3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Life After Phase 1 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/204492-life-after-phase-1-a.html)

Novak 07-17-2010 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WannabeIP (Post 3389842)
Now Novak it is your job to keep us on the page while I'm away, :drill:dont let me down girl. ;)

YES, DRILL SERGEANT!!

Hey, I'm glad you updated your ticker to reflect overshooting your goal. We want to impress visitors with our accomplishments as much as possible so they'll know that we're not just a couple of goofballs :crazy: and that our words regarding IP carry considerable weight. Which, of course, our bodies no longer do. :D

Novak 07-18-2010 05:45 AM

Since I've been ordered not to let this thread drop off the page and there are so few "IP graduates" checking in to post their Phase 2-4 experiences so we can fill out our knowledge base here, I'm going to plaster my sister's all over the page.

She was right behind Wannabe in Phase 2, all stressed out because the first week she lost very little weight. Then, just like me (and Wannabe), she dropped dramatically the second week, losing 3.8 pounds in 5 days. (Which, coincidentally, is exactly what I lost in the last 5 days of Phase 2.) At any rate, that put her EXACTLY at her goal of 125. We decided she'd take one more day on Phase 2, and start Phase 3 on Saturday. I'd helped her plan two breakfasts while she was visiting me a couple of weeks ago, so she had all her ingredients ready for blueberry pancakes. In a show of solidarity, I had the same ingredients ready 500 miles away, so we could enjoy breakfast together. We were actually on the phone while we ate... silly girls!!

Also interesting to me is the pattern of losing lots of inches during the last phases of the diet. I've reported before that losing the last 10-15 pounds was most dramatic in terms of how my body seemed to "reconfigure." I was dropping sizes week to week, and had to keep replacing work clothes. I've settled out at a solid size 4, with a size 6 or two in rotation, and a recently added size 2, which completely blows me away.

So when my sister was here two weeks ago and we went shopping for her (at stores and in my closet), she'd gotten down to a comfortable size 6, and could get into a size 4. Yesterday, after our lovely breakfast together, we went shopping in our various states, and she called me from the fitting room at Macy's, where she'd finally managed to locate some size 2's. They fit perfectly.

I have described my own experience those last few weeks on IP as shocking to me; she used the same word yesterday talking about herself. She is older than me by two years, an inch shorter, and lost half the weight I had to lose (I'd completely let myself go before IP, she had actually lost some weight doing points a la WW.) Anyway, we have always been "heavy duty" girls, even when we were running marathons... I never signed up for a race in the "Clydesdale" category, but I could have!

The bottom line is that we are both so thrilled with the stunning results we've gotten on this diet. It truly has been a situation where we hardly recognize ourselves, because even at lower weights, our bodies never looked this small. It's amazing... especially for gals who aren't used to taking up so little space!

Wannabe, when you get back, you need to report in on this subject. :)

mommajen88 07-18-2010 09:25 AM

Does anyone else get dizzy and/or tired after eating? I'm finsihing up phase 3 this week and I have noticed this more and more, especially after breakfast. I'm hoping it is a sign that my cells are rapidly responding to the insulin secreted after my higher carb breakfast. The feeling passes within 30-40 minutes. And I know it is not related to low sodium intake since I am careful to get adequate amounts of salt (I have chronically low BP).

Novak 07-18-2010 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommajen88 (Post 3392058)
Does anyone else get dizzy and/or tired after eating? I'm finsihing up phase 3 this week and I have noticed this more and more, especially after breakfast. I'm hoping it is a sign that my cells are rapidly responding to the insulin secreted after my higher carb breakfast. The feeling passes within 30-40 minutes. And I know it is not related to low sodium intake since I am careful to get adequate amounts of salt (I have chronically low BP).

During Phase 3, that happened after my first big breakfast... lightheaded, I guess. I took it as what you describe--the insulin spike. But I only noticed it that one day. I warned my sister yesterday that she might feel some sort of reaction, but she says she didn't. Haven't checked today...

