3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Chat - Week of June 7 - 13 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/203945-ip-chat-week-june-7-13-a.html)

jordanna 06-07-2010 09:19 AM

IP Chat - Week of June 7 - 13

Hiya everyone,

new week - new thread :)

Here is the link to last weeks thread:

IP Chat Week of May 31 - June 6

neeseebaby22 06-07-2010 10:06 AM

I've Been Off Ip For A Week And Gain 2lbs But Thats Ok Because Ive Been Back At It Starting Yesterday. I Went To The Er For Abdominal Pain And Found Out I Have A Bladder Infection So Im Taking Antibiotics As Well. I Feel So Ugh Taking So Much Pills But I Know I Have To Take Them. Ive Been Feeling Soooo Unmotivated. Please Sendsome Encouraing Words To Keep Me Moivated!

xanthia 06-07-2010 10:14 AM

Natural Girl: I did try the egg, and I didn't love the taste. I REALLY like the taste of my soy protein (GNC), and I miss it tons. It is comparable to the IP packets (actually more protein) but I'm trying to give the IP packets a whirl. I don't watch soy as much as I used to since I don't have a thyroid, it doesn't affect it anymore ;)

SylvieG 06-07-2010 10:15 AM

Hi everyone! My home computer died and I won't be able to review this weekend posts and may not have as much time to monitor the new threads... Will be reading the 10-lbs challenge so if anything rises-up, please PM me!

Phase 2 is going well, still loosing!! Starting phase 3 friday morning and worried a little...

BevS 06-07-2010 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neeseebaby22 (Post 3328332)
I've Been Off Ip For A Week And Gain 2lbs But Thats Ok Because Ive Been Back At It Starting Yesterday. I Went To The Er For Abdominal Pain And Found Out I Have A Bladder Infection So Im Taking Antibiotics As Well. I Feel So Ugh Taking So Much Pills But I Know I Have To Take Them. Ive Been Feeling Soooo Unmotivated. Please Sendsome Encouraing Words To Keep Me Moivated!

Hi, neesee, Good job getting back on. Sorry you have an infection. Be sure to drink plenty of water to flush it out of your system and keep it from coming back. Take some probiotics, but not at the same time you take your antibiotics. A couple of hours before or after you take the antibiotic. If you take them at the same time, the antibiotics will kill the good bacteria along with the bad stuff you want to kill. That'll help you not get a yeast infection too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xanthia (Post 3328351)
Natural Girl: I did try the egg, and I didn't love the taste. I REALLY like the taste of my soy protein (GNC), and I miss it tons. It is comparable to the IP packets (actually more protein) but I'm trying to give the IP packets a whirl. I don't watch soy as much as I used to since I don't have a thyroid, it doesn't affect it anymore ;)

If you really prefer your soy protein, Dr. Tran says you can have a "measure of protein" instead of the packet if you want. Check out his site if you haven't already: www.trantiendiet.com.

natural girl 06-07-2010 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xanthia (Post 3328351)

Oh no, that's what I worry about. Do you know what brand i was? Definitely can't do soy. I have a thyroid but soy just scares me. You should be careful that any soy you eat is organic it is one of the highest GMO crops in the US.

neeseebaby22 06-07-2010 10:52 AM

To Bevs:
Oh Noooooo! How Far Apart Should I Take Them? I Took My Antibiotic At 7:30 This Morning. Havent Been Pooping Either (sorry Tmi) Do You Know Anything I Can Take For That As Well?<<<thanx For The Info>>>

Also, Are There Anyone On Here From Fort Lauderdale, Fl? I Need A Walking Buddy :(

mamaerinb 06-07-2010 11:00 AM

got on my scale at my mother's house this morning when i dropped the kiddos off, said 170 and was thrilled-got to work 174, what the heck! i think i like my mom's scales better ;)

QueenJumbie 06-07-2010 11:06 AM

I haven't lost anything over the weekend. I like to see weekend loss because I struggle the most with my new lifestyle then. I hadn't had enough water, so maybe that's the problem.

TXRealtor 06-07-2010 12:34 PM

Hi guys,
Bad news. I weighed in today and lost only 0.9 lbs for the second week. Maybe I should go back to daily weigh ins, so I know why the loss is small.
As I said I bought the Costco protein but would not recommend it. I liked the taste of the powder muscle milk so much better. Premier Protein has that mediciny after taste (multivitamin taste?) but I'll finish what I got and go back to powder. I have only had one of the cans, so 35 to go!

