Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 01:44 PM   #121  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcw32 View Post
I'm concerned and a little anxious about doing this program during the winter. Maybe Lady5andy or Sweetstina know people who have done IP during a northern winter. Winters where I am aren't as cold as Ottawa and Québec, but if I have cold hands and feet now, what's it going to be like when the outside temp is well below freezing and arctic winds are blustering?
I hear you...I'm freezing all the time and Ottawa has had record high temps since I started IP in May!! I think it's a combination of the weight loss and being so well hydrated...I hardly sweat anymore. For me the solution will be LAYERS!! I'd rather double up the clothing than the fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
i have finally done like ellie has told me and we're joining the ymca on august 13th!!! cannot wait! been avoiding this because i hate the idea of leaving my kids with strangers but my best friend is going to sign her and her hubby up too and my kids will have her kiddos there for support if they're feeling sad without mommy and daddy!! i am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited, yoga classes and stair stepper here i come!
That is great that your whole family is getting involved, as well as friends. I would like to find an activity that my hubby and I could do with our 5-year-old son but they are both competitive sports nuts and I'm really not competitive at all. For the past year and a half I've been taking Zumba classes twice a week and I've really enjoyed it. Unfortunately we lost our excellent instructor last session and she really is irreplaceable. I'll probably be looking for something new this fall. Maybe I'll check out the local Y too for ideas...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyputty View Post
What sugar substitute are you using and like? Stevia, equal, sugar twin, splenda?
I prefer Stevia since it's natural and really sweet so you can use less.

RockyMonarch - Sorry to hear that you're not feeling good. It really freaked me out feeling like that over the weekend, so I sympathize. Hoping you feel better soon.

Xanthia - Thanks for the lowsugar-recipes.com Web site. There are some really great ideas on there. As I'm approaching my goal and will be transitioning to Phase 2 and beyond soon, I've been looking for new foods to experiment with.

Eli - Thanks so much for all the exercise tips! You're awesome!

Carla, Novak, WannabeIP, BevS - Thank you for all your advice...we are so lucky to have such knowledgeable and thoughtful people here helping us out! You obviously all put alot of time into your posts and I just wanted you to know that it does not go unnoticed and is much appreciated!
Old 08-02-2010, 01:56 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
i have finally done like ellie has told me and we're joining the ymca on august 13th!!! cannot wait! been avoiding this because i hate the idea of leaving my kids with strangers but my best friend is going to sign her and her hubby up too and my kids will have her kiddos there for support if they're feeling sad without mommy and daddy!! i am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited, yoga classes and stair stepper here i come!
yay! you'll love it!
Old 08-02-2010, 02:50 PM   #123  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
Jeez, coach... stop slapping yourself around!

I doubt anyone has a better or more dedicated health and weight loss resource than we have in you!
thanks!
Quote:
What sugar substitute are you using and like? Stevia, equal, sugar twin, splenda?
I use Stevia about 85% of the time. I do use splenda here and there. Occasionally, I have a something that has aspartame or saccharin. I try to avoid them but have bought an "all zero" food item and find it has one or the other in it. My preference is the stevia and I am trying to get more and more of that when I want added sweetness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetstina View Post
I hear you...I'm freezing all the time and Ottawa has had record high temps since I started IP in May!!

Carla, Novak, WannabeIP, BevS - Thank you for all your advice...we are so lucky to have such knowledgeable and thoughtful people here helping us out! You obviously all put alot of time into your posts and I just wanted you to know that it does not go unnoticed and is much appreciated!
Anytime! It really is a help for me too.
Old 08-02-2010, 02:52 PM   #124  
Started IP August 1, 2010

S/C/G: 290/246/120

Height: 5'3"

On Day 2.... I am soooo tired!! I can feel the weight leaving but why am I so tired! Not a good thing when I'm at work, feeling a bit light headed and slightly headachey but I'm Ok. Can't wait for day 4 to be over, hopefully I'll feel better then.
Old 08-02-2010, 03:05 PM   #125  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
I just checked out the nutrition of their pudding/shakes.. each has 100 calories, 14 protein and 7 carbs Each!

The IP puddings are 3 carbs and shakes 7 carbs.. Being Carb sensitive here I need the 3 only carb puddings!! But thx for posting that info!!!!
WyoSun and I are ONLY referring to the 6-packs of premade shakes, which ARE the same as IP. The vanilla are 3 carbs, the mocha and chocolate are 4 carbs. I have compared all the nutritional elements and ingredients, and the packaging used to be exactly the same.

Really.
Old 08-02-2010, 03:18 PM   #126  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Quote:
Thank you... that's very kind of you to say. I think we're all trying to maximize everyone's chances of success... for me, it was life-changing, and I truly want everyone here to have a similar experience.
Old 08-02-2010, 03:36 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 238/154/150

Height: 5'7" Started IP 07/19/2010

WI #2 today...down 4lbs for a total of 15.5! I am amazed by this program and the support network that has developed on this forum. I've been saying for a long time that I hate to go shopping but I think it was because nothing fit right. I'm getting the itch to go shopping!
Old 08-02-2010, 03:44 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 149/123/110

Height: 4'11"

Hey everyone,

I'm Paula, I just joined this forum and I'm doing Ideal Protein

I'm on week 5 (my weigh in is on Wednesday!) and I've lost about 17 lbs, down to 132. I can't wait to start chatting with my fellow IPers, seeing as I don't know anyone else doing it!