I definitely feel tired after eating carbs in Phase 4, though more often after lunch. I separate my complex carbs from fat and have them for dinner, but even if I have higher carb veggies at lunch (which are allowed), I become drowsy afterwards. And if I happen to be in a boring meeting, it's all I can do to keep my eyes open! :tired:

sqklein 07-18-2010 11:45 AM

Can someone post the phase sheets?

Novak 07-18-2010 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sqklein (Post 3392211)

The latest versions for 3 and 4 are in the IP Phases Sticky... Jordanna posted 6/21.

Phases 1 and 2 were posted 5/25.

I'm svelting! 07-18-2010 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sqklein (Post 3392211)

Phase 3 & 4 sheets in .pdf format are available on page 3 of the Ideal Protein Phases "Sticky" thread.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...et-phases.html

See Jordanna's post on 6-21-2010

====
Oops, I forgot about individual settings. :o See Novak's message above or below for the message #.

Novak 07-18-2010 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcw32 (Post 3392221)

See Jordanna's post, the 5th one from the top.

Actually, this depends on how many messages you view per page... there are different settings.

But the link is correct, and messages dated 5/25 and 6/21 are the latest versions of the phases, which have changed on occasion. :)

rocknrealtor 07-19-2010 01:21 AM

Hi All! I hope you don't mind me intruding in this discussion thread, but everyone seems to knowledgable! Kudos to everyone who has done so well! I DO have a question. With all of the talk about PHASE 1 and the pancreas resting....I'm getting nervous. I've been on Phase 1 for 16 weeks and am down 43 pounds. I have not been totally faithful throughout the program w/carbs as I do have the occasional bite (or bites) of bread while out, an occasional M&M and I DO dip my fork in regular dressing w/my salads. I cannot STAND the Waldon Farms dressings and I've tried them all. That being said.....am I in for a rude awakening when I go to PHASE 2? Have I not been totally free of carbs; thus messing up how my pancreas will react to that phase and beyond? Even when I was 100% on the program I was barely in ketosis...and am just now occasionally in it! I hate to be bad, but I cannot and will not eat my spinach salads without at least a tablespoon of dressing. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks everyone!

chimpchamp 07-19-2010 04:10 AM

Has anyone had any mouth ulcers / sores when doing IP? I've got a small sore on the roof of my mouth and now I have a swollen area on my gum line. I'll see a doc about it, but I'm just curious if anyone else has had any issue with this. I know stress and other things can cause a bunch of ridiculous symptoms but I think I better get this checked out.

Novak 07-19-2010 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocknrealtor (Post 3393080)
Hi All! I hope you don't mind me intruding in this discussion thread, but everyone seems to knowledgable! Kudos to everyone who has done so well! I DO have a question. With all of the talk about PHASE 1 and the pancreas resting....I'm getting nervous. I've been on Phase 1 for 16 weeks and am down 43 pounds. I have not been totally faithful throughout the program w/carbs as I do have the occasional bite (or bites) of bread while out, an occasional M&M and I DO dip my fork in regular dressing w/my salads. I cannot STAND the Waldon Farms dressings and I've tried them all. That being said.....am I in for a rude awakening when I go to PHASE 2? Have I not been totally free of carbs; thus messing up how my pancreas will react to that phase and beyond? Even when I was 100% on the program I was barely in ketosis...and am just now occasionally in it! I hate to be bad, but I cannot and will not eat my spinach salads without at least a tablespoon of dressing. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks everyone!

This is an open forum... you are certainly not intruding!

I doubt you have been in and out of ketosis judging by your description, though you may have slowed yourself down. Are you basing this on the use of Ketostix? Or have you stopped losing/started gaining and had to go through a few days to get back on track?

If it's the Ketostix, then I wouldn't worry too much. If you've read Wannabe's posts, you know that she never really registered on the stix, and my sister had a similar track record--yet both lost very well on the diet, and were obviously burning fat like crazy.