Lindora bars do not get to you in the best of shape. It is probabely due to Houston hellish climate. My son who is doing a semi-Atkins opened one and I saw that it doesn't look vey good. The husband had all other 6 thinking he was doing himself a favor! he is the one who eats and eats and has a normal weight.

Rather than these, I am pretty depressed with a loss less than a pound for a week. No dark keto-sticks either but I thought I wouldn't care about that since I had lost weight the first week. My body does ok with any diet for a week or two and then I stop losing weight. It is discouraging and I want to eat a peanut butter sandwich so badly (I won't, don't worry, not today any way). I'll wait one more week and see what happens. I haven't gotten the stuff I ordered from healthcoop but am taking mag and potassium and calcium and multivitamins of my own for now. Does anyone see a trend with people who go IP vs. those of us who do the alternative IP as far as weight loss? Help!!!

chimpchamp 06-07-2010 12:40 PM

To TXRealtor So sorry you don't like the Premier Protein tetra paks. I look forward to one each day! Compared to a lot of pre-packaged protein drinks, I think they are pretty tasty!

proudmommy09 06-07-2010 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TXRealtor (Post 3328616)
Hi guys,
Bad news. I weighed in today and lost only 0.9 lbs for the second week. Maybe I should go back to daily weigh ins, so I know why the loss is small.
As I said I bought the Costco protein but would not recommend it. I liked the taste of the powder muscle milk so much better. Premier Protein has that mediciny after taste (multivitamin taste?) but I'll finish what I got and go back to powder. I have only had one of the cans, so 35 to go!

Lindora bars do not get to you in the best of shape. It is probabely due to Houston hellish climate. My son who is doing a semi-Atkins opened one and I saw that it doesn't look vey good. The husband had all other 6 thinking he was doing himself a favor! he is the one who eats and eats and has a normal weight.

Rather than these, I am pretty depressed with a loss less than a pound for a week. No dark keto-sticks either but I thought I wouldn't care about that since I had lost weight the first week. My body does ok with any diet for a week or two and then I stop losing weight. It is discouraging and I want to eat a peanut butter sandwich so badly (I won't, don't worry, not today any way). I'll wait one more week and see what happens. I haven't gotten the stuff I ordered from healthcoop but am taking mag and potassium and calcium and multivitamins of my own for now. Does anyone see a trend with people who go IP vs. those of us who do the alternative IP as far as weight loss? Help!!!

hang in there, next week you could see a huge loss i certainly hope that the weightloss is not slower with alternative products,

BevS 06-07-2010 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neeseebaby22 (Post 3328433)
To Bevs:
Oh Noooooo! How Far Apart Should I Take Them? I Took My Antibiotic At 7:30 This Morning. Havent Been Pooping Either (sorry Tmi) Do You Know Anything I Can Take For That As Well?<<<thanx For The Info>>>

Hi, neesee, take a probiotic at least 2 hours after you take your antibiotic, and don't take another antibiotic until it has been at least 2 hours since your probiotic dose. I haven't needed any laxatives, but I was given the following information in my quick-start package:

"If you are not having a bowel movement every day, increase water and vegetables intake in addition to unlimited green salads. If constipation persists for 2 days, try doubling up on the calcium/magnesium supplement. Please note however,... extra calcium can be constipating for some dieters. In these cases, keep the recommended 4 cal/mag tablets per day but add one tablespoon of citrate of magnesia twice a day until relieved. A maintenance dose of one teaspoon once or twice a day may be used to maintain regularity. This product can be found in any grocery store or pharmacy in the laxative section. It is very inexpensive and very effective. If the client notes that they are prone to constipation, you may be well advised to take a 'pre-emptive measure' and recommend they add a couple of teaspoons of Citrate of Magnesia per day."

Quote:

Originally Posted by TXRealtor (Post 3328616)
Does anyone see a trend with people who go IP vs. those of us who do the alternative IP as far as weight loss? Help!!!

Hi, TX, I don't know about everyone else, but I didn't have a problem losing with alternatives. Other people have lost as well. Some people have also had problems with IP. Re-read your materials or Dr. Tran's site and make sure you're following everything the way you should. Try to relax. Give things a good try before giving up.

