3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Walden Farms on IP (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/203746-walden-farms-ip.html)

BrittStar027 06-04-2010 09:54 PM

Walden Farms on IP

How many of you guys out there use Walden Farms products on Ideal Protein? Are they really IP compatible? What do you like the most?

1FCuser 06-04-2010 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrittStar027 (Post 3324930)
How many of you guys out there use Walden Farms products on Ideal Protein? Are they really IP compatible? What do you like the most?

Yes, they're compatible. Most of the coach sell them with their products. They're compatible because they're 0 everything. Even if they're supposed to be zero, be careful because they're in fact not zero if you eat more than 1 tbsp that is suggested on the packet.

I really like :
the Thousand Island dressing
the ranch dressing
the strawberry jam
Maple syrup (taste like butterscotch)

Ok :
Honey Dijon dressing (but seriously, just mix some 0 cal dijon with white vinegar and olive oil... It'll be sooo much better !)
Mayo is ok also, although I only use it to cut in half my real low fat mayo if I need some)
Chocolate syrup

Disgusting :
Peannut butter

Hope this help :)

BrittStar027 06-04-2010 10:41 PM

Thank you for your input. I bought the barbecue sauce, ketchup, strawberry syrup and chocolate syrup today (i live about thirty minutes away from a store that sells WF so i went a little crazy). I tried all of those as soon as i got home, and so far they're pretty good. They'll definitely add a little excitement to the diet. I did buy the honey mustard dressing and really did not like it. I'm going to order the mayo on their website tonight (didn't have it at the store), i really miss chicken salad. What do you put the strawberry jam and maple syrup on???

1FCuser 06-04-2010 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrittStar027 (Post 3324985)
Thank you for your input. I bought the barbecue sauce, ketchup, strawberry syrup and chocolate syrup today (i live about thirty minutes away from a store that sells WF so i went a little crazy). I tried all of those as soon as i got home, and so far they're pretty good. They'll definitely add a little excitement to the diet. I did buy the honey mustard dressing and really did not like it. I'm going to order the mayo on their website tonight (didn't have it at the store), i really miss chicken salad. What do you put the strawberry jam and maple syrup on???

Strawberry jam, I use it on my vanilla pudding that I froze a while, than microwave a little jam, and put it on top of my frozed pudding. It's like a sundae !

Maple syrup, I use it on the IP pancakes, in some home made dressings, and in my IP vanilla pudding with 300 ml water to make it as a shake :)

BrittStar027 06-04-2010 11:05 PM

I'm not eating any restricted food yet, so i'll save the maple syrup (can't wait!). The pudding with the strawberry jam sounds so good! I have my weigh-in tomorrow, so i'm going to grab a vanilla pudding and try that with the strawberry syrup. Thanks for your help, i really appreciate it! Food has been so boring lately and has made the diet somewhat discouraging (i won't go off it because it really works), and i really think the WF things will help jazz things up a bit.

rinoa1823 06-05-2010 10:58 AM

my favorite is the Thousand Island...I use it to make a IP friendly Turkey reuben...I take a few whole leaves of Iceburg lettuce as my base, my 5oz of turkey, top with sauerkraut and the WF thousand island...it is yummy :)

BrittStar027 06-05-2010 11:50 AM

Found a really good site to order Walden Farms stuff on... www.netrition.com The WF website was really expensive!

AngieEH 06-06-2010 02:40 PM

I just did a search online to see who sells them in town so I'm gonna go grab some stuff today. I'm excited for the chocolate dip because I LOOOOOOOOVE chocolate. I read on this site, in one of the very big threads, that someone uses candy mold and freezes it... that sounds soo grand. I can't wait. It's only Day 5 for me on IP and my cravings are killing me... it doesn't help that I've been to two BBQ's and watched ppl eat chips, fruits, and such :(

I'm gonna buy the thousand island stuff as suggested by Lady5andy. I came across some other reviews when I googled reviews and it seems that's the most popular favourite.

AngieEH 06-06-2010 07:02 PM

So I bought the WF like I said I would and I also bought 1 packet of Italian to keep in my purse for restaurant emergencies... wish I had it with me yesterday because I had only breakfast + lunch by 5pm and didn't have anything until 11pm... and I'm just in phase1

anyway
I will try the Thousand Island probably tomorrow. But I did freeze some chocolate dip into candy molds and wow, is it ever SWEET. One itty bitty tiny bite and that's it for me. Def makes my sweet tooth fall out and not want anything sweet for awhile

chouchoubou 06-06-2010 07:36 PM

i just have to say that the mayo was really gross for me. I bought it on sale though, perhaps this is why the flavor was really off-putting? idk

BrittStar027 06-06-2010 07:46 PM

I got the barbecue sauce (thick and spicy), ketchup, strawberry sauce, and chocolate sauce. So far, they're all good and have really helped make dinners been more interesting. I've tried the honey dijon dressing and the ranch and really don't like either. I think i'm giving up on the dressings. My trial and error is getting costly. I put the strawberry sauce and a vanilla drink with some ice in the blender. So good. I just ordered a bunch of stuff online and i'm hoping those are good too. Keeping my fingers crossed!

