S/C/G: 208.8/186.8/128

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicmom734 View Post
Quick stop in, I'm on my way to work!

WI#4

4 pounds and 2 inches.

Total 20 pounds, and 24 1/2 inches!
Wow, congratulations. That's terrific to have lost another 4 pounds in a week!

Mary
Old 10-29-2010, 05:16 PM   #47  
=^..^=

S/C/G: 169 / 169 / 140

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyomingGuy View Post
My next question is about exercise. How much exercise should one be doing on the IP Diet? How much is too much? I am not impressed with the coach at the clinic, they seemed more interested in taking measurements and getting me my food then taking time to answer the questions. That is why I am enjoying this forum.Thanks, Eric
there is an exercise thread here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...-exercise.html
read, read, read.

There are people here who are a lot more knowledgeable about this than me. Look for posts from showgirlaz (Carla) and deinekatze (Elizabeth), who is a trainer, if I recall correctly.

I was pretty active before I started IP (ride my bike to work; play hockey) so except for my first week when I skipped hockey practice, now I do what I did before. Some coaches have rules, but mine was cool with this plan (in fact, I was referred to my coach from a fellow player on my hockey team who looks great and is happily on maintenance). On days I have a game or practice, I get an additional IP packet.

Keep asking questions - this is how we all learn!!
Old 10-29-2010, 06:16 PM   #48  

S/C/G: Restart: 233/ 214/ 170

Height: 5'1

Unhappy first timer - slow looser - plateau?

Hello,
This is my first post. If it's not in the right place just let me know. I've been on ideal protein for 3 months and have lost 33lbs. Not breaking any records compared to others but NOTHING has ever worked for me - at all! So I can't complain. I've tried to go without restricteds for a few days but weight loss doesn't speed up so I'm back to eating them now. I love the diet - i think it is very easy. I have done far more on more restrictive diets without results so this is a snap. Last month i only lost 2.5 lbs a week and was disappointed but at the end of the month found out I had gained 7lbs of muscle. But for the last 2 weeks I haven't lost any weight at all. I haven't cheated so I don't know what's wrong. Is it a plateau? Did anyone else plateau? I have pcos and last month was the first time in months that I had an issue where my cycle changed and I kind of skipped it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Old 10-29-2010, 06:23 PM   #49  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Happy weekend!

After work, I took myself on a date to go get a pedi and celebrate what my body has done in the last 3 weeks. I saw a picture yesterday that was taken a month ago and is serving as my before picture. In it, I'm in a cage (long story), I look sad and I have this big old spare tire around my waist. It seemed appropriate for my before pic to be taken in my fat cage! Anyway, that spare tire is gone already, I feel better and I'm proud of me. My body is AMAZING. And so are you - I couldn't do this without you guys.

And I've decided to stay off my scale. I will look at my WIs, but I will stay away from my home scale. My weekly weight will serve as my WIs for the Christmas challenge! I think this will make me less crazy. :-)
Old 10-29-2010, 06:28 PM   #50  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

S/C/G: 192.5/158/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figgypudding View Post
Hello,
This is my first post. If it's not in the right place just let me know. I've been on ideal protein for 3 months and have lost 33lbs. Not breaking any records compared to others but NOTHING has ever worked for me - at all! So I can't complain. I've tried to go without restricteds for a few days but weight loss doesn't speed up so I'm back to eating them now. I love the diet - i think it is very easy. I have done far more on more restrictive diets without results so this is a snap. Last month i only lost 2.5 lbs a week and was disappointed but at the end of the month found out I had gained 7lbs of muscle. But for the last 2 weeks I haven't lost any weight at all. I haven't cheated so I don't know what's wrong. Is it a plateau? Did anyone else plateau? I have pcos and last month was the first time in months that I had an issue where my cycle changed and I kind of skipped it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Hi there.... I was also a slow loser compaired to others but I did better than I have ever done before and I have kept the weight off for just about 3 months now which is also new for me. I dont think it is a plateau but more of a re-adjustment ....your body has lost alot of fat in the last 3 months, our natural bodily function is to store fat so sometimes it kinda says "hey what do you think you are doing?" I may need fat for later!!!
I think 11 pounds in great every month... gaining muscle is also fantastic, your doing great, I think anyway so dont get discouraged... everyone gains weight differently so we must also lose weight differently ...but your still doing a great job losing weight, getting healthier, try not to focus on the numbers.... i know that is easier said than done..
Old 10-29-2010, 06:29 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 187/152/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegsi View Post
NSV of the year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I bought a dress today to wear to a funeral I am attending back home this weekend and this may sound silly but...I am not used to being thin so (not trying to brag) I thought it might be to sexy (its not a sexy dress just fitted) so I asked my honey "If I try it on and show you will you tell me if it looks okay" so I put it on and my black pumps and walk into the living room where he is sitting on the couch and he just stares...and stares...and stares!!
I couldn't figure out what was going on. So I asked "does it look okay" and he stares with this strange look on his face. (I had already checked the dress with one of my sisters and she said it was very becoming and funeral appropriate) Then I finally realized what the **** was wrong with my husband! I was sexy! He thought I looked hot! I know that may seem odd but I have been fat and a bit frumpy for quite a few years.