Sweetstina 06-07-2010 01:30 PM

I just wanted to thank all of you for all your advice, suggestions, support, etc. It's great to have such an invaluable resource at our fingertips and to hear "real" stories from "real" people going through the same things that I am...whether they involve success or struggle. This forum has been an awesome source of motivation and inspiration! :)

I have my 5th weigh in coming up tonight and I'm feeling really good about it. So far 3 work colleagues have complimented me on my weight loss this morning...what a great way to start the week! Best wishes to all!

carlasherea 06-07-2010 01:32 PM

So I find myself getting pretty lax on the program. I'm not cheating but I am not fulfulling all of the requirements either. The odds of me getting my oil, sea salt and 4 cups of veggies in everyday are not good at all. I'm hoping now that school is out and I'm off for 2 months that I will have more time to prepare my food and focus a little more. I am pretty close to my goal. I am excited to try Phase 3 and see if I still lose. I think 150 is looking pretty good now, so I might change my goal weight by 10 more lbs. I find that I am still not craving anything bad, but with summer here I sure would like some fruit.
I miss fruit the most!!

pitakitten 06-07-2010 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamaerinb (Post 3328445)
got on my scale at my mother's house this morning when i dropped the kiddos off, said 170 and was thrilled-got to work 174, what the heck! i think i like my mom's scales better ;)

I still haven't found my scales, and I am so happy that I haven't. However, I did purchase ketostix and I swear they are not worth the mess they cause.

Along other notes: the only person who I found that was supportive of me being on this diet has been my sister. I hadn't seen her for 2 years and she was so proud of me. She basically said screw everyone else' comments, that I look great and if I am loving it then nothing else matters. She was saying that I actually look "tight"; that I did use to weight less say 5 years ago but now I look tight...I think she was refering to stomach area as that has been my biggest loss so far.

onwards with the week and forgetting about friday & saturday night!

Also, hoping that I loose a bit more by july 4 week.

jordanna 06-07-2010 02:09 PM

Well I didn't re-lose the full 3 lbs I gained yesterday but I was down 3.9 lbs at my weigh in this week so I guess I can't complain at that.

I'm also done the first week of the C25K - yay me :)

chimpchamp 06-07-2010 02:11 PM

TO JORDANNA Just curious why you are going to take time off from IP for a while.

jordanna 06-07-2010 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chimpchamp (Post 3328767)
TO JORDANNA Just curious why you are going to take time off from IP for a while.

There are a couple of reasons:

1. I've been on it for 5 months straight and I feel like I need to take a break from such a restrictive program.

2. I'm going to be away for three weeks on the east coast and I don't want to be so restricted while I'm gone. (I'm still going to follow phase 4 to a T).

3. My coach thinks it would be beneficial to shake things up a bit. She said my weight loss will increase again once I get back on program later this summer.

I'll start phasing out on June 21, be on maintenance as of July 19th and then phasing back in to phase 1 on August 16th....that's the plan anyway :)

xanthia 06-07-2010 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by natural girl (Post 3328375)
Oh no, that's what I worry about. Do you know what brand i was? Definitely can't do soy. I have a thyroid but soy just scares me. You should be careful that any soy you eat is organic it is one of the highest GMO crops in the US.

I tried the Jay Robb brand I believe. It wasn't horrible (I found EAS unbearable in taste) but it wasn't awesome. They have individual packets at my Whole Foods that are easier than shelling out all the $$ for a big tub.

chimpchamp 06-07-2010 02:22 PM

To Jordanna Thanks. I was just curious if it was to kind of give your body a break and shake things up a bit. Best to you.....5 months is a long time to be on it so a break will be great and you'll probably have some surprisingly nice losses when you get back on protocol.

jordanna 06-07-2010 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chimpchamp (Post 3328794)
To Jordanna Thanks. I was just curious if it was to kind of give your body a break and shake things up a bit. Best to you.....5 months is a long time to be on it so a break will be great and you'll probably have some surprisingly nice losses when you get back on protocol.

That's what I'm hoping :) Plus it will be so nice to eat some fruit and dairy again!

