3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   I P Weekend Chat, October 9-10, 2010 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/214394-i-p-weekend-chat-october-9-10-2010-a.html)

SallyM 10-09-2010 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaarin (Post 3514944)
I realized I can have a signature now, so had to try it out! :D

Hey Cie, don't be discouraged, 10 lbs in 3 weeks on any other diet would be AMAZING! You have less to lose than some (like me), so it probably would come off a little slower. But I bet if you stick with it you'll see one of those bigger weeks soon.

Now I REALLY have to go get my chores done!

HaHaHa Kaarin, I am supposed to be in the den paying bills and clearing all the junk mail off the desk, but here I am playing with my weight ticker!!! I need to get my chores done too before I'm driving kids to games, meets, etc!!

Have a good day!!:wave:

tle1103 10-09-2010 03:25 PM

Beautiful Day

It is a beautiful day in WV! I have went for a walk, done laundry, gave my dog a bath and worked on a paper. I love this time of the year!
Have a blessed weekend,
Tina Lou

ladyvrod 10-09-2010 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JollyCrewzer (Post 3514705)
I have been lurking around for 3 months now. I guess it's time to introduce myself! I have been on IP for 2 months and Love it! I found this forum, like so many others, trying to dig up reasons that I shouldn't spend the time or money on 'another diet that doesn't work'. Boy, was I shocked when all I found were positive things about IP and all of the wonderful inspiration on this site. Congrats to all of you on your weight losses and your great attitudes. Thank you so much for all of the wonderful tips!

According to my NWI, I am down 26 pounds in 9 weeks. I know this is great because I have gone from a size 16 to a size 10. Yeah!!! But, it is still frustrating that no one, who doesn't know that I have been dieting, has noticed, or at least said anything. The other frustrating thing is, my DH decided to eat like me and lose some weight. We have used alternative products for him and HIS version of the diet. (He still has beer or mixed drinks on the weekend, he can use any salad dressing he chooses, he can have peanuts or ice cream if he NEEDS it, he has to have meat with his lunch and on Fridays - he can have a breakfast burrito from some fast food place! ) This is the frustrating part - in 12 days he has lost 14 pounds!!!! My DD came home from college yesterday and says, "Dad, you've lost weight!" WTH????

I'm truly excited for both of us. We are going on another cruise in January and I hope we are both healthy and fit by then! I threw every picture of me from our last cruise away because of how terrible I looked. Looking forward to the next cruise pictures!

You are truly my IP friends, I know no one else doing IP! Keep on Posting, you guys are great!!

Isn't just the PITS!! Lose 14 pounds on ice cream and beer (a little exaggeration haha) AND for your DD to not notice. That is frustrating. Keep it up! You are doing great and there is no one better to do it for than YOURSELF!

navy mom 72 10-09-2010 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JollyCrewzer (Post 3514705)
I have been lurking around for 3 months now. I guess it's time to introduce myself! I have been on IP for 2 months and Love it! I found this forum, like so many others, trying to dig up reasons that I shouldn't spend the time or money on 'another diet that doesn't work'. Boy, was I shocked when all I found were positive things about IP and all of the wonderful inspiration on this site. Congrats to all of you on your weight losses and your great attitudes. Thank you so much for all of the wonderful tips!

According to my NWI, I am down 26 pounds in 9 weeks. I know this is great because I have gone from a size 16 to a size 10. Yeah!!! But, it is still frustrating that no one, who doesn't know that I have been dieting, has noticed, or at least said anything. The other frustrating thing is, my DH decided to eat like me and lose some weight. We have used alternative products for him and HIS version of the diet. (He still has beer or mixed drinks on the weekend, he can use any salad dressing he chooses, he can have peanuts or ice cream if he NEEDS it, he has to have meat with his lunch and on Fridays - he can have a breakfast burrito from some fast food place! ) This is the frustrating part - in 12 days he has lost 14 pounds!!!! My DD came home from college yesterday and says, "Dad, you've lost weight!" WTH????

