Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 08:53 PM   #46  

Height: 5'8"

jessicai hope in no way my post talking about me "flying off the deep end" would encourage you to not follow "protocol".

you're doing wonderfully and i agree with pita, your body needs to learn how to handle regular proteins again and i plan on going to 100% before i start phase 2. it wouldn't kill me to be less than 155, as it seems when carbs are introduced my body gains more like 5 lbs back. just sayin'

what i've had to come to terms with is that when you're young, you may weigh a little more, but its because we have muscle, older people have less of that and more fat. so we gotta get our protein in even more than some to keep our lean muscle from disentegrating

i'll be happy at 155, or 150 whatever some will be good.

by the way, i so love phase 1, but wait did i already say that?

stina, yellie & meggie
you guys frickin' ROCK! keep doin' what you're doin', which is being spectacularly FABULOUS!!

kellieann
i have heard of the stomach pains, espically when someone is intolerant to whey, soy, dairy etc. could that be it? maybe try doing only soy proteins one day, whey the next and dairy the next. see which days bugs you the most? i may be completely wrong but i do believe that's what i've read before

Last edited by mamaerinb; 07-26-2010 at 09:02 PM.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:12 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 237/113/140 ... healthy BMI

Height: 5.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetstina View Post
I reported it in the challenge thread, but I'm so friggin' happy that I'll also add it here...after a few so-so weeks (the week 9-11 rut) I finally posted a big 3.4 lb loss
Congrats Sweetstina!!!! Way to go!!!
Old 07-26-2010, 09:20 PM   #48  

[QUOTE=mamaerinb;3404447]good news:

coach agreed that i should go back to phase 1 for a week, she thinks i will be back at 164/163 next week and will then go back to phase 2.

i am back to phase 1 today and feeling great, i hoesntly love phase 1, less cooking-less stress about gain.

Erin, glad to hear you've made the right decision for you. Welcome back to phase 1 (but don't get too comfy - lol)! Have a great week!
Old 07-26-2010, 09:22 PM   #49  

Thanks for the kind words Coastalcrafter, Erin & Makeitmatter...I really appreciate it! Best wishes to all of you for a spectacular week!
Old 07-26-2010, 09:31 PM   #50  

[QUOTE=makeitmatter;3405419]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
good news:

coach agreed that i should go back to phase 1 for a week, she thinks i will be back at 164/163 next week and will then go back to phase 2.

i am back to phase 1 today and feeling great, i hoesntly love phase 1, less cooking-less stress about gain.

Erin, glad to hear you've made the right decision for you. Welcome back to phase 1 (but don't get too comfy - lol)! Have a great week!
thank you! i am pretty sure i'll be on phase 1 for at least another month. going to phase 2 at 80% just wasn't working for me, i want to be at 155 when i gain all my carb stores back, not when i go to phase 3, yikes!!

and thank you too stina, your look so beautiful in your new pic!!
Old 07-26-2010, 09:41 PM   #51  

[QUOTE=mamaerinb;3405436]
Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitmatter View Post

thank you! i am pretty sure i'll be on phase 1 for at least another month. going to phase 2 at 80% just wasn't working for me, i want to be at 155 when i gain all my carb stores back, not when i go to phase 3, yikes!!

and thank you too stina, your look so beautiful in your new pic!!

Isn't it sssooooooooo extremely frustrating: you do what you're suppose to do, but yet you stall/plateau or worse, gain. I'm currently in a plateau/gain period - I've been stuck between 151 and 152 for the past 2.5 weeks and it's driving me crazy. Makes me worried about what my body will do once I'm able to move into the other phases. Grr... why can't our bodies just do what we tell it and wish it to do!
Old 07-26-2010, 09:48 PM   #52  

[QUOTE=makeitmatter;3405447]
Quote:

Isn't it sssooooooooo extremely frustrating: you do what you're suppose to do, but yet you stall/plateau or worse, gain. I'm currently in a plateau/gain period - I've been stuck between 151 and 152 for the past 2.5 weeks and it's driving me crazy. Makes me worried about what my body will do once I'm able to move into the other phases. Grr... why can't our bodies just do what we tell it and wish it to do!
well believe me, i've had my weeks of doing what i'm supposed to and not losing, or gaining a pound-they are awful and so extremely disappointing. this week is not the case. i did this to myself and i'm ok with that, it's getting up when you stumble and having the drive to keep going that really matters in the end though weekends are always a killer for me, and i've got to go back to how i was at the beginning of ip and just stay away from anything and everything that tempts me friday through sunday. including being around my husband with a freakishly high metabolism while he eats yummies
Old 07-26-2010, 09:54 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 241/173/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tle1103 View Post
Looking forward to another week! I have a busy one ahead of me! I have an interview today and another one Saturday. Wish me luck. I really want the one on Saturday. I guess I will wait and see how things turn out. Please send prayers my way!
Thanks,
Tina Lou
Good luck with your job interviews. Keeping my fingers crossed that you get the job your hoping for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Here is the NSV I had over the weekend... I tried on my prom dress that I wore to my best friends prom in 2003...

Not even close to getting it done up, but I was just amazed that I could actually get it on! And it makes my forever shrinking boobs look bigger!
Awesome NSV! It won't be long before that dress zips up all the way and then it will be too big! You're doing awesome.... keep up the good work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyputty View Post
OMG! First weigh in this morning... down 6.5 pounds and 8.5 inches! I feel really great and I even had a few looks as I was walking down the street in my tanktop. I heard I would have lost more if I ate more salad, but I just can't do the salad thing every day especially since I hate the WF dressings ewwww... I am experimenting with vinigarettes but nothing really cuts it just yet. I feel excited about this new week... hiding out in my house has helped LOL. Hope you all have a great week too!
I can't wait for my ticker!
Wow! great job! Isn't it wonderful motivation to see such awesome results after just one week?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelleFL View Post
TO EVERYONE:

I was informed by my coach yesterday that the ready made drinks are being reformulated.
I was told just today that IP is bringing the process in house in order to speed up production. If this is the case why oh why didn't they keep having them produced by the current manufacturer while they transition over to in house? Who knows what's going on though, I think we've all heard a different story. I for one am missing my boxes of ready made!
Quote:
good news:

she said that flying off the deep end on phase 2 is actually quite common and to not beat myself up about it. people think they're SO close to being done and just screw it up by not following the plan to the t.

all in all, a good morning chat with coach/boss. she really is a great support, wish everyone here had that.

here's to a great week!! maybe i can lose 6 lbs again like i did week #1!

Susie!

You look GREAT!!

WannaBe

Yaya for saying "no" Wish I had your will power!!

sillyputty

knew you were gonna do great!! 6 lbs is wonderful!!!

tricia

i would have never posted that 30 lbs ago, my confidence has skyrocketed. i still have my moments where i hate the tummy or the arm flab, but all in all, i feel amazing
Glad you and your coach were able to come up with a game plan that your comfortable with. Hope the scale brings you awesome results this week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorMayde View Post
Good luck! Where are your interviews??

Have you ever tried yellowbox flip flops? They are so comfortable, and they are good for your feet and your posture
I started doing invoices today at work, and when I went to fill in the date I was like, really? This is ridiculous. Wasn't last weekend Fourth of July??

You look amazing! It's incredible how much different you look even from your avatar pic!!

London Tipton! Suite Life...amazing show Yeah, I'm 20 and I still watch Disney Channel. I'm so sad about Hannah Montana

I have been feeling down again. I don't know if it's the weekends that get me this way or what. Hopped on the scale this morning (W-I is tomorrow) and haven't lost a pound. Haven't gained, but haven't cheated at all. My body fat % hasn't gone down either I don't know what's going on.
My mom started IP today also. I'm her coach!! Which is kind of exciting for me. Here at our clinic we are having a Food Fest on Thursday, we're preparing all your recipes and some of our own, and having an open house for people to come try samples. Which is also exciting! So I don't know why I'm feeling so down. I hope it goes away soon