AngieEH 06-07-2010 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jordanna (Post 3328798)
That's what I'm hoping :) Plus it will be so nice to eat some fruit and dairy again!

nooo kidding! 5 days without fruit and dairy is already starting to get to me, let alone a 5 month withdraw.

mepeterson 06-07-2010 02:39 PM

Question:
I have finally tried the rhubarb mixture everyone was talking about. OMG it is very tasty. I made mine with some Davinci Sugar Free Vanilla Syrup, cinn, nutmeg, and a dash of molly Mcbutter. I did not even need the splenda. It was delish. I was wondering becuase I am getting several differient results, if someone could tell me the carb count. I had two cups. Also I thought I read that it can cause loose stool if you eat to much. Does that mean I should not have it for lunch and dinner? I have not officially gone back on the ip program as I am waiting until after Hawaii (leave in one week) but I am trying to really watch what I am eating a bit more carefull. I think I posted on here that after phasing off the program I did really well for a month or so but then went to vegas for 12 days. I have gained 7lbs but I feel like it is 100lbs. My clothes are not any tighter but I feel heavier in the stomach. I will be happy to restart IP after we get back and loose the rest of the weight for good.

TXRealtor 06-07-2010 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BevS (Post 3328669)
"If you are not having a bowel movement every day, increase water and vegetables intake in addition to unlimited green salads. If constipation persists for 2 days, try doubling up on the calcium/magnesium supplement. Please note however,... extra calcium can be constipating for some dieters. In these cases, keep the recommended 4 cal/mag tablets per day but add one tablespoon of citrate of magnesia twice a day until relieved. A maintenance dose of one teaspoon once or twice a day may be used to maintain regularity. This product can be found in any grocery store or pharmacy in the laxative section. It is very inexpensive and very effective. If the client notes that they are prone to constipation, you may be well advised to take a 'pre-emptive measure' and recommend they add a couple of teaspoons of Citrate of Magnesia per day."

Hi, TX, I don't know about everyone else, but I didn't have a problem losing with alternatives. Other people have lost as well. Some people have also had problems with IP. Re-read your materials or Dr. Tran's site and make sure you're following everything the way you should. Try to relax. Give things a good try before giving up.

The advice above is good for me too as I am still having that problem.
Also, don't worry about the protein. I may grow to like it. i remembered when I got to work that I could have put some cinnamone to it and it would make a difference.

Please do continue to share all your finding with us. You guys are my only source of information. i am on the computer a lot but for other reasons and can't google every little thing. Thanks again.

pitakitten 06-07-2010 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TXRealtor (Post 3328829)
The advice above is good for me too as I am still having that problem.
Also, don't worry about the protein. I may grow to like it. i remembered when I got to work that I could have put some cinnamone to it and it would make a difference.

Please do continue to share all your finding with us. You guys are my only source of information. i am on the computer a lot but for other reasons and can't google every little thing. Thanks again.

I have been using a product called Slim Tea (once per week) and it really helps, beside the fact that its herbal tea and very delcious.

TXRealtor 06-07-2010 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pitakitten (Post 3328844)
I have been using a product called Slim Tea (once per week) and it really helps, beside the fact that its herbal tea and very delcious.

Where do you get it from?

natural girl 06-07-2010 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xanthia (Post 3328784)
I tried the Jay Robb brand I believe. It wasn't horrible (I found EAS unbearable in taste) but it wasn't awesome. They have individual packets at my Whole Foods that are easier than shelling out all the $$ for a big tub.

That's the brand I was gonna try lol. Good advice I think that store had singles of the vanilla & choc. Amazon also has one called MRM that is highly rated and much cheaper 24 oz for $30 with ship but I hate getting it and not like it and it doesn't say from hormone free chix and that like the Jay Robb brand does. I am almost done with my IP packs that have casein then I will do just whey for at least a week and see if I feel any different. Isn't this terrible to have problems digesting things that are in almost all food?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jordanna (Post 3328798)

I so miss my green smoothies for breakfast!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mepeterson (Post 3328826)
Question:
I have finally tried the rhubarb mixture everyone was talking about. OMG it is very tasty. I made mine with some Davinci Sugar Free Vanilla Syrup, cinn, nutmeg, and a dash of molly Mcbutter. I did not even need the splenda. It was delish. I was wondering becuase I am getting several differient results, if someone could tell me the carb count. I had two cups. Also I thought I read that it can cause loose stool if you eat to much. Does that mean I should not have it for lunch and dinner? I have not officially gone back on the ip program as I am waiting until after Hawaii (leave in one week) but I am trying to really watch what I am eating a bit more carefull. I think I posted on here that after phasing off the program I did really well for a month or so but then went to vegas for 12 days. I have gained 7lbs but I feel like it is 100lbs. My clothes are not any tighter but I feel heavier in the stomach. I will be happy to restart IP after we get back and loose the rest of the weight for good.