AngieEH 06-06-2010 08:03 PM

I've seen reviews about Mayo being split down the middle. Some love it and some dislike it. I was thinking of making devilled eggs with either that or extra virgin olive oil and see if i can get something creamy out of that.

BrittStar027. I loove ranch and i ALMOST picked up honey dijon so that's disappointing that you didn't like either. I'm gonna give ranch a try anyway, because i want something to dip my raw veggies in. When I do I'll have togive you a comparison of ranch and thousand island

you'll have to update us on your purchase when you get them

Sweetstina 06-06-2010 08:05 PM

I really like the WF Ranch dressing for salads. I buy the WF chocolate syrup and WF peanut spread to add into the blender with the IP puddings, water and ice to make a delicious shake. The WF marshmallow dip is also good - I use it as a "frosting" on mini chocolate cupcakes made with the IP chocolate pancake/muffin mix. I bought the WF strawberry spread and put it in the blender with the IP vanilla pudding mix, some cooked rhubarb, water and ice to make a strawberry rhubarb shake that was good.

doxigirl 06-06-2010 08:19 PM

Brittstar027:

I am new to IP as well. My coach gave me a free sample of WF Seafood dressing the day I picked up my first order. They sell the products to their clients.

I found some thousand island and ranch dressing in a local grocery store. I absolutely love the ranch on my chicken and romaine lettuce salads. I have not tried the others on anything yet. I did order about six more products on the internet. I'll let you know what I think when I get them.

chouchoubou 06-06-2010 08:33 PM

OH and also The Creamy Bacon. That was gross on a stick!! But i happened to find a few uses for their ketchup. I use it more as a tomato sauce, if anything. but it doesnt taste bad at all on a burger if you are truely missing that ketchup flavor.

I'll have to try their bbq sauce seems most everyone says that it's good!

BrittStar027 06-06-2010 09:08 PM

I don't know what it is about the dressings. I just can't get into them. I'll give them another try soon. They're not going anywhere, just sitting in my fridge. I've been making the IP raspberry viniagrette. I REALLY like that (1/2 tsp IP raspberry jelly, 1/2 teaspoon of Mrs Dash (i like the onion and herb personally), 1 tablespoon of oil (grapeseed is perfect) and vinegar and salt to taste).

The ketchup isn't bad at all. Kinda tastes like tomato soup. I'm going to try and make meatloaf with that or the barbecue sauce. I ordered the mayo, peanut butter, raspberry fruit spread, pancake syrup and the caramel dip. I'm hoping those are good. My diet coach is moving her IP portion of her business to a new location and is going to start carrying all the WF products. It'll be nice not to have to drive thirty minutes away or order them online. I'll definitely let everyone know how they are when they get here!

AngieEH 06-07-2010 08:07 PM

just tried the thousand island, and i'll def buy it again!

I made the salad with
-romaine lettuce
-cucumbers
-red onions
-shrimp
-broccoli

thumbs up

BrittStar027 06-08-2010 09:30 PM

Ok, so i just got my WF stuff. I have tried everything but the mayo, and it's great! I made a chocolate peanut butter "milkshake" with a pre-made vanilla drink, a little chocolate syrup and a little peanut butter. So good!!! These products have definitely helped me with the diet. I don't feel like i need restricted food because i have new exciting things to have!

BrittStar027 06-08-2010 10:02 PM

Now that i'm loving the WF products. What is the max you're supposed to have in a day???

1FCuser 06-08-2010 10:10 PM

I've changed my mind lol ! WF peanut butter is disgusting by itself, but a scoop in a shake vanilla or chocolate, and I'm in heaven..

I think most of the WF products aren't good when tasted alone, but in a shake, a pancake or something, it's goooood!

BrittStar027 06-08-2010 10:20 PM

Mixing is definitely the way to go!

1FCuser 06-08-2010 10:31 PM

Hey Britt !

You said you don't like the dressing. Have you tried mixing half WF dressing, and 1 tbsp olive oil, some mister dash, and some lemon ?

