3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   I P Weekend Chat, October 9-10, 2010 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/214394-i-p-weekend-chat-october-9-10-2010-a.html)

kaarin 10-10-2010 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JollyCrewzer (Post 3515708)
Last week there was a discussion regarding salad dressing. My clinic gave me this recipe that was developed by one of the doctors there. I will also post it in the recipe thread - have to work on getting my 20 posts in - I want that ticker!:D

Salad Dressing - Great on spinach salad

1/2 C Splenda
2 T Sesame Seeds
1 T Poppy Seeds
1 1/2 tsp Minced Onions
1/4 tsp Worchestershire Sause
1/4 tsp Paprika
1/4 C Apple Cider Vinegar
1/2 C Olive Oil

I omit the poppy seeds because I usually don't have those. I use this twice a day. I love it! Sometimes, I add a bit of cayanne pepper!

Sounds like a great recipe for dressing, but surely you don't mean 1/2 CUP of Splenda?! Maybe 1/2 tsp or tbsp? I'm assuming it will keep in the fridge for a few days?
The dressing I'm using was posted on Recipes by Soon2B and it is wonderful too.
2 tsp olive oil
Juice of 1/2 of a small lemon
1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
Stevia to taste (I used about a fourth of the packet)
Sea salt and pepper to taste
The only thing is I want to make a bigger batch so I'm not mixing it up at every meal. I just wasn't sure how the mix of oil and lemon would keep in the fridge.

kaarin 10-10-2010 11:43 AM

Good morning everyone!
Today I am looking forward to a fun and relaxing day. Just finished reading the paper and I'm enjoying my black coffee with splenda (I NEVER thought I'd drink black coffee!) while catching up on the posts.
For the rest of the day I think I'll drag out and dust off the Wii :D and try making those kale chips I've heard so much about. Looks like the sun is coming out, so I want to get in a nice walk as well. This afternoon is turkey dinner at big sister's house.
Yesterday I read Dr. Tran's book and it was really informative. It gives a good explanation of the ketosis process and gave me some ideas of how to plan for life after IP. That's still quite a long time away for me (I'm thinking February/March) but the way time flies, it's good to plan ahead! There are also some really good recipes (including videos on how to make) at his website. Check it out!

ladyvrod 10-10-2010 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petiteandcute (Post 3515486)
It is not really a recipe. The instructions to make a muffin are on the back of the chocolate pancake packet or at least they are printed on my packets. 1 packet makes 1 muffin.

okey dokey thanks next week I will get that packet and try it

JollyCrewzer 10-10-2010 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaarin (Post 3515750)
Sounds like a great recipe for dressing, but surely you don't mean 1/2 CUP of Splenda?! Maybe 1/2 tsp or tbsp? I'm assuming it will keep in the fridge for a few days?
The dressing I'm using was posted on Recipes by Soon2B and it is wonderful too.
2 tsp olive oil
Juice of 1/2 of a small lemon
1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
Stevia to taste (I used about a fourth of the packet)
Sea salt and pepper to taste
The only thing is I want to make a bigger batch so I'm not mixing it up at every meal. I just wasn't sure how the mix of oil and lemon would keep in the fridge.

Yes, it is 1/2 cup. I double checked. I only use 1-2 tsp of the dressing on a salad twice a day and it lasts all week. It reminds of the dressing on the Irish Salad or the Oriental Salad. Kind of a sweet and sour type dressing. I usually double the batch and keep it in the refrigerator. You have to remember to take it out a few minutes before serving or stir it real well to get the oil liquid again.

advocatemom 10-10-2010 01:47 PM

Just checking in to say thanks for posting all the great updates, NSV's and scale victories (and pant size victories LOL)!!

I've had a great IP week and weekend and am excited to say I saw the 180's this week!!! I'm on track for at least a 3 lb loss at my weigh in on Tuesday. So exciting!!

Next weekend I am going out of town and will doing some very strenuous workouts (rescue diver dives) and I am trying to plan what food I will take with me. I know that I will need extra protein and fat to get through the workouts and the cool water (yuck!!! I am definitely a Caribbean diver - not a lake diver).

I'm a little worried but I feel like I almost have a plan together and I'm excited that I will have extra exercise so that should help with the weight loss for next week also.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend & Happy Thanksgiving to our Canadian friends and happy 10.10.10 - I love these 'special' number days!!

darbs7 10-10-2010 01:49 PM

checking signature.

darbs7 10-10-2010 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by showgirlaz (Post 3515723)
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o...morning_13.gif

Just popping in to say a quick hello! I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

I spent yesterday shopping with a girl friend of mine. It was only the second time I have been shopping with anyone. It turns out she is the same size as I am now! That is weird because I don't see myself as her size. It was so strange to be passing clothes back and forth saying "these are the wrong cut for me, will they work for you?" LOL... it was a fun experience. Anyway, we both walked out with about 3 pair of pants and a few tops. I found a really cute fall dress with long sleeves. It is nice to be thin enough in the thighs that I can wear dresses and skirts again. I got to the point I avoided it because my thighs would rub so much they would hurt. :(

Today my plan is to take the dogs for a walk and time at the dog park. Then I need to evaluate my dad's property for any hail damage. So far we have all 4 cars hail damaged, the roof and 2 skylights. I have insurance adjustors coming this week for those things. I need to climb on top of the camper, toy hauler and, untarp the jetskis to see if anything happened to them. I didn't find any landscape damaged and the windows to the house all seem to be without cracks or chips.

I have lived in the desert here for 40 years, I don't think I have ever seen a hail storm like the one this week! The "balls" were as big as baseballs and had these crazy spikes coming off them. The winds were so horrible. We don't get tornados so, this is probably the worst of the winds I have ever seen (outside of a microburst and that is different).

