Old 11-22-2010, 06:11 PM   #1  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Default Interesting results....exercise and RESTRICTED items

Okay so my losses were slowing for a couple of weeks and then about 2 1/2 weeks ago I added one restricted item a day and an additional 1/2 a packet a day (I have 1/2 RTD vanilla drink with green tea) and more exercise.

Prior to two weeks ago I was only exercising a 2-3 mile walk a day...now I have added 30 minutes of Wii aerobics and 20 minutes of yoga.

The scale is moving much better...almost every day down something for the last 17 or so days....Yippee.

I was so afraid of restricted and for no reason.
darbs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 06:22 PM   #2  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

With exercise, restricted food items are almost necessary for most people.
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 06:53 PM   #3  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

I found the same thing true. I had to have a restricted item and I even had to add up to a couple of extra packets on the days when I was dancing for more than about 45 minutes.
Marionm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 08:27 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
Okay so my losses were slowing for a couple of weeks and then about 2 1/2 weeks ago I added one restricted item a day and an additional 1/2 a packet a day (I have 1/2 RTD vanilla drink with green tea) and more exercise.

Prior to two weeks ago I was only exercising a 2-3 mile walk a day...now I have added 30 minutes of Wii aerobics and 20 minutes of yoga.

The scale is moving much better...almost every day down something for the last 17 or so days....Yippee.

I was so afraid of restricted and for no reason.

Way to go!!! I am hoping for similar results this week!!! I am doing cardio M/W/F, so on those days I have my restricted item....and I have energy to do my cardio and some weight resistance as well. Its awesome! I'm into my 5th week of IP....so far down 32 lbs....here's hoping the cardio adds an extra "zing". WI is Wed. night....will let you know how it goes!
mompattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 10:43 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Height: 5'3"

I have been on IP for almost 7 weeks. I am going to start back with hot yoga on Dec 1st. So I will add a restricted bar. What is the recommendation from all of you who have been exercising. Eat right after? That is what I am thinking to do. I am always very hugnry about an hour after hot yoga once my body temp has gone down. What say you??
ladyvrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 08:04 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
Way to go!!! I am hoping for similar results this week!!! I am doing cardio M/W/F, so on those days I have my restricted item....and I have energy to do my cardio and some weight resistance as well. Its awesome! I'm into my 5th week of IP....so far down 32 lbs....here's hoping the cardio adds an extra "zing". WI is Wed. night....will let you know how it goes!
Wow....32 pounds in 5 weeks...amazing. How much weight is your total goal?
Old 11-23-2010, 06:21 PM   #7  
Countdown To Amy

S/C/G: 186 / 204 / 145

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyvrod View Post
I have been on IP for almost 7 weeks. I am going to start back with hot yoga on Dec 1st. So I will add a restricted bar. What is the recommendation from all of you who have been exercising. Eat right after? That is what I am thinking to do. I am always very hugnry about an hour after hot yoga once my body temp has gone down. What say you??
My coach advised me to drink an extra (not a bar - they don't assimilate quickly) and drink a half-hour before class and then the 2nd half within 40 minutes after class. Doesn't it feel great to get back to exercising?
amyniagara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 06:51 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyniagara View Post
My coach advised me to drink an extra (not a bar - they don't assimilate quickly) and drink a half-hour before class and then the 2nd half within 40 minutes after class. Doesn't it feel great to get back to exercising?
Great advice. Makes sense. liquid would assmilate faster. DUh was not thinking. Maybe do 1 restricted a day when I am exercising but for afternoon snack.
Thanks again
Old 11-23-2010, 07:02 PM   #9  
Countdown To Amy

S/C/G: 186 / 204 / 145

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Perhaps I should have specified...drink a SHAKE! ha. not a Harvey Wallbanger. Amy
amyniagara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 10:52 PM   #10  

