Old 10-21-2010, 10:04 AM   #1  

Talking Newbie Chat

Hi all!

I just started IP a week and a half ago. I've been reading a lot of posts and realized that there are quite a few other newbies to the program. I figured it would be nice to have a spot for all of us to talk. I myself have had a hard time with all these initial changes and would like see how others are adjusting. Also, I figure it's a great place to share why we are doing this, what we hope to get out of it, and other experiences we have.

For me, I've been heavyset for years and steadily gaining, but never really noticed or worried that much about it. Then this past year there was a month that I gained a lot at once and found that none of my clothes fit, not even my baggy ones! That became the moment when it hit me how much I've really gained. Then during the summer I found that my body was sooo sluggish and out of shape that I physically couldn't do a lot of the activities I love doing. I tried exercising, but found it hard to do because my system is so out of whack... 5 mins would absolutely exhaust me. Since this program adjusts the system, I'm hoping it will help me overhaul my body into being healthy again!!

Ok so that's my long winded story. I like to remember that because I love my unhealthy food (especially my Mt Dew) and it's been a struggle. Even something as simple as grabbing a pickle and NOT the cheese I usually wrap with it. *baby steps* It hasn't been that long and already I'm seeing results and off Mt Dew for the first time in over ten years! I've never been able to go off it because of the severe migraines I'd get, and this has helped that. Just wish the bf would quit drinking it too.

And a question for you all... anyone else feel almost obsessive about this? I've spent so much time looking for recipes, learning to cook (yep, I didn't even know how to hard boil eggs), checking labels in the hopes I can eat items, and learning about it. My main topic of discussion now is IP.

Also, I'd like to thank WannaBeHotMum for her I'm New thread, which made me think of this. And thank everyone else who's put their experiences here and help answer questions. This is such a great community!!!
100ButterflyKisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:18 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 254/246/180

Height: 5'8

I'll join in. I'm an ultra-newbie. I don't start until Monday - that's when I have my first appointment and get my starter pack. Meanwhile I've been trying to really cut back on carbs so maybe my first couple of days OP won't be so hard.
TennesseeLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:25 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 185/153/135

Height: 5'5

I too am a newbie. I started on 10/11/10. I have been up and down for the past 10 years. Gained, lost, got pregnent, lost, got pregnant with twins. :-). The twins are 4years old and it is time to get my body back and lose some weight.

I noticed my self lacking energy for most of the summer and have just been so unhappy with the way I looked and feel. I knew I was not making good choices and with the summer fun induldged in a few adult beverages several times per week causing me to gain MORE! UGH.

My friend started IP on 10/6/10 and inspired me to do the same. So here I am :-)

I started at 185. WI week one down 9lbs woo hoo.

I have read and read and read so many threads and tips and tricks and recipes on here its been VERY HELPFUL and INSPIRING. I too have found I am being a bit "obsessive"

Thanks everyone for being so supportive!
njajcjmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:37 AM   #4  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Hi and to all the Newbies!

I hope no one feels left out of the general forum/daily chat. You all are certainly welcome to create your own thread and discuss specifically issues related to new Ideal Protein dieters but, please, don't avoid the general discussion or other threads.

Your new energy, enthusiasm, and rapid losses are very inspiring for all of us who have been with the diet for quite sometime.

Also, most of your experienced dieters do use the general chat. In fact, we have many who are in phase 4 and maintenance who share time chatting in the general chat and life after thread.

If you bring up a topic or issue that you can't find answered on the board or that you don't seem to have a resolution for please remember to address with the Daily Chat where all forum users are chatting. You will be most likely to get the quickest and best responses in that thread.

