Old 06-11-2010, 03:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 217/189/145

Height: 5'5

Default Bride 2 Be

Hi All,

my wedding is August 21 and I am nearly 1 week in on Ideal Protein. My starting weight is 217 and am wondering how much weight is reasonable to lose by the wedding if I am strict with the plan. I may need to cheat for my Bridal shower on July 11th.

I weighed myself this morning and I am down 5lbs....already starting to feel better and my clothes are a bit looser.

I'm really hoping to lose the extra weight by the wedding. My long term goal is 145...but I'm hoping by the wedding to be down to 175. Is this reasonable??

This site is great and I am looking forward to all your support. I tried ideal back in the fall and lost 25pds but really fell off the rails and gained back 13pds.
AugustBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 05:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by AugustBride View Post
Hi All,

my wedding is August 21 and I am nearly 1 week in on Ideal Protein. My starting weight is 217 and am wondering how much weight is reasonable to lose by the wedding if I am strict with the plan. I may need to cheat for my Bridal shower on July 11th.

I weighed myself this morning and I am down 5lbs....already starting to feel better and my clothes are a bit looser.

I'm really hoping to lose the extra weight by the wedding. My long term goal is 145...but I'm hoping by the wedding to be down to 175. Is this reasonable??

This site is great and I am looking forward to all your support. I tried ideal back in the fall and lost 25pds but really fell off the rails and gained back 13pds.
Your guess is really as good as ours given you are just starting out. Even with the cheat I can see you getting to 180 by Aug 21. You are highly likely to get to 175. I was able to lose more than 3 pounds a week for the first 10 weeks. I didn't cheat and did not have any restricted food items or occasional veggies. I didn't exercise. I have a slow thyroid so, that was really good for me. I would think you could easily do that too.
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 09:38 AM   #3  

Thanks Carla,

Your weight loss is amazing!!!! Congrats. I wish I could have buckled down sooner, but atleast I've started and have time to make pretty big strides.

I am down to 208.5 in one week....I'm sure it will slow down from here but it feels so good to see the scale going down.....

My mini goal is to get under 200.
Old 06-14-2010, 11:14 AM   #4  

Welcome AugustBride! Congrats on your first week's loss. Stick to the IP protocol and the pounds will melt off.

As for your bridal shower, rather than cheat you could always ask your bridal party to ensure that there are lots of IP-friendly foods (veggie platter, salad with oil & vinegar dressing) and drinks (water, Nestea Zero, water flavoured with a Splenda-based sweetener) available.

Alot of my family members have birthdays coming up this summer, so what I've already decided to do (to not suffer through watching everyone else enjoy birthday cake) is to make myself a dessert in advance...a chocolate cupcake (IP chocolate pancake/muffin mix) topped with either IP vanilla or chocolate pudding. Perhaps you can do the same. Since you have lots of time, rather than planning for a cheat, you can plan for success! Good luck!
Sweetstina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 11:52 AM   #5  

Thanks, Those are all real great ideas....I was just thinking that a cheat on the shower could really set me back a weeks worth of weightloss.
Old 06-14-2010, 12:59 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 151/133/125 (ID-June2nd)

Height: 5'3"

First of all, congrats ! And you'll feel extra awesome in your dress at 175. I think you'll be able to do it! Look at your good start already! You'll reach your mini goal in a blink of an eye

I hope I don't get too much into the wedding talk...but! My cousin lost a bunch of weight for her wedding that her seamstress couldn't even alter her dress that much anymore, I couldn't tell you what kind of 'style' it is. She had to go shopping for a new one, which I liked the 2nd one much better anyway, it was more her style (and mine too So hopefully you don't run into the same problem

Oh, I went to a potluck the other day, I brought one of those shrimp rings, and my own dressing to dip it in (just Walder Farms ranch dressing with olive oil and sea salt) and some veggies to add to their veggie tray (which was good because they had carrots, baby tomatos and snap peas!). I was thinking of ATTEMPTING to make crab stuffed mushrooms but I'm still trying to ponder that since it would taste kinda funny without dairy products.