I do not think you will have a problem. Of course, it is best to NOT cheat, so try to stay on plan the best you can from now on. Just make sure you follow Phase 3 correctly. When you start reintroducing carbs, you want your insulin to spike once a day--after breakfast, and not the rest of the day. If you eat things you're not supposed to, you may cause your pancreas to secrete insulin again, which upsets the pattern you are trying to set.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chimpchamp (Post 3393136)
Has anyone had any mouth ulcers / sores when doing IP? I've got a small sore on the roof of my mouth and now I have a swollen area on my gum line. I'll see a doc about it, but I'm just curious if anyone else has had any issue with this. I know stress and other things can cause a bunch of ridiculous symptoms but I think I better get this checked out.

Hi, chimpchamp! Glad you stopped by! Hey, I have developed a funny bump on the inside of my cheek, but I don't think it had anything to do with the diet. But let us know what the doc says.

Linden 07-19-2010 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chimpchamp (Post 3393136)

I had cold sores on the corners of my mouth days 2-5. Stress? I don't think so because I didn't experience any of the common early days symptoms: nausea, hunger, jitters, etc. I actually felt good. Are you allergic to eggs?

BevS 07-19-2010 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocknrealtor (Post 3393080)

Everyone is welcome on this thread! Congrats on losing 43 pounds in 16 weeks! That is wonderful!

Actually, it's best to show trace amounts of ketones instead of more. You lose more weight at trace. Plus you are properly hydrated. If you aren't getting ravenously hungry, then you probably are in ketosis. I didn't worry much with the ketostix.

The real dressing is probably more fat than carbs, and fat won't mess with ketosis. You just have to burn it before you burn your own body's fat. I would at least check the label to make sure you're not adding a bunch of carbs. Plus you can make your own dressing with olive oil, apple cider vinegar, and herbs. A bit of Splenda or stevia will cut the sour flavor a bit.

Listen to Novak when it comes to Phase 3, and you'll be just fine.

WannabeIP 07-19-2010 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jordanna (Post 3390600)
...waves hello to everyone....

sorry I haven't been around much lately. something crazy has happened in my life...

When I moved to phase 3 & 4 I was feeling really really crappy. My stomach hurt all the time and I was exhausted and I attributed it to reintroducing carbs in to my life & processing animal proteins again...I talked to my coach and she did a bunch of research and she couldn't find anyone who was having the same problems as me so she gave me some enzymes to see if that would help...but before I started taking them my husband came back in to town and I told him how I was feeling. That evening he went to the grocery store to pick up some milk & when he came home he threw a pregnancy test at me and told me to take it...I was skeptical because as many of you know we adopted our little guy Hudson after trying to get pregnant for 6 years...

long story short, three pregnancy tests later I finally believe it...I'm pregnant!

We're not very far along, only 7.5 weeks...but ya we're really excited and hoping for the best.

So as a warning to everyone who doesn't want to get pregnant... IP helps people get pregnant when they couldn't even after trying for 6 years and went on every fertility drug out there.... so watch out!

PS - to all my peeps on facebook please don't mention it publicly on facebook as we haven't told many of our "real life" friends because my parents are out of town and I don't want everyone we know to know before they do.

WHHHOOOOTTT WHHOOOOOOO.......:carrot::carrot::carrot: oh I am so happy for you all....:hug::hug: I was actually gonna ask you if you would try again after weight loss... my freind went on IP lost 24 pounds in 4 weeks and got preggers after trying for some time... that gives me lots of encouragement it took us a long time to have our son and we want more so hopefully this weight loss will make it easier. I had read your blog and we were on the verge of signing up for adopting when we found out...so I can totally relate to your story. Oh I am so excited for you......

WannabeIP 07-19-2010 11:13 AM

Novak- Immmmmmmmm back... I couldnt get a signal even standing on the picnic table, trust me I tried... oh well it was a great weekend. I did really well with my eating till sat night and then it went to pot.... well to chocolate really. Sunday didnt go much better-(better to post on the NONO page), so yes the scale was up this morning as I knew it would be. So I am testing the protocal, strict phase 1 today and I am sure it will all be gone tomorrow.... I love IP... not that I promote bad eating but it does happen once in awhile but I didnt cry when I stepped on the scale this morning... I was like OK so phase 1, it didnt define me... I just needed to change my lunch pack and off I went on my merry way... to me that is worth every single penny I have spent on this program. Made some bad choices and that is OK...enough about that Happppyy Day to all, oh yes I am already back in ketosis too, hee hee.

