3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2010, 10:11 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
sillyputty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 161

S/C/G: 167/148/130ish

Height: 5"3

Default

I'm not taking BC and when I first started IP my period was barely nothing... I started again and again barely anything... I am okay with this coming from someone who is normally heavy for several days. Interesting how this has changed my period hmmmm.... good thing I am not worried about getting pregnant or that would be pretty stressful.
__________________
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wJdYe5U/]


Start Date- July 17, 2010 off since October
23 inches GONE
35 pounds GONE
sillyputty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 10:30 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
I'm svelting!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: GTA, ON, Canada
Posts: 966

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnMyWayForGood View Post
I know this thread is a couple of weeks old, but I was at the gyno today, and told her that BC is less effective on this diet, and she was totally stumped. She completely gets that it would make someone more fertile if they weren't on BC, but doesn't understand how BC wouldn't work as long as it's absorbed (she said those with gastric bypass, etc., have a harder time absorbing).

Is there any scientific data that proves that BC is less effective due to this diet? She didn't say the info was wrong, but was curious to see the medical explanation that's been given. I told her if I found it, I'd send it her way.
Can't help with a medical reference. IMO, this is a question for an endocrinologist. The endocrine glands and hormones are interconnected and interdependent: pituitary, pineal, thyroid, pancreas, adrenal, ovary/testes. A hormone from one gland creates a reaction in another gland which then adjusts its hormone, and so on.

If you alter what's going on with one, e.g. decreasing insulin release from the pancreas on IP, it's not surprising that something will happen with the other glands and the hormones they secrete.
__________________
lost 60 lbs July - November 2010 || maintained +/- 2 lbs November 2010 - May 2011
I'm svelting! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 08:53 PM   #18
Junior Member
 
Midwifemom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: rural Illinois
Posts: 13

S/C/G: 166/166/135

Height: 5' 4"

Default

Carla,
Have you considered the Paragard IUD? No hormones, so no chemicals. Just a thought.
Midwifemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 09:31 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
kplus80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 125

S/C/G: 190/ticker/145

Height: 5'11"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnMyWayForGood View Post
I know this thread is a couple of weeks old, but I was at the gyno today, and told her that BC is less effective on this diet, and she was totally stumped. She completely gets that it would make someone more fertile if they weren't on BC, but doesn't understand how BC wouldn't work as long as it's absorbed (she said those with gastric bypass, etc., have a harder time absorbing).

Is there any scientific data that proves that BC is less effective due to this diet? She didn't say the info was wrong, but was curious to see the medical explanation that's been given. I told her if I found it, I'd send it her way.

Anyone?

My coach (when I had one), had an RN do our initial meeting and she said it was due to the extra estrogen released from the fat. Don't know if that's right or not..
kplus80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 12:54 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
showgirlaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Arizona
Posts: 2,094

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwifemom View Post
Carla,
Have you considered the Paragard IUD? No hormones, so no chemicals. Just a thought.
I may look into that although, truthfully, I haven't been on birth control in nearly a decade and I like how I feel. I also haven't had any issues or scares. And, I wouldn't be unhappy having children.

My sisters are in the same place as me with their birth control sensitivity issues. They each have 2 children spaced 8 years apart, none of whom were surprises. Even my mother managed to have four of us 4 years apart and then none for 19 years after the youngest and, prior to her hysterectomy. It seems possible to be sexually responsible and to not need the added medication. Given how much better I feel and knowing I don't want any unnecessary medical risks, I might just leave well enough alone.
__________________
Carla


My Progress Photos

Taking this 10 pounds at a time!



You have to choose - eat how you want to look, or look how you want to eat...
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 11:54 AM   #21
Nichole
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 209

Default Here we go again...

I'm in week 14 of IP. My period started today with 10 days of active pills left. Yay. That's the first time it happened this early (month 3 it was with 7 pills left and lasted for 8 days) and in consecutive months. Month 1 my period was longer than usual (10 days) and month 2 was normal with painful cramps.

I originally typed more but apparently forgot to hit post last time so I'm keeping this one short!
nitenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 12:02 PM   #22
getting back on track
 
deinekatze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: GA
Posts: 743

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitenic View Post
I'm in week 14 of IP. My period started today with 10 days of active pills left. Yay. That's the first time it happened this early (month 3 it was with 7 pills left and lasted for 8 days) and in consecutive months. Month 1 my period was longer than usual (10 days) and month 2 was normal with painful cramps.