Have a great day!!
Cheer up sweets! I'm sure all of the transitions your going through right now
are affecting your well being. Hopefully your all settled into the new apartment, and new job soon. Maybe that will help?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
Hi all- while I am waiting ...I thought I'd change my avatar to a pic I took of my cat Valentine.. She jumped into this plastic bin and I had to take a pic!! She's a sweetie at 2 yrs old! I adopted her from animal shelter for Mother's Day! Our very first pet!!! Had to share.. ~Ro~
What a cute picture of your kitty! My 6yo daughter saw the picture and said that your kitty is cute just like her kitty! She's such an animal lover.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetstina View Post
I reported it in the challenge thread, but I'm so friggin' happy that I'll also add it here...after a few so-so weeks (the week 9-11 rut) I finally posted a big 3.4 lb loss this week!! My original goal was to hit 150, so I'm 0.6 lb away from that. Since I modified my goal to 140, I only have to lose 6 more pounds and then I can transition to Phase 2!
WOW! That's wonderful and your so close to starting phase 2! I bet your so excited. Good job and keep up the great work!
Old 07-26-2010, 11:07 PM   #54  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyputty View Post
I don't think the salad really helps I think it is a filler myself.... but that is what she said... mind you lettuce does have fiber so it will help you "process" better which will help get rid of waste and fats I guess.... how insightful was that? I never thought of it that way LOL
Check out the amount of potassium (and other nutrients, etc.) in 4 C romaine lettuce -- a mineral that must be supplemented when you're on I P.

[Sitting here eating roasted cauliflower, with my fingers. Lovely.]
Old 07-26-2010, 11:24 PM   #55  
aka, Rosie

Quote:
Now, how do I upload pics from "my pictures" to the postings? Copy and paste is not the way, I found out... I would like to share a pic of me at 140 pounds( 20 years ago) and that's my goal!!!!!!!
After you click on the paperclip, you get a window called manage attachments, the first box allows you to browse on your computer to where the picture is, then select the upload button, under the second box, before the list of file types you can attach, the attachment icon will display, you can close out of that window and you should have the picture in your post.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.jpg (9.7 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by 6710; 07-26-2010 at 11:41 PM.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:37 PM   #56  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6710 View Post
After you click on the paperclip, you get a window called manage attachments, the first box allows you to browse on your computer to where the picture is, then select the upload button, under the second box, before the list of file types you can attach, the attachment icon will display, you can close out of that window and you should have the picture in your post.

thanks for this tip! i always used photobucket, your way is MUCH easier!

me and my little angel face of a son-reese
Attached Images
File Type: jpg babyboy.jpg (23.7 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by mamaerinb; 07-26-2010 at 11:37 PM.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:52 PM   #57  
aka, Rosie

Quote:

You're welcome. I thank SweetSheila for sharing that tip with me.

I love the pic of you and your son, very cute!
Old 07-26-2010, 11:56 PM   #58  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6710 View Post
You're welcome. I thank SweetSheila for sharing that tip with me.

I love the pic of you and your son, very cute!

thanks sheila!!: and thank you 6710, him and my daughter are my world for sure

may i ask your first name? i honestly hate callling people by their screen names seems so strange to me...we're in texas! everyone is our friend! but please, smack me if you want me to leave you alone
Old 07-26-2010, 11:58 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 190/ticker/145

Height: 5'11"

Quote:

What a doll! SOOOO cute!!! You're looking great btw - very inspirational for those of us in the beginning/middle of it!
Old 07-27-2010, 12:09 AM   #60  
back at it

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Quick question- How do you multiple post quotes from different members in 1 reply posting?? ( better than replying one by one)

and just wondering if anyone else has had this--( sorry it's very personal)...
I know that when you change your diet and start having sucralose or any sweetner, even sugar, when you usually don't have it, some how I get an itchy yeast infection?. I am taking Culterelle tablets( good flora) and using the monostat,drinking more water... also I am very constipated ( I told you it was personal) Geesh, I feel like I am giving birth! My Endocrinologist always told me to take 2 colace( stool softener gel tabs) for every calcium tablet.. I checked no sugars in them.. Also I am taking 2 mag citrate tablets before bed with glass of water as coach suggested. I even tried 1 teaspoon of unprocessesd bran in my pudding... I have NEVER had a problem before, went daily with no problems....

This is the third week like this and it takes dynamite it seems to get me going.. sorry, hope I haven't grossed anyone out.. Senior members, HELP!!
thanks! ~Ro~
Hi Coastal,
I've been around a while; not sure I'm the best to answer your "personal" questions though, since I have not had the same problems; but I noticed no one else has responded.
Re: the yeast - if you have diabetes that can be common, otherwise I have not heard about that issue. Re: constipation hopefully some of the others can respond. With all the fiber from the vegies and salads, plus the oil required and magnesium supplements, I have been fortunate to stay regular. Do you take Vitamin D? Dr. Oz says to offset the calcium (Constipating) take vit D. I take mine at night w/supper. Hope you find relief soon!
Closed Thread