Have a healthy week everyone
Old 08-02-2010, 03:49 PM   #129  
Started IP August 1, 2010

S/C/G: 290/246/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilblackdress View Post
WI #2 today...down 4lbs for a total of 15.5! I am amazed by this program and the support network that has developed on this forum. I've been saying for a long time that I hate to go shopping but I think it was because nothing fit right. I'm getting the itch to go shopping!
Wow! That's a great weight loss, congratulations! Hope I can pull those kind of numbers!! I know what you mean about shopping.... can't wait till I'm little Miss Twiggy... then I'll go shopping too

Love this thread!! There is so much activity and you guys are Fantastic!!!! Great bunch.... so glad I found you
Old 08-02-2010, 04:12 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
Someone was talking about that "chicken wings" arms (as I call it) otherwise known ans the wiggly arm thing... I thought I'd share these with you all

http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/worko...ail=2262519902

Will also post in the exercise Thread for future reference
Thanks for these!

Quote:
I like the taste of splenda, but I also use stevia. Some may may be sensitive to its slightly bitter taste though (along with the sweet).

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonnag View Post
I have been trying to determine the Splenda/Aspartame situation. I REALLY have to make myself drink water, and I like to use the flavored packets to mix with my protein drinks and puddings to make them yummy. I've seen a few bad things posted about aspartame. Please explain what it does and why it would be bad, or how much we should restrict it to. The people at our clinic don't seem to think there's a problem with using them, but you guys that are out there and have been doing this awhile probably know best. Thanks for your advice!

I'm down to a size 12 capris today and feelin' great! I was pushing out of 16's (had really bad muffin tops). No longer! Michael (DH) has lost 30.8 lbs on IP in 6 weeks. He has lost 48.5 inches total! He looks AWESOME! Was in a 44 pants...now in a 38. He's just melting away (haha).
I used to use a lot of aspartame, until I found out it was causing my migraines--every time I used it! It was in my Crystal Light and my low-fat yogurt. You might find this article interesting: http://www.wnho.net/emerging_aspartame_facts.htm

Quote:
Thanks for your kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petclerk View Post
On Day 2.... I am soooo tired!! I can feel the weight leaving but why am I so tired! Not a good thing when I'm at work, feeling a bit light headed and slightly headachey but I'm Ok. Can't wait for day 4 to be over, hopefully I'll feel better then.
You're so tired because you're starving your body until you reach ketosis. That's a really good reason not to cheat with too many carbs. You'll go out of ketosis and be starving again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psully View Post
Hey everyone,

I'm on week 5 (my weigh in is on Wednesday!) and I've lost about 17 lbs, down to 132. I can't wait to start chatting with my fellow IPers, seeing as I don't know anyone else doing it!

Welcome, Paula, you're doing great!
Old 08-02-2010, 04:17 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

BevS: when if ever did you gain the 3-5 pounds back?
Old 08-02-2010, 04:23 PM   #132  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

S/C/G: 192.5/158/125

Quote:
Thank you... that's very kind of you to say. I think we're all trying to maximize everyone's chances of success... for me, it was life-changing, and I truly want everyone here to have a similar experience.
Everyone here helps keep me in line moreso than I feel I contribute but I do try, I mean come on who wants to have Novak yellin at ya, um I mean motivating you Hee eehhhh hee. It would be nice if we had more of us but I guess for some once their done they move on... I need the support still sorry not need... LIKE the support, the program I can read off a sheet, but the support and experiences are priceless.

Last edited by WannabeIP; 08-02-2010 at 04:28 PM.
Old 08-02-2010, 04:25 PM   #133  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

Quote:
WyoSun and I are ONLY referring to the 6-packs of premade shakes, which ARE the same as IP. The vanilla are 3 carbs, the mocha and chocolate are 4 carbs. I have compared all the nutritional elements and ingredients, and the packaging used to be exactly the same.

Really.
Oh Ok thanks!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilblackdress View Post
wow you lose fast!!!!!!! woo hoo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psully View Post
Hey everyone,

welcome Paula! your doing great! your gonna love this group of very smart + fun gals!!
Old 08-02-2010, 04:52 PM   #134  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
BevS: when if ever did you gain the 3-5 pounds back?
A couple of weeks ago, I woke up one morning about 2.5 pounds higher than the morning before. I went back to Phase 1 for a couple of days, intending to stay there until I was 3 pounds under where I wanted to be. But I only stayed there until I was back at goal. Now is just not a good time to be without carbs--my husband started giving me grief again over it. He keeps saying I look like I've been in a concentration camp. It makes me feel so loving towards him--not!
Old 08-02-2010, 05:00 PM   #135  

Hey guys after about a 2 month or so vacation im back on track and ready to lose 40 pounds to get to the 200 mark,Ive been on IP for 2 weeks now! In October im taking another vacation im going to california for 5 days, and then after that vacation gonna try and get down to my goal! just checking in haha
Closed Thread