Old 08-11-2010, 08:10 AM   #1  
Sandra

S/C/G: 210/168/145

Height: 5'7"

Default IP Alternative Methods

I am doing IP but without the IP foods or clinic. I was planning on doing IP but was concerned about being able to tolerate some of the products because of gluten and artificial sweeteners.

I know that there are others on this forum that also either don't use the IP products or use alternate products and foods to achieve the same weight loss. I would be interested in knowing how you manage your meals.

I usually either eat two eggs, sometimes with veggies in an omelet or smoked salmon for breakfast.
My lunches and dinners usually have the veggies, sautéed or steamed and lean protein (fish, chicken, turkey, beef etc.). I also eat lots of salads.
I do drink one or two EAS shakes each day to supplement the amount of protein. I read the e-book and calculated I needed 60 to 70 grams of protein per day.

so far it seems to be working OK. I would like to hear from others doing similal plans and anyone with suggestions for improvements. Thanks!
CheeseCake4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 09:33 AM   #2  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 163.4/143.8/140

Height: 5'8

I know there are a lot of IP packets that are gluten free, but you'd have to read the ingredients very carefully on the non IP stuff. Finding ones without artificial sweeteners is going to be tough honestly, and if you get unsweetened pp you need to add SOMETHING because they are yuck (I actually use unflavoured unsweetened pp to make a big pancake with spices!). I know others who have problems with artificial sweeteners only have problems with SOME of them. Stevia is the most popular and is IP approved.

I personally found alternative shakes and drinks, as you need complete proteins for 2 meals and 1 snack. Then you can have your "meat" protein at dinner. 2 eggs is a sub for 1 packet I believe as well, but I count that as a "meat" protein at dinner. Also be sure to check out the ounces that you are allowed.

I aim for 100g of protein a day minimum. I lose best with this much. At 60-70 I wasn't losing much. Same with carbs. Everyone has different limits. I lose best and am in ketosis at 25g total carbs, when I go over I am knocked out of ketosis. IP is about total carbs and there are a lot of posts about that.
xanthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 09:36 AM   #3  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Height: 5'4"

There are a lot of idea here:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html

Also, check out "Our food JOURNAL" there are several of us doing it, and we post our food there.

Good luck to you!
Kelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 03:18 PM   #4  
Sandra

S/C/G: 210/168/145

Height: 5'7"

Thanks for the info. I do use stevia to make my lemonade and to sweeten anything I want sweeter. I have noticed that since I started this program I rarely crave sweet things anymore and the shakes are sweet anyway. I have been having one or two of the EAS protein shakes per day. one is no problem but sometimes I start to get stomach cramps after a second one, probably from the suralose content. does anyone know how much sucralose is actually in them?
I would like to try increasing my protein level but don't know how I can do that without additional fat or carbs.
I have been working on this plan since the beginning of July but went off for a few days when my son got married. I am down a total of 27 lbs as of today sso my weight loss has been very encouraging.
CheeseCake4me is offline   Reply With Quote