SylvieG 07-19-2010 11:23 AM

[QUOTE=jordanna;3390600long story short, three pregnancy tests later I finally believe it...I'm pregnant![/QUOTE]

Congratulations Jordanna! :hug: :D

142 this morning... one meal at a time!

Novak 07-19-2010 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WannabeIP (Post 3393515)
Novak- Immmmmmmmm back... I couldnt get a signal even standing on the picnic table, trust me I tried... oh well it was a great weekend. I did really well with my eating till sat night and then it went to pot.... well to chocolate really. Sunday didnt go much better-(better to post on the NONO page), so yes the scale was up this morning as I knew it would be. So I am testing the protocal, strict phase 1 today and I am sure it will all be gone tomorrow.... I love IP... not that I promote bad eating but it does happen once in awhile but I didnt cry when I stepped on the scale this morning... I was like OK so phase 1, it didnt define me... I just needed to change my lunch pack and off I went on my merry way... to me that is worth every single penny I have spent on this program. Made some bad choices and that is OK...enough about that Happppyy Day to all, oh yes I am already back in ketosis too, hee hee.

Jeez, I no sooner post a "Stick to the Phase 3 protocol" lecture :angel:, and you come back with a Phase 3 cheat story :devil:.

:coach: You're not supposed to do that until Phase 4!! What am I going to do with you? :?:

Oh, I almost forgot... welcome back!

pitakitten 07-19-2010 02:47 PM

Need a pep talk. Went off badly this past weekend. Things I haven't had in months. Very slugish today both physically and mentally. Only thing I want to do is sleep. Haven't gained any weight but am sure I will soon. I really don't want to gain it all back, I will be devastated. :( would like to go for a walk but my brain says "what's the point". Feel horrible.

WannabeIP 07-19-2010 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Novak (Post 3393819)
Jeez, I no sooner post a "Stick to the Phase 3 protocol" lecture :angel:, and you come back with a Phase 3 cheat story :devil:.

:coach: You're not supposed to do that until Phase 4!! What am I going to do with you? :?:

Oh, I almost forgot... welcome back!

I'm sorry :( coach It was the lack of internet :dizzy: I lost my way.... but I am found. So now I will just have to do an extra week of phase 3 as I will still be faithfull to the protocal ... master yoda. :p Thanks, I missed you too!!!

Novak 07-19-2010 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pitakitten (Post 3394040)
Need a pep talk. Went off badly this past weekend. Things I haven't had in months. Very slugish today both physically and mentally. Only thing I want to do is sleep. Haven't gained any weight but am sure I will soon. I really don't want to gain it all back, I will be devastated. :( would like to go for a walk but my brain says "what's the point". Feel horrible.

It's difficult for me to comment on your situation, since we have clearly not been on the same diet. :)

My advice is as it has been all along: follow the IP protocol, if you want the IP results. That is the program I know quite a bit about. If you don't mind getting different results, follow whatever adaptations you care to make, but I really can't help you with the course that plan may take.

Sorry! :shrug:

BevS 07-19-2010 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pitakitten (Post 3394040)

You're only human. And you're only 2 POUNDS from GOAL!! You can do this. Get back on the stick, woman! Phase 3 can begin within the week. And in phase 3 you can legally have potatoes, rice, fruit, yogurt, etc.!!!

Novak 07-19-2010 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BevS (Post 3394253)
You're only human. And you're only 2 POUNDS from GOAL!! You can do this. Get back on the stick, woman! Phase 3 can begin within the week. And in phase 3 you can legally have potatoes, rice, fruit, yogurt, etc.!!!