Thanks!
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:41 AM   #5  

Default Pre-cut veggies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeLeigh View Post
I'll join in. I'm an ultra-newbie. I don't start until Monday - that's when I have my first appointment and get my starter pack. Meanwhile I've been trying to really cut back on carbs so maybe my first couple of days OP won't be so hard.
Hi! If you haven't started yet, I would recommend pre-cutting the veggies you like and plan on using (if you have extra time this weekend). I get a lot of my veggies from adding them to soups or the omelet, so its nice to just be able to grab them, measure them, and toss them in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njajcjmomma View Post
I too am a newbie.I started at 185. WI week one down 9lbs woo hoo.
Congrats!
Old 10-21-2010, 10:50 AM   #6  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeLeigh View Post
Hi Leigh!

Take some time to read the tips for newbies "sticky" thread! There is a great deal of advice in there.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...s-newbies.html

I hope you have taken your own at home weights and measures. In truth, by cutting back now, before your first official weigh in you won't be able to see your real beginning which has already happened. Later you will want to be able to note all the change you have experienced related to removing carbs from your life and this week will be important. It will likely also have a significant impact on your results for your week 1 weigh in.

Great job with all the preparation! It really is the keep to having success with this, and I suppose any, plan!
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 09:46 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Height: 5'3"

Default Newbie

I started IP on 10/6/10. I am loving IP. I have not had the huge losses, 9+ lbs in the first week, like others have. I am ok with that. down 8 lbs in 2 weeks, I will take that, better than gaining 8 lbs in 2 weeks. I pretty much cut out sugar and have eaten low carb for the past year. (so I am telling myself that is why only 8 lbs in 2 weeks haha this is my story and I'm sticking to it!)

I have maintained my current weight of 165 for the last year and not happy about it that's for sure. I saw a friend of mine that I do not see often like once a year and she looked GREAT. I asked her what she was doing and of course it was IP. Sign me up. I went on line and found a clinic near my home and am on day 2 of my 3rd week.

Obsessive................yes. I live to read the posts here and plan all my meals and pre cut veggies and have even gone though my closet in preparation for my skinny self. I have an entire wardrobe waiting for, clothes that I have not worn in 4 years.

I started the IP skeptical. My birthday is the 23rd (this saturday ) I was thinking "ok I will do this for 2 weeks until my birthday weekend and the eat whatever for the weekend away, (6 of us girls rented a luxury cabin in the mountains YAY)" Now I am scrambling to get all of my veggies cut and bagged up to take and figuring out which IP packets I want. Yes there will be some cheats, wine for example, but a far cry from what I was planning. I am a wine lover and thought not having wine between my start date and my birthday was going to be a real challenge since I am the only one not drinking in my circle of friends but it has been a breeze I have my club soda with lemon and lime and enjoy it. I am very shocked to be quite honest. I guess things are easy when you finally put your mind to it.
ladyvrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 06:54 PM   #8  

Hi all, I just started on Monday too. I am doing this because I was addicted to sugars and I was always thinking about food non-stop. The first couple days were REALLY hard for me (must have been the sugar withdrawls) where I was getting so hungry I thought I was going to pass out or eat a bunch of sugary stuff. I resisted and ate my IP meal and veggi's and it satisfied me. Now, on the 5th day, I can hear my tummy growling when I'm hungry which I never heard that before. I can eat regular portioned sized meals and feel so good about it. I am down 8 pounds since I started, so I'm so excited to continue this journey. Every one has kept me motivated, so I am as well addicted.... to this site, the scale, and for once, I'm not thinking about what I'm going to eat next.
AmyonIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 07:24 PM   #9  

Talking

Well I started the 29th of September and have had 3 WI and lost a total of 11#'s. I too was a sugar addict. I had a couple of small cheats and I'm sure that is why my weight has stalled at first. I've been pretty strict the last week. We traveled one weekend so that was really hard. Even my small cheats didn't feel like cheats like on other diet programs. I'm now staying on the wagon.
I'm finding that even with out true hunger that emotionally I often want to eat and am trying to get this emotional thing wooped while I'm on IP. Hope everyone is doing great that just started out.
sparkle7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 05:12 AM   #10  

Good job on everyone's successes!!! Keep at it and I hope everyone continues to do well.
Old 10-23-2010, 08:16 AM   #11  
Lorrie

S/C/G: 280/191/200

Height: 5' 8"

I have been on the program for 8 weeks now and have lost a total of 43-1/2 pounds which I am so proud of.