I didn't recognize the look because it has been alot of years since he last looked at me that way. And I am almost crying. There are days now when I look in the mirror and am shocked by what I see. And then I look at the 182lb photos and think How in the **** did I let myself get there!
So this is a big fat to thin THANK YOU Ideal Protien!
Thank you for helping me get me back!
That is awesome. I have tears in my eyes. I'm so proud of you.

Sorry to hear of your loss. I am working all weekend, so if you have a minute, stop by the Ambulance garage, I would love to see you.

<3
Old 10-29-2010, 06:33 PM   #52  
on IP since 10/4/10

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'9"

Hey all! This is my first post here. Have been on IP for just over 3 weeks and am down 12.5 lbs and 6 inches as of this am. SOOOO excited! I'm 26 and have had low estrogen issues for awhile now, so no diet has worked for me before. It's nice to see the scale steadily dropping the lbs! Yay! Also was nice for my hubby to tell me the other day that he can tell I'm getting smaller by the day... and this is coming from a guy who rarely gives compliments!

Have a happy Friday!
Old 10-29-2010, 07:17 PM   #53  

Gggrrr with the cravings!! I took a nap and I was dreaming about food and woke up starving. So instead of eating a PB and J which was calling my name VERY loudly, I ate a couple pickles and 1/2 a pack of soy choc. puffs. Now I'm feeling ok. I just have to remember what someone said earlier that food has too much control over me, but I'm trying hard to take control back.

Great Job queenmimi and Figgypudding!! I will go to my 2nd week WI on Monday, and it's great to hear all the success from IP.
Old 10-29-2010, 07:47 PM   #54  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Height: 5'5"

Just got back home from my weekly weigh in. Disappointed but yet really happy. Is that possible? Missed reaching 20 lbs by Halloween by .4 pound. Maybe this weekend I can get that .4 pound off.

But I did make it to over 25 pounds lost total, and now I'm over half way to my goal. Can't believe I am actually doing it!

I realized the other day I no longer have a double chin and then someone on here mentioned about their arm pits not being rounded but actually having a "pit." I got that too! (Can't believe I posted the last part of that I mentioned to my sister that my butt is starting to look like my step mother in-laws. Concave. There's a visual for ya

Everyone have a GREAT weekend!

Oops...Forgot....I'm in the 150's now. Yeah!

Last edited by iowahawkeyemom; 10-29-2010 at 07:48 PM.
Old 10-29-2010, 08:13 PM   #55  
Health vs. Madness

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 1st attempt 270/151/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
You are on the doorstop of a momentous personal achievement. I don't think you'd be human if you didn't approach it with some trepidation. Bur what a unique event. Through the eyes of us from the outside it seems incredibly important and we can only shower you with admiration -- whether you make the goal tomorrow or next week. In the great scheme of things, Rosemary, you'll go down in the annals of Ideal Protein as one of its major successes.
Thank you so much, Linden, for your thoughtful words. Your knowledge and cheerleading has helped me immensely.
Old 10-29-2010, 08:28 PM   #56  
Health vs. Madness

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 1st attempt 270/151/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitmatter View Post
Well said Lindy! and I absolutely agree. No matter what the scale spits out tomorrow, you're a winner Rosemary! You've been true to yourself and the protocol. You're going to make it to your goal no matter what the # says tomorrow. You know the dorky saying, "keep your eye on the prize." This is a long term - LIFE LONG commitment we make to and for ourselves. You don't have to weigh tomorrow. Or the next day. Or the next day. The other day you posted such a wonderful comment on the line of if you follow the protocol you will reach your goal in the end. Having a read out number from a scale won't change the final outcome. Yes, scales have the opportunity to inspire and keep us motivated. BUT they can also derail us and cause ssssooooooooo much stress. Take time tonight to think about what's important to you: reaching the short term 100 pound goal, or the final overall goal? No matter what you decide, just know you are doing EVERYTHING correct. You're believing in yourself AND in your body. That my friend is worth so much more than a number on the scale.