Bev much perkier than Yoda today is. :)

:cheer:

pitakitten 07-19-2010 05:55 PM

Thank you Bevs. I picked myself up, vaccumed, went for a 4 mile walk up and down the hills, grocery shopped, cleaned yard, treated myself to Ginger tea. I loose perspective at times, everyone last night was saying how great I looked. I have to remember that and keep trucking along. To me it's amazing that I don't gain. For whatever reason, my body takes care of it. Today so far I have been doing fine. I am looking forward to this Saturday.
Funny, am not craving things at all, thought I would.

yinyang 07-19-2010 06:12 PM

I have really loved reading the posts about how everyone is dealing with the coming phase 2-3-4. I am not there yet, but am looking forward and planning for it.

I have not had the best luck in the past with keeping the weight off, and I do not want that to happen again. I do think life will be some ups and then downs. I will set a threshold of weight gain, maybe 3-4 lbs, where I will get right back on phase 1 until back where I need to be.

Keep the great info coming. You can't believe how much it helps!

Novak 07-19-2010 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yinyang (Post 3394318)
I have really loved reading the posts about how everyone is dealing with the coming phase 2-3-4. I am not there yet, but am looking forward and planning for it.

I have not had the best luck in the past with keeping the weight off, and I do not want that to happen again. I do think life will be some ups and then downs. I will set a threshold of weight gain, maybe 3-4 lbs, where I will get right back on phase 1 until back where I need to be.

Keep the great info coming. You can't believe how much it helps!

I don't want to put it on again either, and I refuse to do so! This program gives you such a powerful tool for managing your weight over the long term, it really is quite a gift.

Well, okay... a very expensive gift that you had to buy for yourself, but aren't you worth it? :D

rocknrealtor 07-19-2010 07:47 PM

Whew.....thanks Novak & BevS!!! I have been worrying so much about ketosis and YES it is from the Ketostix that I am basing my ketosis on. Even with the weeks that I lose only a pound or two.....I still am losing inches which I'm contributing to ketosis correct?

It's amazing how many people in the past 2 weeks who have asked me if I've had weight loss surgery!! LOL!!!

Also BevS....glad to hear about ketosis and my salad dressing. It is quite low carb, but does have some fat. It's what gets me through (mentally and taste wise) so I'm going to cont w/it, but limit it as much as possible.

I'm with all of you too......I do NOT want to get heavy again. It's so difficult to have a long way to go all over again. I've given all of my BIG clothes to my sister who is about 40 lbs behind me........hopefully now I won't have an excuse to gain it back since if i do.....I'll have to be naked doing it!!! LOL!!

How many of you worry about farm raised vs. wild salmon? I know I saw a post about Olive Garden's herb crusted salmon, but have been told it is not wild. Any feedack on that?

Thanks everyone. Keep on being the LOOZERS than you know you can be!:carrot:

PRINCASS 07-19-2010 08:03 PM

My experience on phasing out.

I was absolutely terrified about phasing out. I think I was actually too comfortable in Phase 1 because it was easy, no thinking, have a shake some veggies and your good to go. With phasing off I had to start to think all over again. I've been on the IP protocol since Oct.24 so it just became second nature. SOME GOOD NEWS...... I started Phase 3 7/9/10, and still losing weight...5lbs to be exact..which is way better than my weekly totals in Phase 1.....go figure right.....eat more loose more?! Who Knows....But I'll take it. I just thought I should share with you that you can still lose in phase 3.
I'm moving to Phase 4 starting Thursday and I'm sure I'll be anxious about that too....but really like Novak said we've ALL been given a weight loss tool for life.......:hug:

:val1: I LOVE IP:val1:

kplus80 07-19-2010 11:33 PM

This thread is so great. It really gets me excited for maintenance! Thanks to you all for sharing all of your wisdom.