I'm truly excited for both of us. We are going on another cruise in January and I hope we are both healthy and fit by then! I threw every picture of me from our last cruise away because of how terrible I looked. Looking forward to the next cruise pictures!

You are truly my IP friends, I know no one else doing IP! Keep on Posting, you guys are great!!

Hi, welcome to the gang! How wonderful that you are incorporating your hubby into this new way of eating. My husband also has foregone rice, potatoes and bread with dinner and is eating protein and veggies with me instead.

I am a cruise lover myself and am going on one next weekend for 7 days. I'm taking all my IP foods and though I've heard "What? You are going on a cruise and staying of diet? Bringing your food??!!", it doesn't deter me or move me a bit from my eating plan. I've emailed the cruise line already and told them "I'm allergic to dairy and carrots". So they will prepare my food separate from everyone elses. I plan to do my shake or egg white omelet w/ veggies in the a.m, try to do my best eating only veggies and IP shake for lunch (But I won't beat myself up if I ending up eating a small amount of chicken/meat also for lunch), and for dinner chicken/meat/fish and steamed veggies - plain (remember, I'm allergic to butter - LOL). I might take my pudding for dessert or just have some coffee with my IP boxed vanilla shake.

I'll let you know how I do. Last WI I'm down 15 lbs. Next weigh in is Monday. I am SOOOOO excited with my results, my motivation factor is HIGH to do well.

I LOVE IP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :carrot:

ginBAM 10-09-2010 04:32 PM

I hope everyone is having a good weekend and staying on Protocol. My weekend is going good, I have friends coming in who are going to drink my alcohol so it is not a temptation. :)

BevS 10-09-2010 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mama2three (Post 3514992)
Had my WI on Tuesday. Down 4 more pounds. Only 35 to go. I keep changing my goal, lower and lower. Anyone know what a healthy weight is? How do you determine what's healthy?

A normal body BMI (body mass index) for your height of 5'4" is anywhere between 18.5 (108 lbs.) and 24.9 (145 lbs.). So you could pick a weight in between 108 and 145 where you believe you feel and look your best and shoot for that weight. Check out this site: http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/

tcswain 10-09-2010 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbswainer (Post 3514869)
Good Morning!! CC you are definitely in my thoughts and prayers! That is so much to deal with at once. To all Canadian IPers Happy Thanksgiving!!

I woke up to a cloudy, wet October morning in Montana. While beautiful sum what depressing! I love the sun. On the other hand I had a major break through this morning when I got on the scale. I finally hit the 130's, first I thanked God and then I teared up. I never thought I would see this day. My first goal when I signed up was 150, my coach said oh 145. When I got to 145 I thought why not 140 or 135. Well here I come 135. LOOK OUT. I am supposed to start phase 3 right now because I am going on island vacation in 2 weeks but I really want to get to my goal. Does anybody know if you can do phase 3 just like 10 days instead of 2 full weeks? I certainly don't want to screw up the resetting of the pancreas after all of this. Again Happy Thanksgiving and to all US friends Happy Weekend.:carrot::)

A big congratulations to my Special Sister-In-Law :bravo: -- you are doing great :hug:

wuc1013 10-09-2010 07:38 PM

:thanks1:
Hope you all have a wonderful IP Thanksgiving!

Thanks for the info on the black soy beans. I live about 1 1/2 hours from any major stores so I guess I will look for them next time I travel.

CC - prayers going up for you!

Hope everyone has a successful weekend!

Congrats to all on your losses! Those who are struggling...(like me) keep up the good work! We will get there if we don't give up the fight.

Going to eat some delicious roasted veggies :D

wen

tcswain 10-09-2010 07:42 PM

Had my second WI today -- lost 5.2 lbs this week :dance: Total Weight Loss in two weeks is 10.8 lbs :dancer: Needless to say, I am thrilled about that. Bad part: I seem to be retaining water -- Does anybody have any ideas that might help that?? :joker:

Journeysend 10-09-2010 08:22 PM

IP Friendly Cabbage Rolls!