I would not eat rhubarb for 2 meals that is alot of carbs and you might get a stomach ache. I know the feeling you have in your stomach I get that if I eat grains. Have fun in Hawaii gosh I haven't been there since our honeymoon almost 14 years ago. I so want to go back!

pitakitten 06-07-2010 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TXRealtor (Post 3328850)
Where do you get it from?

I get it from Vancouver B.Cs china town BUT I just did a google on line and you can buy it online too. google "Triple Leaves Brand Extra Strength Nature-Slim". boxes are green with black writting. It usually works withing 6 hours or so, I normally take it before bed time when I know I am not working the next day. this is exactly what I have http://www.oriental-village.com/us/Tea/TE033-NASL.html.

Journeysend 06-07-2010 03:51 PM

Well back from WI..down 2.2 lbs and only 1 inch..but I will take that..so so close to onederland.......only 3.2lbs away.....maybe next WI!!!!

xanthia 06-07-2010 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by natural girl (Post 3328920)
I so miss my green smoothies for breakfast!

OMG me too! I used to green smoothie everyday, but no fruit/banana isn't going to work out for me. EEK.

chimpchamp 06-07-2010 04:56 PM

Just saw this on another thread and it kind of makes me wonder about all protein drinks now.

I was reading in Consumer Reports magazine about heavy metals found in protein drinks. The metals that were tested were: arsenic, cadmium, lead and mercury. Two of the protein drinks that were found to have high levels were Muscle Milk and EAS Myoplex.

Muscle Milk Chocolate: 5.6 Cadium (Max is 5) 13.5 Lead (Max is 10)
Muscle Milk Vanilla Creme: 12.2 Lead
EAS Myoplex Original Dark Chocolate Shake (liquid): 16.9 Arsenic (Max is 15) 5.1 Cadium

mamaerinb 06-07-2010 05:06 PM

congrats Journeysend!! You're so close!

pookee 06-07-2010 05:26 PM

I hope everyone keeps up the good work and remembers to ignore the naysayers - they are just JEALOUS of how good YOU look and are trying to make themselves feel better about themselves.

Kelsey 06-07-2010 05:28 PM

What PICKLES do you guys eat??? I'm not a big pickle eater, but I'm gonna buy some... I need ideas. :)

michelemomof6 06-07-2010 05:34 PM

Hi All i'm new here...I'm enjoying all the new info.I have begun my 5th week on IP.So far at last weeks weigh in I was down 18lbs.I love this diet.

pookee 06-07-2010 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelsey (Post 3329090)
What PICKLES do you guys eat??? I'm not a big pickle eater, but I'm gonna buy some... I need ideas. :)

I bought organic pickles from Planet Organic - they had the lowest sodium content and no sugar.... fabulous taste!!

BevS 06-07-2010 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelsey (Post 3329090)

I eat Mt. Olive no-sugar added sweet gherkins sweetened with splenda.

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelemomof6 (Post 3329098)
Hi All i'm new here...I'm enjoying all the new info.I have begun my 5th week on IP.So far at last weeks weigh in I was down 18lbs.I love this diet.

Welcome, Michele!

mamaerinb 06-07-2010 06:18 PM

pookee
:hug: you'll get through this, with or without IP. don't stress about it, get back in when you feel like you can be 100%(or at least 98%!!;)) just remember to eat healthy during times of stress because fatty, sugary and artificial foods can make you feeleven worse.

hope things start looking up for you soon

ChelleFL 06-07-2010 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neeseebaby22 (Post 3328433)
To Bevs:

Also, Are There Anyone On Here From Fort Lauderdale, Fl? I Need A Walking Buddy :(

I posted to you awhile ago, guess you missed it. I believe we have the same coach. I'm in NE Broward so too far away. I walk 2 miles 3 - 5x/week, but it has been so hot (80 at 7am today).

You have to take the olive oil everyday. If you don't, you will get constipated. Also, if you do have the same coach, I'm sure she gave you Cleansemore. Take 1 at night before bed. You should be ok the next day.