I have a couple phase 4 questions if you all don't mind, since I'm not even close yet. :) I saw on the protocol sheet that no fat is allowed at dinner - so if you're having vegetables at dinner, does this mean absolutely no fat, as in no olive oil to cook vegetables and no butter on a baked potato? Also, regarding the cheat day, in the information sheet where it says it is mandatory, does that mean mandatory once when you go into phase 4 or mandatory once per week? And I know the next day after a cheat day you follow phase 1 protocol, but the day after that do you go right back into the phase 4 protocol?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Novak (Post 3394251)
It's difficult for me to comment on your situation, since we have clearly not been on the same diet. :)

My advice is as it has been all along: follow the IP protocol, if you want the IP results. That is the program I know quite a bit about. If you don't mind getting different results, follow whatever adaptations you care to make, but I really can't help you with the course that plan may take.

Sorry! :shrug:

Novak - out of curiosity, do you consider adaptations to be cheats only (completely off protocol), or does that also include following protocol but using non-IP products such as protein powders, etc.? You've been so successful on the plan and I'm curious about your opinion on this (and the opinions of other phase 4-ers :D)

Novak 07-20-2010 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRINCASS (Post 3394466)
I was absolutely terrified about phasing out. I think I was actually too comfortable in Phase 1 because it was easy, no thinking, have a shake some veggies and your good to go. With phasing off I had to start to think all over again. I've been on the IP protocol since Oct.24 so it just became second nature. SOME GOOD NEWS...... I started Phase 3 7/9/10, and still losing weight...

:val1: I LOVE IP:val1:

Totally my experience, as well. It was tough to let go of the comfort and mindlessness! But yes, I continued to lose in 3 and 4, and am glad I have lost the additional 6-7 pounds beyond my target. This just shows that we are changing the way our bodies process food, and now know how to control that.

Sometimes I'm like, well why didn't somebody tell me this a long time ago? But maybe it's like the Wizard of Oz... we actually need to struggle through the journey to truly understand. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by kplus80 (Post 3394775)
This thread is so great. It really gets me excited for maintenance! Thanks to you all for sharing all of your wisdom.

I have a couple phase 4 questions if you all don't mind, since I'm not even close yet. :) I saw on the protocol sheet that no fat is allowed at dinner - so if you're having vegetables at dinner, does this mean absolutely no fat, as in no olive oil to cook vegetables and no butter on a baked potato? Also, regarding the cheat day, in the information sheet where it says it is mandatory, does that mean mandatory once when you go into phase 4 or mandatory once per week? And I know the next day after a cheat day you follow phase 1 protocol, but the day after that do you go right back into the phase 4 protocol?

It means use fat sparingly... a little olive oil or butter, a small amount of grated cheese on your pasta, etc. The cheat day is once a week in Phase 4... even if that is dinners from Friday through Sunday. On Monday, no carbs, and you're good to go. Last weekend I got up to 133, and was down to 128.4 after one no-carb day. This weekend, same pattern... got up to 132+, and just weighed in after yesterday at 128.6.

But don't worry about being too rigid in Phase 4. Keep the separation of foods in mind, but just live your life in a healthy, comfortable way. Watch your weight and monitor how your clothes fit, and you'll know what to do when the numbers creep up too far.

Quote:

Novak - out of curiosity, do you consider adaptations to be cheats only (completely off protocol), or does that also include following protocol but using non-IP products such as protein powders, etc.? You've been so successful on the plan and I'm curious about your opinion on this (and the opinions of other phase 4-ers :D)

To me, adaptations are cheats that defy the basic chemistry of the diet. I have a sheet that says in large font exactly what is prohibited in Phase 1 and 2. It includes soda, alcohol, potatoes, bread, etc. If someone says, I'm going to do IP, but MY way (drinking soda or alcohol, eating potatoes or bread), then it is no longer the IP protocol, and you can not expect (nor will you get) the IP results. As far as product goes, I think you can follow the protocol with no IP products at all... though loss might be (or not) slower than using IP. But again, depending what you choose, the final results may vary.

BevS 07-20-2010 09:39 AM

Quote:

My sheet says no more than a teaspoon of fat at dinner. Of course, if you're in Phase 4 (not Phase 3--do that exactly), and you really want some extra fat with dinner, you could always skip your slow carbs for that meal. Same goes with lunch. If you have a lunch with very little fat, you could have a sandwich, for example. The point is not to combine a lot of fat with a lot of slow carbs. The two together are what make us gain weight. At least that's my take on things.

