3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat - Wed. 24 Nov. 2010 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/218087-ip-daily-chat-wed-24-nov-2010-a.html)

EatAnts 11-24-2010 05:00 AM

IP Daily Chat - Wed. 24 Nov. 2010

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!
:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Linden 11-24-2010 06:06 AM

Please read.

I've spent the last two evenings, when I was too bone weary to do anything else, deleting my responses in Tips for Newbies and Alternate IP. Why? Because, against better judgment, in some of them I answered questions that should have been posted in the Daily Chat. I wish others would do the same thing, e.g., DELETE.

Again why? Because Tips for Newbies means exactly that. Anything that gets posted there should be from someone with some know-how who can help a new person decipher terminology, navigate the program, learn precautions, and generally be aware of how they and the program can or do function.

Alternate IP is meant, exclusively, for the same kind of direction, directed toward people using alternatives to the Ideal Protein program.

Why am I being such a curmudgeon? Well, two reasons. Even a neophyte should realize, it seems to me, that the daily chat is the place to chat -- to ask questions; to offer opinions; to congratulate someone.

But more importantly, much more important, is the fact that people new to the program can be overwhelmed by the volume of information (or chat) on any thread. Remember when you where new? Feeling overwhelmed because you were new? The amount of superfluous chit chat, twitter, and repetitive questions must have been overwhelming to you or anyone else who was both new or wanted real information.

So, no I don't think I'm being curmudgeonly, and I hope you'll also delete your superfluous posts in these two threads. Yeah, sure, it could take a couple of minutes you don't have. But think of the time you'll save someone else. :D

LOSINGFORGOOD2010 11-24-2010 07:39 AM

Good morning all ! This is my first time posting here...tho I have been reading this IP section since Aug when I first started on IP. My highest weight was 220 and I am now down to 173.5...goal is 135. I have to say...I LOVE IDEAL PROTEIN...this is the only thing that has worked for me and my aging metabolism since my last large weight loss back in 2001. I have not seen the '70's since omg.... 2002 or so? wow.........I average about 2 lbs a week... and love the food. Tho when TOM arrives like last night, i am up one pound this morning. I find that now, after being on for 3.5 mths if I have a craving for cheese, I am able to take a small amount, satisfy that craving, and I am still in ketosis.... and usually still go down the next day. I just dont make it a habit... wine and cheese and those fancy coffees with whipping cream is what got me in trouble. Do you know that when I got this desk job in the govt back in 2001.... in two YEARS...I gained 40 lbs???? yep... the Second Cup coffee shop was across the street, and as I said,I discovered those fancy vanilla bean, or white moca coffees, piled high with whipped cream and then sprinkled with vanilla flavoured sugar or choc sprinkles or BOTH LOL !...mmmmmmmmmm suddenly, my clothes got bigger and bigger.... my god, it is so good to be able to go shopping again! And in LE CHATEAU no less!!!!!!! I am so excited............ i have now moved out of the 'plus size' stores... I thought I was destined for that forever... I was in a size 18 dress pant, and close to a 20.... I am now in a LOOSE 14........ looking forward to a 12! wooo hoooooooo sorry for the rambling on and on...but I am thrilled with this diet, well actually NOT diet, but new way of life....a whole education on how to eat right......... a lifestyle. HAVE a great day everyone!!! :carrot:

JudoGirl 11-24-2010 08:01 AM

Ok off to weigh I go...I think I'm ready...Ball class was amazing last night I was stretching and moving..I'm moving so much better with the weight loss
I have already acheived...
Ok off I go I'll post later...;);););)

LOSINGFORGOOD2010 11-24-2010 08:08 AM

:goodvibesGood luck... am sure you will do well

rosemary2612 11-24-2010 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linden (Post 3581085)
I've spent the last two evenings, when I was too bone weary to do anything else, deleting my responses in Tips for Newbies and Alternate IP. Why? Because, against better judgment, in some of them I answered questions that should have been posted in the Daily Chat. I wish others would do the same thing, e.g., DELETE.

Again why? Because Tips for Newbies means exactly that. Anything that gets posted there should be from someone with some know-how who can help a new person decipher terminology, navigate the program, learn precautions, and generally be aware of how they and the program can or do function.

Alternate IP is meant, exclusively, for the same kind of direction, directed toward people using alternatives to the Ideal Protein program.

Why am I being such a curmudgeon? Well, two reasons. Even a neophyte should realize, it seems to me, that the daily chat is the place to chat -- to ask questions; to offer opinions; to congratulate someone.

But more importantly, much more important, is the fact that people new to the program can be overwhelmed by the volume of information (or chat) on any thread. Remember when you where new? Feeling overwhelmed because you were new? The amount of superfluous chit chat, twitter, and repetitive questions must have been overwhelming to you or anyone else who was both new or wanted real information.

So, no I don't think I'm being curmudgeonly, and I hope you'll also delete your superfluous posts in these two threads. Yeah, sure, it could take a couple of minutes you don't have. But think of the time you'll save someone else. :D

I support you on this. I do remember when I first started reading this forum. It was in the old format, which was hard enough, but difficult to manuever and to know where to go. Other members follow the precident that has been established on each thread. No one wants it to be difficult, just easy for new members.