Well got my IP friendly cabbage roll casserole and broccoli salad made for our Thanksgiving feast tomorrow. Just have to clean the cauliflower for the "Almost Deep Fried Cauliflower", peel the turnips and potatoes. Going to deep fry the turkey, 1st time for that...Yikes how it turns out OK!!
I am posting the recipe for the cabbage roll casserole on the recipe thread.
Have a great evening.

ladyvrod 10-09-2010 08:25 PM

Peeing!

Day 4 underway. So far so AWESOME :carrot:
I am FINALLY peeing. I have managed to get 3 liters of water in everyday so far but I have not been peeing much more than normal. Have not had any side effects YAY.

willbethin2011 10-09-2010 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladyvrod (Post 3515236)
Day 4 underway. So far so AWESOME :carrot:
I am FINALLY peeing. I have managed to get 3 liters of water in everyday so far but I have not been peeing much more than normal. Have not had any side effects YAY.

Be careful what you hope for...now you will be getting up 4 times a night to pee! Lol

Linden 10-09-2010 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcswain (Post 3515206)
Had my second WI today -- lost 5.2 lbs this week :dance: Total Weight Loss in two weeks is 10.8 lbs :dancer: Needless to say, I am thrilled about that. Bad part: I seem to be retaining water -- Does anybody have any ideas that might help that?? :joker:

Are you drinking enough water? Sound counterintuitive? Not really. I'm your height and drink about 110 ounces a day.

Mushrooms, asparagus, green tea and apple cider vinegar are natural diuretics.

Soon 2 B MrsT 10-09-2010 09:20 PM

MAAAAAAJOR NSV(s) to report:

Ladies and gentlemen....
I bought a pair of size 8 jeans yesterday. Yes. That would be a single digit size. I honestly canNOT remember the last time I was in the single digit sizes. Best part is, the sales lady had to talk me into trying a size 8. I had picked out a pair of 10s and the waist band gapped really bad in the back. She came by my dressing room to ask how I was so I just asked her if this cut of jeans was supposed to gap in the back. She said no, that I needed a smaller size. An 8. I had her repeat herself 2x because I wanted to make sure I heard her correctly. She just laughed about it.

I went and had my first fitting with the new wedding dress today. :) They are having to take in 2 inches off of my hips and an inch off of my waist. I'll gladly take that. Gladly.

Now on to my 2 hour "break" from IP.
We had our cake testing this afternoon. I only allowed myself one fork of each flavor. That plan worked out really well. I know it'll set me back just a smidge, but I'm not too worried about it. I don't really think I ate enough to make me plateau again. My coach told me to be extremely strict the rest of the weekend and I should be fine. I'm going to take the boot camp approach till at least Tuesday.

rosemary2612 10-09-2010 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pegsi (Post 3514890)
You and I are the same I think! We carried our weight well and wore appropriate clothes for our "lumpy" bodies I have lost the same weight and I rarely get any comments. But the biggest thing is I notice! I can see it! I can feel it! And one day everyone else will too! I think when I hit the 140s people will start with the OMGs and all that until then its all about me! Don't get discouraged and don't throw out any more old pics because your going to want to remember how you looked and felt when you were fat so that you never let yourself get that way again.

Well its back to the kitchen for my I am prepping major amounts of food for a huge thanksgiving feast! HAPPY THANKSGIVING MY FELLOW CANADIANS!

I have a little chuckle to share about the same thing. I work with Develpmentally Disabled Adults and I was off work all summer because of a surgery that I had on my neck. I was on IP for several weeks before I left and had lost 31 pounds, but no one noticed. I stayed faithful to IP protocol while I was off and lost a total of 72 pounds by the time I went back to work. I was excited because I just new that the individuals that I work with would be so excited for me. I am walking in and all pumped up with expectations and someone stopped me (a client) :Dand welcomed me back and looked me up and down (I was sure she was going to compliment me) and she said, "You look wonderful, you cut all of your hair off didn't you." I guess there are some people that really do see us for what we are inside.