After that, I get time with my nephews. My sister is moving into a new home and since they have enough people to help with the move, I offered to watch the kids. My food is all packed and I am ready to go! I think we might take some time at the railroad park here in town. They are having a special event with train rides, games and prizes, and facepainting. Not sure the boys care about face paint but, they love the rides!

Everyone have a fabulous sunday!

You are my total inspiration....we are the same height....I started at 245.6 and I want to get to 165 for my first goal...maybe 145 eventually. I started with a uncomfortable 18's...not tight...just uncomfortable. After 21.2 pounds they are falling off me...looking forward to raiding my bag of size 16s in my spare room. I know you have posted this over and over...but how long did it take you to get to where you are at? I really want to get there by the end of February. I plan on Never cheating...I am very motivated. Thanks

rosemary2612 10-10-2010 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I'm svelting! (Post 3515664)
Wow your clinic is lucky to have you as a customer/dieter! :yay: tedski :yay: Think of the aggravation you've saved other people who go there.

Drinking water Normally I get 64 oz of water in well before noon. This week my schedule has been a bit disrupted and I haven't been as faithful to routine of filling and emptying my water bottle. All day Thursday and Friday, and Saturday morning I was CRANKY :tantrum: On my 2-hour drive for Thanksgiving with family, I had 48 oz of water and lots of sunshine. I continued to drink water, probably another 48 oz, through the afternoon. By 7 pm I felt normal, the crankiness was gone.

Old-new rule for me: Drink water.

Thanks for this tip. I do have days that my schedule is thrown off and don't realize until late afternoon that I haven't drank enough water. Maybe this is why I get so irritable at some things.

biggirl86 10-10-2010 06:04 PM

Hello everyone just a quick motivation massage for all my IP friends, keep going, dont give up, you have the control of your body, if you fall get up and become stronger, never give up without reaching your goal, and remember once you reach the final you will become better than ever before.

Aunt Sheshie 10-10-2010 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggirl86 (Post 3516145)
Hello everyone just a quick motivation massage for all my IP friends, keep going, dont give up, you have the control of your body, if you fall get up and become stronger, never give up without reaching your goal, and remember once you reach the final you will become better than ever before.

Well said, biggirl86... in the same vein, I just added Rule #4 to my signature: You are in control of your behaviors, not the outcome, so focus on what you can change, & have faith that they will lead to the results you are after... courtesy of Caroline Radway, KettleBelleBody blog...

hugs :hug:

willbethin2011 10-10-2010 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggirl86 (Post 3516145)

thanks for the motivation! Weekends are hard for me as I don't have a set routine like during the work week. In the evenings I get rather bored and then I start thinking about food. Your words came at just the right time!

biggirl86 10-10-2010 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie (Post 3516173)
Well said, biggirl86... in the same vein, I just added Rule #4 to my signature: You are in control of your behaviors, not the outcome, so focus on what you can change, & have faith that they will lead to the results you are after... courtesy of Caroline Radway, KettleBelleBody blog...

hugs :hug:

I like the ones you have too, we all have to find ways to keep the motivation up, and to help eachothers with the diet, we are all in the same boat, we are all going through the same thing.

biggirl86 10-10-2010 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willbethin2011 (Post 3516174)
thanks for the motivation! Weekends are hard for me as I don't have a set routine like during the work week. In the evenings I get rather bored and then I start thinking about food. Your words came at just the right time!

I get the same way on weekends, as well as many other friends here. To me, weekends are full of temptations hard to avoid, like the movies without the popcorn, going clubbing without the drinks, celebrate a birthday without even taste the cake, going out to eat a salad while my hubby and kids are eating yummy food. I always try to manage these situations the best I can, by thinking about the final results, and how good my favorite clothes would look on me once I am done, and how bad I will feel about myself If I brake the rules, and the consequences of it. I've learn to have fun without including the food and alcohol. It is hard specially with the preasure of others like "friends" who dont understand the process of the diet. But just think positive and loggin if you feel like you are going to fall, there is a lot of inspiration here, you are losing very well in a fast amount of time, so think about it because you are the only one with the power to change your life, keep going!!!

mbswainer 10-10-2010 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggirl86 (Post 3516204)
I get the same way on weekends, as well as many other friends here. To me, weekends are full of temptations hard to avoid, like the movies without the popcorn, going clubbing without the drinks, celebrate a birthday without even taste the cake, going out to eat a salad while my hubby and kids are eating yummy food. I always try to manage these situations the best I can, by thinking about the final results, and how good my favorite clothes would look on me once I am done, and how bad I will feel about myself If I brake the rules, and the consequences of it. I've learn to have fun without including the food and alcohol. It is hard specially with the preasure of others like "friends" who dont understand the process of the diet. But just think positive and loggin if you feel like you are going to fall, there is a lot of inspiration here, you are losing very well in a fast amount of time, so think about it because you are the only one with the power to change your life, keep going!!!

Very well said, I totally agree!!:bravo:

dodomommy 10-10-2010 08:55 PM

pure protein vanilla creme shake

Hi all,
On our way home from PA we had to take a bathroom break and the first place we found was Trader Joes...of course kids wanted food so we perused the aisles and I found a ready made vanilla shake for $2...i grabbed one and will try it some time this week. it's similar to I.P 100 cal .5 fat 4 carbs 2 fiber 1 sugar 21 g protein
ingredients : water, protein blend(milk protein concentrate, calcium caseinate), cellulose gel, natural and artificial flavors (contain caramel color), tricalcium phosphate, dipotassium phosphate, soybean oil, cellulose gum, sucralose, salt, sodium citrate, carrageenan, acesulfame potassium

what do you all think?? or if any of you have used the product, what do you think?
Thank