I have never joined a weight-loss program until this one.

The results are just amazing!

The only thing I am leary about is the maintenance part of it when I have reached my goal weight.

But I know with determination and dedication, I will be able to do it!!!!
JonathanandZeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 08:52 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 245.6/193.4/180.0 IP 10/17/10

Height: 5' 8"

Thank you for starting this thread.

I started on 10/17/10 and the first couple of days were pretty rough.

I had my WI yesterday (after 5 days) and have lost 7.5 lbs and 4.5 inches.

Amazing!

I will be 50 in December and instead of buying something expensive I've decided to get healthier. I want to be in better shape for when I get older so I'll live longer (God willing).

Christine
cmsgrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 10:53 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 192/180/130

Height: 5' 5.5"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100ButterflyKisses View Post
Hi all!

I just started IP a week and a half ago. I've been reading a lot of posts and realized that there are quite a few other newbies to the program. I figured it would be nice to have a spot for all of us to talk. I myself have had a hard time with all these initial changes and would like see how others are adjusting. Also, I figure it's a great place to share why we are doing this, what we hope to get out of it, and other experiences we have.

For me, I've been heavyset for years and steadily gaining, but never really noticed or worried that much about it. Then this past year there was a month that I gained a lot at once and found that none of my clothes fit, not even my baggy ones! That became the moment when it hit me how much I've really gained. Then during the summer I found that my body was sooo sluggish and out of shape that I physically couldn't do a lot of the activities I love doing. I tried exercising, but found it hard to do because my system is so out of whack... 5 mins would absolutely exhaust me. Since this program adjusts the system, I'm hoping it will help me overhaul my body into being healthy again!!

Ok so that's my long winded story. I like to remember that because I love my unhealthy food (especially my Mt Dew) and it's been a struggle. Even something as simple as grabbing a pickle and NOT the cheese I usually wrap with it. *baby steps* It hasn't been that long and already I'm seeing results and off Mt Dew for the first time in over ten years! I've never been able to go off it because of the severe migraines I'd get, and this has helped that. Just wish the bf would quit drinking it too.

And a question for you all... anyone else feel almost obsessive about this? I've spent so much time looking for recipes, learning to cook (yep, I didn't even know how to hard boil eggs), checking labels in the hopes I can eat items, and learning about it. My main topic of discussion now is IP.

Also, I'd like to thank WannaBeHotMum for her I'm New thread, which made me think of this. And thank everyone else who's put their experiences here and help answer questions. This is such a great community!!!
You're welcome! I'm glad you were able to share your story too!
WannaBeHotMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 01:30 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 219/141/130

Height: 5'1''

Hello to all! I am on day 2 of the Ideal Protein diet and was so happy to find a community to share this journey with!

I'm not truly hungry but I keep feeling the need to mindlessly eat (I haven't yet), but I am suddenly very aware of my urge to just grab something and snack on it. I never realized how much I did that before. I am following the diet exactly and am very excited for my weigh in where I am hopeful I will start seeing results! I am experiencing the headaches and leg cramps (which are miserable), anyone else?

I am using salt on all my veggies...not sure what else to do besides take advil. I had no energy day 1 to exercise, but today I managed to get out for a brisk walk.

Anyone try the lemon or strawberry pudding? Let me know your opinion.

I have tried the cappuccino (great), the chicken soup (great-even with flax meal spooned into it), chocolate on the go drink (YUM), omelet (yum) and banana pudding (good-but, I think I'd rather have choco or vanilla)

Happy wishes to all!
WorldTraveleronIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 01:33 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 219/141/130

Height: 5'1''

I think that's great, Christine! I too am rewarding myself this year with the gift of good health (in lieu of stuff). Good luck to you
WorldTraveleronIP is offline   Reply With Quote