Old 10-23-2010, 05:11 AM   #1  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Default Almost 6 weeks in and a couple of questions

Hey everyone. I love this forumn and have read read read. I feel like I have seen some of these topics but can't find them. So I love this diet and feel great, but I have some questions.

1. Does anyone purchase cheaper supplements? I plan on purchasing the three basics (Pot, cal/mag, and multi) with my coach, but want to purchase the Omega and anti-oxy at the drug store (8.99 compared to 24).

2. Does anyone think that 1 cup of brocolli at week and 1 cup of cauliflower a week and 1/4 to a 1/2 cup of mushrooms a few times a week is too much? I only lost 1.5 pounds officially at weigh-in this week (but am down 26 pounds total for 5 weeks). I just thought it was body adjusting and the big C, but coach said cut out those three veggies, I had the least of those three the past week and have had much more other weeks. She took about 30 seconds to look at journal.

3. Salsa is a no-no right? I saw someone post a recipe with it and I thought it was a no-no, but I thought I would ask......I haven't touched it.

4. How do I change my weight loss slide on the bottom of my signature to reflect my increase in weight loss?

Thanks ahead of time. Happy day
darbs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 07:12 AM   #2  

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
1. Does anyone purchase cheaper supplements?

2. Does anyone think that 1 cup of brocolli at week and 1 cup of cauliflower a week and 1/4 to a 1/2 cup of mushrooms a few times a week is too much?

3. Salsa is a no-no right?

4. How do I change my weight loss slide on the bottom of my signature to reflect my increase in weight loss?
Supplements: Yes; I'm in Canada so the brands I buy aren't available in the U.S. so naming them won't help. Take your empty bottles with you or check out Ideal-to-go to see what the key components are.
Broccoli, caulflower and mushrooms: I never had a problem. However, every one's different. Try it and see what happens.
Salsa: don't know for sure, but the tomato would probably count as one of your "occasional" vegetables
Ticker: (Y'all had to know I was going to jump in to answer this one. )
  • For weight trackers, all you do is edit your Starting/Current/Goal weights
    in your profile.
  • For pounds lost trackers like yours you have to edit the code. ... Fear not, it's fairly simple.
  1. Go to your User Control Panel, (User CP) and into the "Edit Signature" page.
  2. Look at the actual gobbledy-gook text that makes up your signature. At the end of it, you'll see something that looks like this: /0/22/54/.png[/img][/url] The middle # is your current lbs lost
  3. Change the "22" to your current number
  4. Click "Preview signature."
  5. If it's ok, click "Save signature."
I'm svelting! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 08:19 AM   #3  
Lorrie

S/C/G: 280/191/200

Height: 5' 8"

Hey GTA --- nice to meet a fellow Canadian.

I too am looking for the weight-loss counter ... how do I get it?
JonathanandZeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 12:23 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanandZeus View Post
Hey GTA --- nice to meet a fellow Canadian.

I too am looking for the weight-loss counter ... how do I get it?
I don't have time right now to do a full link etc. right here.
There's a link on the first page (usually the first post) of every chat thread, daily or weekend in the blue text. The chat thread is also a great place to post questions. hint, hint. ;
I'm svelting! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 02:50 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 208.8/186.8/128

Height: 5'3"

Default broccoli and cauliflower

I eat broccoli and cauliflower almost every day - about 2 cups or broccoli and 1 cup of cauliflower. I'm down 21 pounds after about 5 1/2 weeks. Darbs, I'd like to hear/read why the coach thinks these should be restricted (and mushrooms).
mtrchristian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 03:19 PM   #6  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtrchristian View Post
I eat broccoli and cauliflower almost every day - about 2 cups or broccoli and 1 cup of cauliflower. I'm down 21 pounds after about 5 1/2 weeks. Darbs, I'd like to hear/read why the coach thinks these should be restricted (and mushrooms).
She says it is because they are higher carb veggies....I had been eating them alot too and last week I didn't eat many...I think she was just looking for something....I am down 27 pound in 5 1/2 weeks...good enough...I will do what I think works. Enjoy your cauliflower and brocolli
darbs7 is offline   Reply With Quote