Quote:
Perhaps I should have specified...drink a SHAKE! ha. not a Harvey Wallbanger. Amy
haha not a screwdriver?! darn.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:16 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 180/180/130

I'm on week 5 and just started restricted foods. My coach said I have to start adding more carbs. I have had a candy bar daily since Saturday and I have noticed that the scale has gone up 3 pounds since then. I'm very worried that the program stopped working for me. I haven't cheated so all I can think is that I need to start exercising. Prior to IP I had just started a 45 minute Pilates program three times a week, so my coach told me to start very slow. Has anyone experienced gain or no loss when adding restricted foods? I am going to do 10 minutes on the elliptical tomorrow at a low pace and then the 45 minute Pilates program. Am I aiming for too much or does anyone have any suggestions?

Last edited by Coqui; 11-23-2010 at 11:17 PM.
Coqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 11:54 PM   #12  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

YES! Many people experienced gains using restricted items too often or too early. If you are very carb sensitive or hyperinsulinemic you have to be careful about adding carbs back. Also, use the lower carb restricted items until you are sure you can handle bars daily. Start by adding the lower carb restricted only on the 3 days you work out. Then try the higher carb ones mixed in... it may work out you are having them every 3rd day for a week.

This will allow you to see when you body say "too much" and starts to gain again. The gain can simply be adding back glucose and glycogen and related fluids but, you should not see that if you are exercising enough to be burning off your added carbs.

The elliptical can be too much cardio. It is hard to keep your heart below the 75% max heart rate point. Walking is a perfect exercise to get in cardio and keep the heart in a happy fat burning place.

Some people manage to do running but, they have tested it to see that it works for them.

The Pilates should be fine. That and yoga and certain weight training which won't accelerate your heart rate are all good. They help build muscle at a low heart rate which helps to keep the metabolism up.
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 09:55 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 180/180/130

YES! Many people experienced gains using restricted items too often or too early. If you are very carb sensitive or hyperinsulinemic you have to be careful about adding carbs back. Also, use the lower carb restricted items until you are sure you can handle bars daily. Start by adding the lower carb restricted only on the 3 days you work out. Then try the higher carb ones mixed in... it may work out you are having them every 3rd day for a week.

This will allow you to see when you body say "too much" and starts to gain again. The gain can simply be adding back glucose and glycogen and related fluids but, you should not see that if you are exercising enough to be burning off your added carbs.

The elliptical can be too much cardio. It is hard to keep your heart below the 75% max heart rate point. Walking is a perfect exercise to get in cardio and keep the heart in a happy fat burning place.

Some people manage to do running but, they have tested it to see that it works for them.

The Pilates should be fine. That and yoga and certain weight training which won't accelerate your heart rate are all good. They help build muscle at a low heart rate which helps to keep the metabolism up.

Carla, Thank you for all the explanation and suggestions. Everything sounds so logical. I am highly carb sensitive. That is why I started IP to see if I can retrain my body to live with low amounts of carbs. This morning the scale was back to 156 which was what I weighed on Saturday, so I'm more relaxed. I'm starting Pilates today. Wish me luck. I truly believe that exercise and IP are a complete pacakge. After loosing 17 pounds I'm noticing a smaller frame but with loser skin, so I better do something to tone up. Thanks! again for the great advice. You are awesome!!! God bless you!!

Ana
Coqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 10:04 AM   #14  
Sandra

S/C/G: 210/168/145

Height: 5'7"

Thanks for this thread. Since I have lost quite a bit of my weight I just started horseback riding three times per week and of course the exercises to strengthen my legs and core. I had not thought about making sure I added more protein to prevent muscle loss!
CheeseCake4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 06:29 PM   #15  

I just wanted to keep everyone updated....I have continued to have great results with the changes I made (adding a restricted item, light cardio, and an additional 1/2 packet a day). I am down almost another 4 pounds this week. Since I added the restricted my weight loss really kicked up and it was dragging. To this date I still have not had one bite of anything off protocol.