I don't always have a big cheat day each week even though the sheet says it's mandatory, but when I do, I do a Phase 1 day the next day and the very next day go back to Phase 4 (maintenance).

WannabeIP 07-20-2010 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BevS (Post 3395227)
My sheet says no more than a teaspoon of fat at dinner. Of course, if you're in Phase 4 (not Phase 3--do that exactly), and you really want some extra fat with dinner, you could always skip your slow carbs for that meal. Same goes with lunch. If you have a lunch with very little fat, you could have a sandwich, for example. The point is not to combine a lot of fat with a lot of slow carbs. The two together are what make us gain weight. At least that's my take on things.

I don't always have a big cheat day each week even though the sheet says it's mandatory, but when I do, I do a Phase 1 day the next day and the very next day go back to Phase 4 (maintenance).

Another thing that I was told about phase 4 is you really want to have a "balanced day" you dont have to have the typical balanced meal, as far as protein, carbs and fats your dont always have to have a meat at dinner or potatoes which is how I was taught to eat and to cook. I was also told small snacks - about 3 per day and the 3 meals, the snacks should be about the size you would give a preschooler .... and you can simply have a cheat meal rather than a full day is what I was told. But hey I am still trying to get to phase 4 so I will keep you posted.....

Novak 07-20-2010 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Novak (Post 3391953)
Also interesting to me is the pattern of losing lots of inches during the last phases of the diet. I've reported before that losing the last 10-15 pounds was most dramatic in terms of how my body seemed to "reconfigure." I was dropping sizes week to week, and had to keep replacing work clothes. I've settled out at a solid size 4, with a size 6 or two in rotation, and a recently added size 2, which completely blows me away.

The bottom line is that my sister and I are thrilled with the stunning results we've gotten on this diet. It truly has been a situation where we hardly recognize ourselves, because even at lower weights, our bodies never looked this small. It's amazing... especially for gals who aren't used to taking up so little space!

Wannabe, when you get back, you need to report in on this subject. :)

So, Wannabe... how about it? And Bev... what about you? Did you find that your losses added up quickly at the end, particularly with regard to clothing size? We need a few more data points here!

WannabeIP 07-20-2010 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Novak (Post 3395426)
So, Wannabe... how about it? And Bev... what about you? Did you find that your losses added up quickly at the end, particularly with regard to clothing size? We need a few more data points here!

Totally, all of the sudden people were telling me how small I had gotten but yet I really had weighed the same for some time, well close to the same maybe a pound or 2 difference. I am in a smaller size clothing than before at the same weight and some of them are starting to get bigger so still losing inches. Seems to be coming off my legs and butt mostly which is the first place I gain and the last I lose from..... hoooorrrayyyyy. I mean my cellulite had cellulite.

When I consider that I was willing to spend $5k+ on liposuction to do the same as IP has done with no knife no recovery time no risk of surgery and I probably would have gained back the weight back just in different areas... IP is priceless and forever as long as I follow the protocal.

Novak 07-20-2010 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WannabeIP (Post 3395521)
Totally, all of the sudden people were telling me how small I had gotten but yet I really had weighed the same for some time, well close to the same maybe a pound or 2 difference. I am in a smaller size clothing than before at the same weight and some of them are starting to get bigger so still losing inches. Seems to be coming off my legs and butt mostly which is the first place I gain and the last I lose from..... hoooorrrayyyyy. I mean my cellulite had cellulite.

When I consider that I was willing to spend $5k+ on liposuction to do the same as IP has done with no knife no recovery time no risk of surgery and I probably would have gained back the weight back just in different areas... IP is priceless and forever as long as I follow the protocal.

Aha! So we've established that this pattern extends beyond my immediate family!!

(We're not related, are we?) :?:

WannabeIP 07-20-2010 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Novak (Post 3395575)
Aha! So we've established that this pattern extends beyond my immediate family!!