SJackson 11-24-2010 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 (Post 3581141)
Good morning all ! This is my first time posting here...tho I have been reading this IP section since Aug when I first started on IP. My highest weight was 220 and I am now down to 173.5...goal is 135. I have to say...I LOVE IDEAL PROTEIN...this is the only thing that has worked for me and my aging metabolism since my last large weight loss back in 2001. I have not seen the '70's since omg.... 2002 or so? wow.........I average about 2 lbs a week... and love the food. Tho when TOM arrives like last night, i am up one pound this morning. I find that now, after being on for 3.5 mths if I have a craving for cheese, I am able to take a small amount, satisfy that craving, and I am still in ketosis.... and usually still go down the next day. I just dont make it a habit... wine and cheese and those fancy coffees with whipping cream is what got me in trouble. Do you know that when I got this desk job in the govt back in 2001.... in two YEARS...I gained 40 lbs???? yep... the Second Cup coffee shop was across the street, and as I said,I discovered those fancy vanilla bean, or white moca coffees, piled high with whipped cream and then sprinkled with vanilla flavoured sugar or choc sprinkles or BOTH LOL !...mmmmmmmmmm suddenly, my clothes got bigger and bigger.... my god, it is so good to be able to go shopping again! And in LE CHATEAU no less!!!!!!! I am so excited............ i have now moved out of the 'plus size' stores... I thought I was destined for that forever... I was in a size 18 dress pant, and close to a 20.... I am now in a LOOSE 14........ looking forward to a 12! wooo hoooooooo sorry for the rambling on and on...but I am thrilled with this diet, well actually NOT diet, but new way of life....a whole education on how to eat right......... a lifestyle. HAVE a great day everyone!!! :carrot:

WELCOME!!!! This really is a great way to lose that extra weight and this is a WONDERFUL place to get lots of tips and to vent. Like you, I was always buying those vanilla lattes, at least 2 a day. Now I have regular coffee with Stevia sweetner and a splash of SF Da Vinci flavored syrup.

You have some terrific weight losses...keep it up. I can't wait to fit into my smaller jeans and shorts. I've been saving them for roughly 6 years.

LOSINGFORGOOD2010 11-24-2010 08:24 AM

Thks! and those vanilla lattes are sooo good arent they? mmmm and especially now with the weather getting cooler.... i was TEMPTED the other day to get a french vanilla cappacino...then checked the nutrition stats on it first... check this and its only a MEDIUM !!!:

TOTALS PREVIEW:

Calories: 250
Fat: 8 g
Protein: 4 g
Carbs: 41 g
Fibre: 1 g
Sugar: 31 g

Marionm 11-24-2010 09:46 AM

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I'm signing off for a bit, but just wanted to let you know you are in my thoughts and prayers for healthy choices for the rest of your lives!

CheeseCake4me 11-24-2010 09:54 AM

For all those that found the exotic coffees to add to weight gain, I have to agree. I used to get the flavored cappachinos at the gas stations and since the super extra large was the same price as the small I shudder to think of all the fat and carbs I was easily gulping down!
There are so many deceptive little treats out there these days that it gets to be a nasty habit before you even realize what it is doing to you.
Since starting this diet I am so much more careful about what I get into a habit of eating or drinking, I make much better choices.

SJackson 11-24-2010 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 (Post 3581197)
Thks! and those vanilla lattes are sooo good arent they? mmmm and especially now with the weather getting cooler.... i was TEMPTED the other day to get a french vanilla cappacino...then checked the nutrition stats on it first... check this and its only a MEDIUM !!!:

TOTALS PREVIEW:

Calories: 250
Fat: 8 g
Carbs: 41 g
Fibre: 1 g
Sugar: 31 g

HOLY COW!!!! Look at the carbs alone!!! No wonder they are soooo good... :dizzy:

rangemuffin 11-24-2010 10:15 AM

I too kept seeing my weight go up. I was eatting so healthy and after seeing a specilist in Edmonton I looked into ideal protein as this is what he sggested for me to try. But at that time no one had anything out there about this program. And I didn't want to order something off line that I had no feed back on. Wow look how far we have come, it's a great way to target that middle fat and lose weight but feel healthy and satified at the same time. But just as inportant as the plan is the support from you all here. Thanks and Happythanksgiving to all our friends south of the boarder.:smug:

LOSINGFORGOOD2010 11-24-2010 10:15 AM

and for those of you in Canada and LOVE Tim Hortons' ice Caps, check this! This is a large orginal with cream:

Calories: 470
Fat: 20 g
Carbs: 63 g
Fibre: 0 g
Sugar: 62 g

soooo bad but tastes so friggin' good :)

LOSINGFORGOOD2010 11-24-2010 10:19 AM

JUST returned from an Admin meeting...and they decided on a 'breakfast meeting' oh great. I had just eaten my IP omelette at 7am.... so what to do? it was my first meeting wth this group did not know if 'everyone' ate or not...... you know how women are... went to a food court.... and eveyone got inline for delish toasted bagels with cream cheese JUST SHOOT ME NOW.... so I left the line... searched around and found pre hard boiled eggs wrapped in '2's. Bought that and a coffee... yay me....good choice. Do you know I did not even find the bagel a temptation anymore?

LOSINGFORGOOD2010 11-24-2010 10:34 AM

............but next time I now know not EVERYONE eats........and will only take a coffee :D