This past week there's been A LOT of talk about disappointment over weigh in numbers. The scale is such a contradictory tool - helpful, but yet so potentially damaging to our self esteem. In my journey I've definitely battled with the scale. After my last weigh in for the Halloween challenge I put the scale back into the cabinet. I was getting too stressed over such a stupid number. I haven't weighed myself since then and have been back to feeling "normal". As many of you may recall, I've been struggling with deciding when to move into phase 2. I've been waiting for the "ah hah" moment of knowing I'm "there." But, trying to figure out, what "there" means is... difficult to put into words/difficult to wrap my heart/sole/brain around. This past week of not weighing is helping. I'm becoming comfortable with my body as it is and not focusing upon how it should be. Or what weight/number I'm at. Or what my ideal body image is. Even as I type this, I'm realizing (or starting to make the mental connection) that body image and self worth are not AND should not be tied together.

Okay, enough self rambling. But I will put the challenge out there to those struggling with the scale: put the scale away. Yep, just put it away. Trust in your body and in yourself. Follow the protocol and believe that when given time, your body is going to do exactly what it needs to do and do it when it needs to (meaning lose pound wise or inches). When you go in for your weekly weigh in, turn your back on the scale and don't look. Tell your coach you believe in your body and don't want/need to know the number. They'll record it, it'll be there, but just let the number be simply a number which doesn't have an impact on where you are today, or tomorrow or next week. Honestly, if a coworker or friend asks for my advance this will be at the top of my list: if you know you want to lose weight and realize it's going to take months and months - commit to the journey WITHOUT using a scale.

Okay ladies and gentlemen... I've gotta get back to earning my living.

Thanks for letting me "think out loud."

Happy Friday everyone!

Thanks so much for the head adjustment. I will weigh tomorrow, but after that I think I will put the scale away for awhile. The outcome will be the same whether I get on the scale or don't ever weigh again. I am so fortunate to have friends like you beautiful people on these boards. We share our inner most thoughts, frustrations, ideas, and pain and always get support back. Thanks so much ---

Last edited by rosemary2612; 10-29-2010 at 08:30 PM.
Old 10-29-2010, 08:28 PM   #57  
Restarted on 01/10/17

S/C/G: 212/212/123

Height: 5'1"

Just had my Big Mac in a Bowl. Now I don't feel so left out. Yummy!
Old 10-29-2010, 09:22 PM   #58  
on IP since 10/4/10

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowahawkeyemom View Post
I realized the other day I no longer have a double chin and then someone on here mentioned about their arm pits not being rounded but actually having a "pit." I got that too! (Can't believe I posted the last part of that I mentioned to my sister that my butt is starting to look like my step mother in-laws. Concave. There's a visual for ya

Everyone have a GREAT weekend!

Oops...Forgot....I'm in the 150's now. Yeah!
Yeah!!! Strong work! Double chins are sooo hard to get rid of, and mine started disappearing a few lbs ago! Yay!
Old 10-29-2010, 09:24 PM   #59  
on IP since 10/4/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyonIP View Post
Gggrrr with the cravings!! I took a nap and I was dreaming about food and woke up starving. So instead of eating a PB and J which was calling my name VERY loudly, I ate a couple pickles and 1/2 a pack of soy choc. puffs. Now I'm feeling ok. I just have to remember what someone said earlier that food has too much control over me, but I'm trying hard to take control back.

Great Job queenmimi and Figgypudding!! I will go to my 2nd week WI on Monday, and it's great to hear all the success from IP.
The cravings do gradually go away. My crutch is Mexican food, and this past weekend I went to my friend's bachelorette party which started out at a Mexican restaurant, and I was able to resist temptation! It does get better! Keep up the good work!
Old 10-29-2010, 09:34 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 208.8/186.8/128

Height: 5'3"

Default How much meat, poulty & fish can we have each day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amylew View Post
Just had my Big Mac in a Bowl. Now I don't feel so left out. Yummy!
Hi Amy, I had your Big Mac in a Bowl tonight for dinner; it was pretty good, thanks for sharing the recipe yesterday.

In the recipe I believe you had mentioned that a half a pound of ground beef cooked came down to about 5 1/2 pounds. I was told by my coach that the 5 oz of beef was the amount we are permitted pre-cooked. I was wondering if I misunderstood.

Mary
Closed Thread