I originally typed more but apparently forgot to hit post last time so I'm keeping this one short!
Well I too had an excruciatingly painful time this month so... you just never know when your body kicks in lol
__________________
Elizabeth


Elizabeth's progress photos
deinekatze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 12:12 PM   #23
Nichole
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 209

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
Well I too had an excruciatingly painful time this month so... you just never know when your body kicks in lol
Ain't that the truth lol!! I'm almost excited this time though cuz I've finally realized that each time this happens, I see a significant change in my body composition -- body fat percentage does a major drop, clothing size changes, and at the very end a decent number of pounds go away. I've flown through the 240s and can already see the changes in my body so I'm sure that's why my body is freaking out. After an extended stay in the 250s I will gladly take it!
nitenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 12:14 PM   #24
getting back on track
 
deinekatze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: GA
Posts: 743

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitenic View Post
Ain't that the truth lol!! I'm almost excited this time though cuz I've finally realized that each time this happens, I see a significant change in my body composition -- body fat percentage does a major drop, clothing size changes, and at the very end a decent number of pounds go away. I've flown through the 240s and can already see the changes in my body so I'm sure that's why my body is freaking out. After an extended stay in the 250s I will gladly take it!
Makes sense. the pain is because of the hormones going wild (being released from the fat FINALLY) so yeah, BRING IT! hahahaha
__________________
Elizabeth


Elizabeth's progress photos
deinekatze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 01:55 PM   #25
Nichole
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 209

Default

Okay, I'm on day 8 of the cycle that started early, with 2 birth control pills left in my current pack. (My TOM should've been next week but it started last week when I had 10 pills remaining.)

Now I'm wondering if I should go ahead and start my next pack of pills on Sunday instead of being off for a week. I usually have the most cravings the week I don't take the pill so I think it might be a good way to avoid that. But who knows? I'm just typing out loud here.
nitenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 02:03 PM   #26
Senior Member
 
showgirlaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Arizona
Posts: 2,094

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitenic View Post
Okay, I'm on day 8 of the cycle that started early, with 2 birth control pills left in my current pack. (My TOM should've been next week but it started last week when I had 10 pills remaining.)

Now I'm wondering if I should go ahead and start my next pack of pills on Sunday instead of being off for a week. I usually have the most cravings the week I don't take the pill so I think it might be a good way to avoid that. But who knows? I'm just typing out loud here.
I don't know. I might call the gyno and ask her or her nurse practitioner/PA/nurse.

I know it is a pain to have your cycle changing and doing weird things. Boy do I know, I just had mine 2x this month and both are 10days

am not on BCP so I can't skip it the next time. Even if I were, I just hate to interfere with what my body might be trying to correct or change. Just me and what I am thinking for my body. If I were on BCP, I might talk to the doctor and get her feedback before making my decision.
__________________
Carla


My Progress Photos

Taking this 10 pounds at a time!



You have to choose - eat how you want to look, or look how you want to eat...
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 08:42 PM   #27
Senior Member
 
I'm svelting!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: GTA, ON, Canada
Posts: 966

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitenic View Post
Okay, I'm on day 8 of the cycle that started early, with 2 birth control pills left in my current pack. (My TOM should've been next week but it started last week when I had 10 pills remaining.)

Now I'm wondering if I should go ahead and start my next pack of pills on Sunday instead of being off for a week. I usually have the most cravings the week I don't take the pill so I think it might be a good way to avoid that. But who knows? I'm just typing out loud here.
There are women, who with their doctor's knowledge and okay, do back to back packages of BCPs. It depends on the pills and your body. I can't remember what the protocol is called. When I remember I'll edit the post so you can google it.
__________________
lost 60 lbs July - November 2010 || maintained +/- 2 lbs November 2010 - May 2011
I'm svelting! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 08:56 PM   #28
Nichole
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 209

Default

Thanks Carla! I may try to give them a call tomorrow and see if someone actually calls me back. Does PMS drive you crazy? I find myself very hormonal right now.... angry, sad, angry, angry. After a brief crying jag, everything/one gets on my nerves

LCW - I have in years past taken pills continuously for 3-4 months to prevent TOM from coming because it used to cause debilitating back pain (endometriosis). Since my body is kind of doing what it wants to right now anyway, I doubt it will make much difference. Or maybe it will get me back on schedule. Thanks for the feedback!
nitenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 02:44 PM   #29
Goodbye Forever, 300's!
 
OnMyWayForGood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 111

S/C/G: 355/282/200

Height: 5'10"

Default

I was never regular before bc, so my gyno ok'd me to take two pill packs back to back, as it creates a more normal flowing time. Sometimes, when I need to make it convenient, I even take three, but usually my symptoms come on stronger and sooner that way, so two is good for me. It depends on your body and doctor, of course.

I am on my sugar pill week right now after three packs... although I have been spotting daily for the past three weeks, and today should (typically, non-dieting) be my heaviest day, I have nothing. Maybe it's over after three weeks! Either way, I'm going to do two packs this time and see if IP does anything different with that.

I realize I contributed no answers to anything here. Just my experience!
__________________
Started IP July 12, 2010 See my progress photos here!


One for every 5 pounds lost:

OnMyWayForGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 03:36 PM   #30
Junior Member
 
Midwifemom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: rural Illinois
Posts: 13

S/C/G: 166/166/135

Height: 5' 4"

Default

As a women's healthcare professional, I will just kick in here and say that so much depends on which pill you're taking, if you're taking it the same time every day, how long you've been on it for, etc. Back to backing OCP's has been around forever, and again, depends on your pill and your body as to what will happen. Very individual. Sorry no real answers, but your health care provider can help there, they know you best.
Midwifemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IP Weekly Chat July 26 - August 1 I'm svelting! Ideal Protein Diet 521 08-01-2010 11:16 AM
Ideal Protein Diet - December Chat torchlaker Ideal Protein Diet 501 12-30-2009 09:54 AM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:56 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2