(We're not related, are we?) :?:

LOL, only in kindred spirit my freind :D I dont have any other really smart family members other than myself, baahaa haaa haaa. I can only say that on here...

yinyang 07-20-2010 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Novak (Post 3394338)
I don't want to put it on again either, and I refuse to do so! This program gives you such a powerful tool for managing your weight over the long term, it really is quite a gift.

Well, okay... a very expensive gift that you had to buy for yourself, but aren't you worth it? :D

I had to laugh about this one! I think I will always have the one day of IP products to buy, but like someone said, it is no more expensive, and less intrusive on our bodies than other solutions like lipo. But at least we know what to do about the inevitable ups and downs that go with living a life.

[quote=rocknrealtor;3394440]Whew.....
It's amazing how many people in the past 2 weeks who have asked me if I've had weight loss surgery!! LOL!!!

I am still amazed how people don't notice when a person has lost a huge amount of weight. Are we all that self-involved?

Also BevS....glad to hear about ketosis and my salad dressing. It is quite low carb, but does have some fat. It's what gets me through (mentally and taste wise) so I'm going to cont w/it, but limit it as much as possible.

I also have mainly made my salad dressings, as it has made me able to eat so much salad for such a long time, and still like it.

I'm with all of you too......I do NOT want to get heavy again. It's so difficult to have a long way to go all over again. I've given all of my BIG clothes to my sister who is about 40 lbs behind me........hopefully now I won't have an excuse to gain it back since if i do.....I'll have to be naked doing it!!! LOL!!

I thought about giving my big clothes to my sister too, but am at a loss as to how to go about that. She could use them, but she is sensitive and it is like saying I lost weight and you are still fat, so do you want my clothes!

I also think that for me, the long journey to IP, with many, many weight control plans and scams in my past, has made this a success for me. I have tried foods that I would not have touched in years past. This program is not for the faint of heart, at least initially. I just finally got to a place where I wanted to be healthy more than I wanted to eat and was able to decline at parties and social events without feeling deprived. My health was more of a payoff than the food of the moment.

kplus80 07-20-2010 01:26 PM

Thanks Novak, Bev, & Wannabe. Please excuse my denseness, but what is considered a slow carb? The veggies allowed in phase 1?

rocknrealtor 07-20-2010 04:31 PM

YinYang.....glad we tend to think alike! LOL!!!

I'd say talk to your sister and say "hey,,,, some of my clothes are getting kind of baggy since I'm losing on IP....I know we were the same size and if you'd like to borrow them I'd be glad to give them to you".

I mean really....it's only obvious that you are smaller than her now right? I'm hoping that my sister will go through the clothes quickly....plus it will save her money. She has not been in a size 14/16 for years and I know that she doesn't want to spend the money in a transition size!!! Keep up the great work!

BevS 07-20-2010 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Novak (Post 3395426)

Hi, Novak, Yes, I guess so size wise, anyway. But not so much with poundage. I am wearing sixes, eights, and smalls (started in 14's, 16's, and extra larges). However, unlike you, I did not continue to lose weight when I got to Phase 3 and Phase 4. I have been maintaining well though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kplus80 (Post 3395717)
Thanks Novak, Bev, & Wannabe. Please excuse my denseness, but what is considered a slow carb? The veggies allowed in phase 1?

No, the veggies aren't slow carbs. Slow carbs are starches like bread, potatoes, noodles, and rice. You want to separate those from a lot of fat.

pitakitten 07-20-2010 09:32 PM

hello All!

I have a feeling I'll be starting phase 3 ie: big breakfast soon as I was weighed at the gym today and I am smack right on 129.2 mark! I wasn't going to start it this weekend as I was worried about my weight. I am just so surprised as how my body is changing and reacting to things. I do credit some of it to the massive weight training that I have been doing.

anyways, BEVS and others, I'll be asking questions soon enough. I am going to grocery shop for it on Friday and start on Saturday. Lets hope I don't gain by thursday (next day at the gym).