Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 10:24 AM   #16  
Sandy

S/C/G: 188/154/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by joellio View Post
My list sais the same thing about brussel sprouts. A restricted veggie. I have my next official WI on Friday and I'm getting anxious. My coach was out of town last week so I didn't have a WI and I'm so curious as to what it is going to say... I have my scale at home but it is new and so I have no clue how accurate it is... The numbers are going down which is a good sign but still... I am anxious. This is my 4th week so I still have this fear that this isn't really working... my clothes are looser and I feel better but I don't think anyone is really noticing anything yet or at least they are not telling me if they are seeing a difference. 2 more days! How bad is it that I am starting to obsess about the scale when I started I just wanted to be healthier... now I am excited about being thinner.
I share your fear and I'm totally addicted to my scale, which is not a good thing. It shows the numbers going down, but no one has really noticed yet. Not even my BF. As of this morning my scale says 14 lbs gone and I'm into my 5th week. I was supposed to have a WI yesterday, but the doctor was called away, so I'm going today. I really want to strip off all my clothes and get on her scale....LOL

Last edited by SJackson; 11-10-2010 at 10:45 AM.
Old 11-10-2010, 10:25 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 175/156/140

Height: 5'0"

Default Happy Hump Day!!!

Goood Morning!!

Just stopping in to say Hello!!!! Hope everyone is enjoying their week and staying on plan!!!
Old 11-10-2010, 10:30 AM   #18  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

joellio: I see we are the same height. When i was 198 it wasn't until I got around 175 that people were like wow!! It's because we are so darn short but don't worry it will happen.
Old 11-10-2010, 10:35 AM   #19  
Start date: August 19/10

S/C/G: 229/163/150

Height: 5'7"

Morning All! Just wanted to share a NSV with you. I've been feeling a little bummed this week as the scale has not been moving as usual but I needed a new pair of dress pants for work (the baggy butt is getting embarrassing! ) I just got a pair Size 10! that used to be my dream size! I also got a 36D bra! Feeling better about that stupid scale.

Tennessee - congratulations! I'm so happy for you!

My coach also says to avoid all aspartame. When I was pregnant I was told to stay away from it because it wasn't good for the baby. I still won't let my kids (now teens) have anything with aspartame in it.
Old 11-10-2010, 10:40 AM   #20  
Start date: August 19/10

S/C/G: 229/163/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheila1971 View Post
joellio: I see we are the same height. When i was 198 it wasn't until I got around 175 that people were like wow!! It's because we are so darn short but don't worry it will happen.
People still won't comment to me. I've lost over 40lbs and the only people who have commented are the ones I have told about the plan from the beginning(husband, 2 best friends) The weight loss is obvious but some people just don't want to acknowledge it. I don't know if it is jealousy, they feel uncomfortable, or they are just too wrapped up in themselves, but it is discouraging. How I feel is more important then what they say.
Old 11-10-2010, 11:02 AM   #21  

Default IP Daily Chat - Wed. 10 Nov. 2010

I made it through my first WI. Minus 9! Even if it was water weight, I sure don't miss it!

This week I will move my snack between lunch and dinner. Guess I will add lettuce for dinner also. I thought lettuce ~ and the second teaspoon of oil ~ were optional, not required.
Old 11-10-2010, 11:07 AM   #22  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamadancer View Post
People still won't comment to me. I've lost over 40lbs and the only people who have commented are the ones I have told about the plan from the beginning(husband, 2 best friends) The weight loss is obvious but some people just don't want to acknowledge it. I don't know if it is jealousy, they feel uncomfortable, or they are just too wrapped up in themselves, but it is discouraging. How I feel is more important then what they say.
I think people are a little jealous. Especially females! Lately I have had people start to notice and say something to me. Yesterday, I had my pharmacist ask, "just how much weight have you lost"? She hadn't seen me for some time since I no longer take any meds.

I've been in that frame of mind before, when I saw other people losing weight and I would get a little jealous that they were doing it and I wasn't. Now the shoe is on the other foot!
Old 11-10-2010, 11:09 AM   #23  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepperGal View Post
I made it through my first WI. Minus 9! Even if it was water weight, I sure don't miss it!

This week I will move my snack between lunch and dinner. Guess I will add lettuce for dinner also. I thought lettuce ~ and the second teaspoon of oil ~ were optional, not required.
NINE POUNDS! Awesome job! I try to eat my lettuce with two meals but don't always get it done. But, I've been told that we are suppose to. Helps fill you up and helps with keeping you regular.
Old 11-10-2010, 11:14 AM   #24  
Started IP 6/23/10

S/C/G: 236.6/193/170

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coqui View Post
Good Morning Everyone!

