Old 09-10-2010, 09:37 PM   #1  
here I am again :(

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/135

Height: 5'5

Question questions to the experts!!

hi everyone, I lost 7 pounds in a week, and feel very happy with my results so far. my question is, does the diet really prevents saggin skin, or it doesn't because I am worry about that but I want to heard that form the experienced ones, people who have lost more than 20 pounds. Tanx.

Last edited by biggirl86; 09-10-2010 at 09:47 PM.
biggirl86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:10 PM   #2  

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggirl86 View Post
hi everyone, I lost 7 pounds in a week, and feel very happy with my results so far. my question is, does the diet really prevents saggin skin, or it doesn't because I am worry about that but I want to heard that form the experienced ones, people who have lost more than 20 pounds. Tanx.
Hey love, thanks for posting again. Sorry your question didn't get answered before when you posted in the FAQ thread. Let me do a little google-magic and see what I can find for you.

Edit: I can't find the specific information I was looking for. I can tell you that I've lost 40+ lbs since late June. The first person to notice that I'd lost weight noticed my arms were slimmer (not saggier). I've lost lots of inches, crazy amounts off my thighs, waist and midriff. Five inches off each thigh by now, I think. It's quite surprising to me, because I'm in my late 40s and I have no loose sagging skin from dropping the weight this quickly. Hope that helps.

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 09-10-2010 at 10:24 PM.
I'm svelting! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:51 PM   #3  

Hello I'm svelting, first of all i would like to thank you for your replay, I was desperate to find someone who could answer that question for me. And as a matter of fact the arms are my main concern along with the legs, because tha's where saggin skin happens the most, now did you exersise to prevent sagging skin?
Old 09-10-2010, 11:12 PM   #4  

Quote:
The arms are my main concern along with the legs, because that's where sagging skin happens the most, now did you exercise to prevent sagging skin?
Nope, not more than my usual life requires. I walk about 10 minutes to and from a commuter transit station and my workplace has a lot of stairs. The fastest way to get to any meeting always requires stairs, occasionally 4 flights between meetings. Sometimes I get out for a walk in the evening or at lunch. That's it. I've still got a ways to go to get to goal.

There has been some discussion about the Blueberry Cranberry Pomegranate Drink and the Raspberry Jelly (jello) which contain collagen. Some members have said that because of the collagen in them, these packets will minimize any sagging skin issues.

An important thing to remember about this diet is that what works for someone else might not work for you. So even though I haven't had a regular habit of what most would consider exercise and have no sagging skin, that doesn't mean that will happen for you. As they say in the car adverts, your mileage may vary. (YMMV)

Although there is a Phase 1 program, most people have to play with it a little to find out what works best for them. Exercise, no exercise; 1 restricted item/day or none ever; "occasional vegetables" or none; timing of meals and the snack; 3 packets or 4 or 5?. That's why writing down what you eat and do for exercise is important. You, your coach, or people on this board can identify what might be causing you to stall, if that ever happens.

Come join us on the daily chat threads! More people are likely to see and answer your question.

Good Luck!
I'm svelting! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 01:39 AM   #5  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Hey there!

You are actually starting with less to lose than me and ending before I intend to. We are also the same height. I am 42 if that matters.

I've lost just in the 90 pound window so far with about 30 to 35 left to go.

I will first mention some key areas I have seen change. I have lost 8 inches off my arms and 9 inches off each thigh. I have lost 16 inches off my waist and 14inches off my hips. I have also lost 3 inches off my neck. I have dropped 8 inches off my chest.

NONE of these areas are saggy. It is one of the things I get the most surprised comments about, "you lost how much?? NO way! It doesn't show, your skin is tight. Do you have any lose/saggy areas??" NOPE. And, it keeps tightening.

Granted, genetics may have something to do with it for each of us but, given as over weight as I was, I sure expected more and am delighted not to have it.
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 10:36 PM   #6  

HI...

First of all congratulations to both of u for your weigh loss. ID is not an easy challenge, and not everyone can drop as many weigh as you did in this amount of time and make with out looking back at the old habits. Now about the saggin skin I fel much better about that since that area was a main concern about quick weigh loss.

tank you!!!
Old 09-11-2010, 11:42 PM   #7  
Started IP 07/22/2010

S/C/G: 257.4/205.8/175

Height: 5'7"

Does anyone know how to calculate your overall inches lost?
Tminus80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 01:07 AM   #8  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tminus80 View Post
Does anyone know how to calculate your overall inches lost?
I am not sure I understand the question. Are you asking which areas are commonly measured? It varies a bit by coach.

My coach measured:
Neck
Chest at center of bust line
At the belly button (belly)
At the top of hip bones (waist)
At the pubic bone (hips)

And these but on ONE side only:
Bicep
Thigh
Calf

He added all of the inches together to get a total inch value.

Next, Each week, he compared the difference lost at each point and totaled up the complete number of inches lost each week. That was added to the week that followed and so on. It began a running total of inches lost.

I kept track of these for personal reasons and don't add them in my inches lost total:

shoulders
ribs
wrist
ankle
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 05:34 PM   #9  
Started IP 07/22/2010

S/C/G: 257.4/205.8/175

Height: 5'7"

Thanks Carla! That is what I was looking for. My coach also measure me at the spots your does and she had done the calculation once and I was having a hard time getting back to her number. The method you are using makes sense. I will have to ask her how she did her math when I go in for my next WI on Thurs. Tonya
Tminus80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 06:44 PM   #10  

hey girls:

Each day I learn more and more and I can honestly say that I am dissapointed in the way in which many coaches do their job with IP and the people. My coach dont measures me plus she owe me $7 she is the worst ever but the only one in my area who does IP UGH!

Last edited by biggirl86; 09-12-2010 at 06:45 PM.