Perhaps you could make it a 'challenge' by sending out your can and cannot list of things you can eat in Phase1 and the gal who makes/brings the best ID Phase1 appetizer would win a nice prize
AngieEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 02:10 PM   #7  

Thanks Angie,

I am really going to try hard to stay strict....I am staying away from the restricted foods and the bars in order to really focus. I see you are relatively new too. How have you been finding it? I have been really good the last week. I am a real foody....I love to cook but the only way I feel that I can resist food right now is if I don't think to much about it.

I have been sticking to shakes and making really good dinners and trying the rest of the time to focus on other things. This site has really helped me focus my energy on things other than food....my goal.

Have you been exercising? I am going to start tonight.
Old 06-14-2010, 02:19 PM   #8  

Quote:
Thanks Carla,

Your weight loss is amazing!!!! Congrats. I wish I could have buckled down sooner, but atleast I've started and have time to make pretty big strides.

I am down to 208.5 in one week....I'm sure it will slow down from here but it feels so good to see the scale going down.....

My mini goal is to get under 200.

If you are able to and willing to, follow the advice of Sweestina and Angie. You can't go wrong planning a healthy bridal shower.

Yes, it will slow down from 9 pounds a week! You may still be losing 3 to 5 pounds a week for a little while though! Some regular light exercise won't hurt you either. Just remember to keep your heart rate low. You are going for a bit of extra activity and calorie burn not training for a race at this stage!
Old 06-15-2010, 01:37 PM   #9  

Thanks Carla and everyone else....going through this site and seeing everyone's amazing results has me pumped to lose weight.

I feel so in control right now. Can't wait to get under 200!!!
Old 06-20-2010, 02:30 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 255/195/175

Question

Quote:
Thanks Angie,

I am really going to try hard to stay strict....I am staying away from the restricted foods and the bars in order to really focus. I see you are relatively new too. How have you been finding it? I have been really good the last week. I am a real foody....I love to cook but the only way I feel that I can resist food right now is if I don't think to much about it.

I have been sticking to shakes and making really good dinners and trying the rest of the time to focus on other things. This site has really helped me focus my energy on things other than food....my goal.

Have you been exercising? I am going to start tonight.
This site has really helped me to focus, also. When I need a little motivation it helps to come here and read the posts ---- you get so many good ideas!!

I think although I am just on day 13 - I will go swim a little and see how I feel. I've read that it is good to have a packet around an hour before exercise.

What kind of exercise did you do? How did you feel afterward?
elle12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 10:46 AM   #11  

HI Elle,

I have started walking the last few days.....just a brisk walk....I feel like I don't really have the energy for running....so I walk slower but for longer periods of time...yesterday I went for a nice slow paced walk but for 2 hours. I use to spin and job but I am scared of over doing it considering we are taking in so few calories. But exercise really helps the scale...I also need to have some tone for the wedding pics so I am going to start doing some light weights too. I also spend some time doing situps and leg exercises while I watch tv at night...it is helping.

Today is officially the start of my third week and I am down 12 pds....feeling really good!!!
Old 06-29-2010, 12:46 AM   #12  

Default dog name

to showgirlaz;

I haven't read all posts, but after seeing the picture of your new dog, I thought of "Lace" or "Lacy" - Levi and Lace ??? very cute dog!
spatime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 01:38 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by spatime View Post
to showgirlaz;

I haven't read all posts, but after seeing the picture of your new dog, I thought of "Lace" or "Lacy" - Levi and Lace ??? very cute dog!
Aww. thanks! She is so cute. Such a little girl, a bit of a prissy but so casual/relax, and HAPPY. I named her Chanel playing off the fashion theme with Levi and Chanel... denim and dressy. She responds really well to the name so we are both happy!