I am curious about drinks with aspartame. Has anyone noticed a difference in weight loss while taking these drinks vs. those with splenda? I personally use Pure Via (stevia) for my coffee, but I am not aware of any drinks out there with this ingredient.
I found a soda pop called Nevia at the store the other day. In was in the "health food isle" or section of the the snack isle. They were there with he Hansen's and Blue Sky sodas. I didn't get any, but I will next time.
Old 11-10-2010, 11:21 AM   #25  
Started IP 6/23/10

S/C/G: 236.6/193/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaarin View Post
Splenda, Stevia and sucralose are all the same thing (at least I'm 99% sure of this - oh wise ones, please correct me if I'm wrong). These latter are the sweeteners of choice.
Splenda is the brand name of sucralose with is a chemical dirivitive of sugar. Stevia is an extract of the stevia plant. They are unrelated.
Old 11-10-2010, 11:37 AM   #26  
Started IP 9/1/10

S/C/G: 240/215/pregnant

Height: 5'8"

amylew- the spreadsheet you are working on...is this alternative packets...not IP? I was wondering because if it is, maybe we should specify what brand they are...I order from nashua and lindora and they all have differences. If it is, I could work on it....I have quite a few boxes at home....and a few here at work. Let me know!

darn scale hasn't budged again for 4 days....I hate the nonbudge. Ugh

Went to supper last night and ordered a spicy chicken salad (it was Mexican night). It came in a taco bowl....so I dumped it out and handed the bowl down the table for others to munch on. Problem was......the salad was nothing more than a side salad with chicken. BOO!!! In my frustration/hunger, I ended up eating 2 small softshell tacos off of a friend's plate. I know, and I regretted it, lesson learned. Stick with what you know....don't depend on a salad being big! Naughty Julie!
Old 11-10-2010, 11:42 AM   #27  
Started IP 9/1/10

S/C/G: 240/215/pregnant

Height: 5'8"

Uh, duh....sorrry amylew....just noticed the tabs! Lol!
Old 11-10-2010, 12:08 PM   #28  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

mama dancer: I think it is jealousy, but you also have to remember something they are jealous because of the time, effort,stress,excitement, all of that that goes into any thing in life but weight loss is a hard one.

Julie: What were you meaning by being different with the food packs? I can deal with half the price versus 90+ a week it was to the point I really couldn't afford being on the program anymore, but I do love the variety.
Old 11-10-2010, 12:26 PM   #29  

Hope everyone's having a great day! Linden thank you for answering about the pills. I spent way too much time trying to go back and find the post I thought I had read, and didn't want to have to try again. Oh, and thanks everyone for talking about how great the Cheese Curls are. I finally tried them last night and yum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoGirl View Post
Ok today will be my 4th weigh in...I'm ready..I always get nervous before
I weigh..the night before and I know I shouldn't but its always been like
that no matter what program I've been on...

I'm getting a little confused...
in my program it says no cabbage and root veggies...
so are the turnips.. turnip greens or realy turnips..??
and do some of you eat green cabbage...????

My doctor is new at this..so the support is not really there..
I'm going to see today if they have the cookbook..if now anyone know where
I can buy it...
Thank you everyone for being there for the newbies of the program...
Always forget to ask about them, but I believe there are 3 Recipe Books. I'm sure prices vary, but at my place you can order them for $15 each.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaarin View Post
Good morning fellow IPers!

Good luck on your WI today! My understanding is that the only root veggie you can eat is turnip as it has less carbs than others. We had a big discussion on the difference between turnip and rutabaga a few days ago as many of us thought they were one and the same. My sheet says no green cabbage, but red is okay.
Have a great day everyone!
Thanks for pointing that out! My sheet says cabbage (red, pak choi, bok choy) and I never even noticed the parenthesis! I have a head of green cabbage and no idea if its any of those. I was going to make some cabbage soup today too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamadancer View Post
I wonder if it doesn't make people uncomfortable. My bf's family is all short, tiny women (under 120). They are very size conscious and always comment on each others gains or losses. Well, I guess he had told his mother I was dieting and she came over yesterday. She saw the box I keep my food in and started going through it so then asked if its worked. When I told her I'd lost 15 lbs she didn't even comment and instead was like oh no, they're all packets, what are you going to eat for thanksgiving? I was really bummed and confused since they all make a big deal over 2 lbs with each other. I chalked it up to the fact that it's easier for her to ignore it, kinda like how I've gained 60 lbs while I've been with him and no one's ever commented (thankfully!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by natchamp View Post
I found a soda pop called Nevia at the store the other day. In was in the "health food isle" or section of the the snack isle. They were there with he Hansen's and Blue Sky sodas. I didn't get any, but I will next time.
I was told to avoid carbonated beverages. Can't remember the reason why though.
Old 11-10-2010, 12:38 PM   #30  
Started 9/25/10

S/C/G: 310 / 252 / 210

Default Carbonated beverages

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100ButterflyKisses View Post
I was told to avoid carbonated beverages. Can't remember the reason why though.
The way it was explained to me is that carbonated beverages contain carbonic acid. The IP diet is an alkaline diet, and the carbonic acid diminishes the effects of the diet.

Last edited by tedski; 11-10-2010 at 12:38 PM.
Closed Thread