaghetti sauce! This just made my night haha.

It was a healthy choices with zucchini in it I think. It does have a small amount of carbs, but a half cup of sauce was a very little stretch from the 000. I already threw out the container.

I have also used just canned tomatoes and spiced it up with some lean beef. It's really yummy.

Remember, tomatoes only occasional. ;-)

Wish I could help more!

cmsgrrl 11-27-2010 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachie404 (Post 3584309)
I just bought my first 2 packages yesterday! The lady at the health food store I bought them from gave me a separate sheet telling me how to use them (not sure if you got this, but I'll just type it quickly): basically, pour the bag with noodles/liquid into a strainer or colander and rinse for 3-5 minutes (actively with hands) in order to get rid of the liquid which has a lot of bitterness, dry VERY well with paper towels (otherwise they taste rubbery if not really dry). She also said that she cooks the rest of the meal, shuts off the heat, and then adds the noodles right at the end to absorb the sauce/get warm (it isn't necessary to cook them).

This is what I made tonight:

2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
5 oz. lean beef tips
2 cups total of:
-bean sprouts
-green onions
-broccoli
-zucchini
1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce

I just started with the olive oil, beef tips, veggies and added the soy sauce--let it all cook until done, (prepped my noodles ahead of time), and shut the heat off, and added the noodles at the end. It was delicious!! I think I'm going to have it again tomorrow night :)

Let me know if you come up with any other ways to use it!

Rachel thank you for you recipe and tips on the noodles. I will post what I come up with when I cook them!

rosemary2612 11-27-2010 07:31 PM

I am only 1 pound from my milestone of 160. I have not been below that weight since 1973 and I was 21. I was getting a little discouraged for a while. My weight lose had slowed to 2 pounds a week for a month (one week I didn't lose anything) and all of a sudden it has taken off again. Last week I lost 5 pounds and this week I lost 4 pounds. I can't wait to get into the 150's, a place I can hardly remember. When I was 21 my husband bought me a long black, very sexy, velvet dress. I have saved it for 38 years and I took it to the dry cleaners Wednesday. I am going to be in that dress before the winter is over. I weighed 125 when I wore that dress and I am going to again. I will take a picture in it when I reach my goal.

I wish there was some magic way to incorporate exercise into my lifestyle. I have lost 15.5 inches from my waist with very little exercise, but I really need to do something because my skin is hanging on my arms, thighs, belly.

I love IP's plan. I love knowing that it keeps me safe from the crippling disease of my diabetes. When I first started I was on two different insulins and another medication, all injectible. I was taking 7-9 shots a day, plus testing 5 times a day. I don't take any right now. Sometimes my bloodsugar is a little high, but it comes right back down. Fibromyalgia is gone, arthritis is gone, down from 2 blood pressure pills to one per day, and I feel terrific. I have bursts of energy every few days and I love that. Some days I am tired and just go to work and come home. I love that I use to wear a size 24 and now I wear a 10.

I just felt like talking and since not many people are on the boards today, I thought it would be ok. Thanks if you read through this whole thing (and I have not been drinking :) ).

Linden 11-27-2010 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosemary2612 (Post 3584366)
I am only 1 pound from my milestone of 160. I have not been below that weight since 1973 and I was 21. I waws getting a little discouraged for a while. My weight lose had slowed to 2 pounds a week for a month (one week I didn't lose anything) and all of a sudden it has taken off again. Last week I lost 5 pounds and this week I lost 4 pounds. I can't wait to get into the 150's, a place I can hardly remember. When I was 21 my husband bought me a long black, very sexy, velvet dress. I have saved it for 38 years and I took it to the dry cleaners Wednesday. I am going to be in that dress before the winter is over. I weighed 125 when I wore that dress and I am going to again. I will take a picture in it when I reach my goal.

I wish there was some magic way to incorborate exercise into my lifestyle. I have lost 15.5 inches from my waist with very little exercise, but I really need to do something because my skin is hanging on my arms, thighs, belly.

I love IP's plan. I love knowing that it keeps me safe from the crippling disease of my diabetes. When I first started I was on two different insulins and another medication, all injectible. I was taking 7-9 shots a day, plaus testing 5 times a day. I don't take any right now. Sometimes I am a little high, but it comes right back down. Fibromyalgia is gone, arthritis is gone, down from 2 blood pressure pills to one per day, and I feel terrific. I have burst of energy every few days and I love that. Some days I am tired and just go to work and come home.

I just felt like talking and since not many people are on the boards today, I thought it would be ok. Thanks if you read through this whole thing (and I have not been drinking :) ).

Talk away. This post, and the very thoughtful one you posted earlier today, are like a balm. The information about diabetes, all the information, is great but I especially liked hearing about fibromyalgia. (Kind of wish someone had a "cure" for an over active sciatic nerve. ;)) You must be so deeply satisfied.

cmsgrrl 11-27-2010 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosemary2612 (Post 3584366)
I am only 1 pound from my milestone of 160. I have not been below that weight since 1973 and I was 21. I was getting a little discouraged for a while. My weight lose had slowed to 2 pounds a week for a month (one week I didn't lose anything) and all of a sudden it has taken off again. Last week I lost 5 pounds and this week I lost 4 pounds. I can't wait to get into the 150's, a place I can hardly remember. When I was 21 my husband bought me a long black, very sexy, velvet dress. I have saved it for 38 years and I took it to the dry cleaners Wednesday. I am going to be in that dress before the winter is over. I weighed 125 when I wore that dress and I am going to again. I will take a picture in it when I reach my goal.

I wish there was some magic way to incorporate exercise into my lifestyle. I have lost 15.5 inches from my waist with very little exercise, but I really need to do something because my skin is hanging on my arms, thighs, belly.

I love IP's plan. I love knowing that it keeps me safe from the crippling disease of my diabetes. When I first started I was on two different insulins and another medication, all injectible. I was taking 7-9 shots a day, plus testing 5 times a day. I don't take any right now. Sometimes my bloodsugar is a little high, but it comes right back down. Fibromyalgia is gone, arthritis is gone, down from 2 blood pressure pills to one per day, and I feel terrific. I have bursts of energy every few days and I love that. Some days I am tired and just go to work and come home. I love that I use to wear a size 24 and now I wear a 10.

Rosemary your last sentence about not drinking tickled me. Anyway I do not think you were drinking at all when you posted. You should be the poster child for IP with your success! Woohoo I can't wait to see that photo of you in that long black velvet dress. Keep on keeping on.

cmsgrrl 11-27-2010 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linden (Post 3584371)
(Kind of wish someone had a "cure" for an over active sciatic nerve. ;)) You must be so deeply satisfied.

What has caused your sciatic nerve to be over active? What remedies have you sought so far?

Linden 11-27-2010 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmsgrrl (Post 3584394)
What has caused your sciatic nerve to be over active? What remedies have you sought so far?

At the moment? Cleaning the kitchen or, most likely, turning on my hip (rather than walking straight forward). Usually I can walk it out, or wait it out, but earlier this month I had to be sent to Oahu to get two cortisone shots. And I can't stop cleaning because I need to get the house in order to show it to rent by Monday. Not looking forward to the 37 hour trip (with 12 hours of layovers) to Berlin in two weeks. Kind of envy the animals and their being able to lie down during the trip. :D

foreveryoung 11-27-2010 08:36 PM

This recipe sounds yummy! Thanks for posting - I'll try when I get my noodles.