Old 09-11-2010, 01:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeysend View Post
Has any heard how CalgaryGirl is doing? I have been thinking about her lots
the last while.
She may be lurking. I am not sure.

She is staying in touch with many of us who are on facebook together. She and her family are still adjusting and grieving as is expected. You can see from her facebook page posts they have a fabulously strong circle of support. They did take some time away, as a family, to refocus and appreciate the beauty of life that still surrounds them.

I know her last post to someone in this group was to Roz.

That is as much as I know, I hope that give a bit of helpful information. Maybe someone else can share more

Carla
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 05:12 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Thanks Carla.
Journeysend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 07:53 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 148/111.5/115

Height: 5'4"

I think about her a lot, too. She had just lost her baby when I joined; I will never forget that darling picture of him in his cowboy pajamas. She struck me as a woman of enormous courage and grace in the few posts of hers I read. My heart and my prayers are with her and her family.
Midlife Meggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 08:36 PM   #5  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Always thinking of her but especially today when we found out that a co-worker friend of my husband is also losing her newborn...due to medical negligence in my opinion. They are just waiting for the rest of the family to show up to removing from the breathing machine he has had to be on. I can't even begin to imagine what that must be like... have cried so much all day and I never even saw the little one. Truly a shame. So to ALL OF YOU who are or may be pregnant... when you feel something is not right or if you go into labor DON'T JUST CALL THE DOCTOR but go into the emergency room right away... I would rather have you waiting around a hospital for hours on end until you deliver than have this happen to you...

She was scheduled for a C-section this past Thursday (breech baby) and goes into labor on Saturday...lovely Holiday weekend so MY GUESS is the Doctor did not want to give up his BBQ and BOOZE and told them to wait it out (knowing of the complications of the pregnancy) Her contractions were 3 minutes apart already! (and first baby) Water broke an hour later and they had to be instructed by paramedics on trying to deliver the baby at home while they arrived (in the tub) ...One of the dangers of breech babies is that the head will have issues going through the birthing canal after the body (we contract involuntarily) and it can squeeze... as well as the umbilical cord.... baby was without oxygen for almost 20 minutes because of this... He has not been able to breathe without the help of a machine and has brain damage due to it.... and now it is on the parents to decide to take him off the machine...geez THANKS DOC!

Maybe it was going to happen either way but at least to know you did all you could! Stupid lazy bum Doctor... don't chose a career in which other people's lives depend on you if you won't come through!

Sorry all... VERY upset.

Last edited by deinekatze; 09-11-2010 at 08:37 PM.
deinekatze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 08:57 PM   #6  

How very sad..I can't even begin to imagine how that would feel.
Old 09-11-2010, 09:00 PM   #7  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

thanks... I just don't think it's fair for babies to have to go through stuff like that... I was in shock and hurt because of Calgarygirl's baby so much too...ugh!
deinekatze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 12:06 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 184/145/135

Height: 5"5

Hi guys

Thank you all so much for the support you have sent my way. Between the cards, and donations to Stars, you have floored me with your kindness. You truly are a virtual tribe.
The past two months have been a struggle for sure. I have put back on 2lbs, and have had difficulty sticking to protocol. I keep trying to tell myself to focus and just get it done, but motivation can be difficult these days.
We are still regrouping as a family, and heading out for one last trip before my husband has to go back to work. This time we are driving down to Alabama for a few weeks.( yup driving it from Alberta, Canada) My brother and his family are there, and there are many states I have never seen on the way. It should be good.
I have absolutely been lurking. I just haven't been sure where to jump in, as there are so many new folks. That is a great thing of course, as IP in my opinion is a life changing experience.
Again, I want to thank the many of you who have been so generous in your donations to the Star Air Ambulance program. We received a call from them (they usually only send the names of the folks via mail). They have received over $12,000.00 in donations in Michaels name. Shocking. It has been the largest response they have ever had in tribute. It is incredible to know that even if I only had my beautiful, naughty boy for 2 years, his memory will leave more than the unending love in hearts of those who knew him.

Your notes and messages mean so much, and I thank you again for each one. I will be looking forward to seeing all of your successes and cheering you all on with each victory.

Love you guys
Sam
Calgarygirlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 12:25 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 192.8/155.0/148

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarygirlie View Post
Hi guys

Thank you all so much for the support you have sent my way. Between the cards, and donations to Stars, you have floored me with your kindness. You truly are a virtual tribe.
The past two months have been a struggle for sure. I have put back on 2lbs, and have had difficulty sticking to protocol. I keep trying to tell myself to focus and just get it done, but motivation can be difficult these days.
We are still regrouping as a family, and heading out for one last trip before my husband has to go back to work. This time we are driving down to Alabama for a few weeks.( yup driving it from Alberta, Canada) My brother and his family are there, and there are many states I have never seen on the way. It should be good.
I have absolutely been lurking. I just haven't been sure where to jump in, as there are so many new folks. That is a great thing of course, as IP in my opinion is a life changing experience.
Again, I want to thank the many of you who have been so generous in your donations to the Star Air Ambulance program. We received a call from them (they usually only send the names of the folks via mail). They have received over $12,000.00 in donations in Michaels name. Shocking. It has been the largest response they have ever had in tribute. It is incredible to know that even if I only had my beautiful, naughty boy for 2 years, his memory will leave more than the unending love in hearts of those who knew him.

Your notes and messages mean so much, and I thank you again for each one. I will be looking forward to seeing all of your successes and cheering you all on with each victory.

Love you guys
Sam
So nice to hear from you! You are in our continued thoughts and prayers. Your virtual tribe is, and will always be here for you!!
Stacey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 12:43 PM   #10  

Quote:
Hi guys

Love you guys
Sam
Sam...I have been thinking of you and your family so often. You are in my prayers.
Gaile
Old 09-19-2010, 04:21 PM   #11  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Love you guys
Sam
Ditto, my dear friend I think of you often.

Be safe on your travels. And give my regards to Alabama... I spent six months on detail in Huntsville early on in my NASA career. Had a great time.
Novak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 10:37 PM   #12  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Sam,

It is so good to see you here. Just jump in wherever, whenever you can!

You are so loved and missed by many of us. Thanks for continuing to lurk and keep track of how we are and our successes.

I would say you are having a major success to go through such a stressful, life changing time and to essentially be maintaining your loses! Way to go!! Keep it up!
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 11:49 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 241/173/150

Height: 5'5

Thank you for popping in and posting an update. I think of you often and continue to keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.
yelliemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 01:51 AM   #14  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Hi, Sam,

I posted my welcome on the picture progress site before I saw your post here. Either place, it was so good to see you back, if only briefly. Come again, pretty please?

Last edited by Linden; 09-20-2010 at 01:51 AM.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 01:36 PM   #15  

Hi Sam,

So good to hear from you! You and your family are often in my thoughts and prayers. Thanks for checking in and letting us know how you're doing. That is fantastic news about the amount of donations that have been made to STARS - what a beautiful legacy to have created in your son's name. Enjoy your trip and drive safe. Come back and visit when you can!

Christina
Sweetstina is offline   Reply With Quote