Because I don't really like honey dijon, I mix it with olive oil, mrs dash, some real dijon mustard and some lemon juice. That's good :)

BrittStar027 06-08-2010 10:39 PM

Sandy,

I haven't tried that, but i will! I'm officially hooked on my peanut butter/chocolate shake. Just finished it and it might be my new favorite. I have to start experimenting with the dressings. I've been living off the one i make with the IP raspberry jello, which is soooo good. I just don't want to get sick of it. I'm also afraid i'm eating too much WF stuff in a day. I'm only having a tablespoon at a time, but once or twice throughout the day. Does that matter?

DedicatedLoser 06-10-2010 02:04 AM

Their bbq sauce is absolutely amazing

DedicatedLoser 06-10-2010 02:05 AM

oh but forgot to say!
i bought the raspberry jam as well as the caramel and UGH those were just too much to bare..
but the bbq sause is delish
anyone have anyone have any suggestions? im going to go to the skinny pantry and get some soon

BrittStar027 06-10-2010 09:11 AM

I really like the barbecue sauce, strawberry syrup, pancake syrup, and chocolate syrup. The peanut butter is good if you mix it into something (i like mixing it with a vanilla drink and chocolate syrup and ice).

beckywelch 06-10-2010 09:18 AM

I found the dressings at the grocery store yesterday, for less than the WF website but more than the netrition site (not counting shipping charges). I bought the 1000 island and honey dijon...definitely liked the 1000 better than the honey dijon, but aside from them being kinda watery they weren't too bad. I'm going to hunt down the peanut butter because I think I miss that most of all right now...

Today is day 4 for me...should I notice a transition into ketosis, or is this why I'm so tired?

1FCuser 06-10-2010 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrittStar027 (Post 3331510)
Sandy,

I haven't tried that, but i will! I'm officially hooked on my peanut butter/chocolate shake. Just finished it and it might be my new favorite. I have to start experimenting with the dressings. I've been living off the one i make with the IP raspberry jello, which is soooo good. I just don't want to get sick of it. I'm also afraid i'm eating too much WF stuff in a day. I'm only having a tablespoon at a time, but once or twice throughout the day. Does that matter?

I don't think I'll really matter, maybe will add like 1 carb or two, but it's sure that if you're eating all the jar in one time, maybe then you should be careful ;)

I'm trying not to eat too much because I don't find them natural, so I don't want to add many chemicals a day in my body. I think it's as you wich ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by beckywelch (Post 3333852)
I found the dressings at the grocery store yesterday, for less than the WF website but more than the netrition site (not counting shipping charges). I bought the 1000 island and honey dijon...definitely liked the 1000 better than the honey dijon, but aside from them being kinda watery they weren't too bad. I'm going to hunt down the peanut butter because I think I miss that most of all right now...

Today is day 4 for me...should I notice a transition into ketosis, or is this why I'm so tired?

Be careful about the peanut butter, alone it's yucky! Mixed with something it's good thought.

For the ketosis, you''ll probably have bad breath, and you'll stop being tired and stop being hungry. If you're tired, you're probably not in ketosis for the moment ! :hug:

doxigirl 06-10-2010 10:14 AM

I just finished my first week. I have been in Ketosis since day three. I keep hearing people say you will not be hungry in Ketosis. I have not found this to be true. I am eating everything and still find myself hungry before and after lunch. Just wondering when this will end?

showgirlaz 06-10-2010 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doxigirl (Post 3333970)
I just finished my first week. I have been in Ketosis since day three. I keep hearing people say you will not be hungry in Ketosis. I have not found this to be true. I am eating everything and still find myself hungry before and after lunch. Just wondering when this will end?

How much Oil are you getting? Like Omega oils?

You might try increasing it just a little bit at a time. Some people need a higher fat content or they burn food too quickly, feel famished more than others. Don't increase it too much or you will add calories that will slow you down even though you are in ketosis. Initially, I only used 2 tsp of oil.. It wasn't enough. I even stalled in loss. Now, I seem to be picking up in my loss again and... I take in 2 tbsp a day!

You also need to adjust to being on a MUCH lower calorie diet. That takes a little bit sometimes.

doxigirl 06-10-2010 08:18 PM

showgirlaz: Thanks for the info. I am getting 4000mg of omega oil. I did start out slow with the olive oil. I just increased from 2tsp to 2tbs a couple days ago. That does seem to help.

showgirlaz 06-10-2010 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doxigirl (Post 3335004)
showgirlaz: Thanks for the info. I am getting 4000mg of omega oil. I did start out slow with the olive oil. I just increased from 2tsp to 2tbs a couple days ago. That does seem to help.

Try using herb teas. I know it sounds crazy but somehow I think the warmth helps soothe the stomach cramps/emptiness.

I like ginger teas, peppermint, real red raspberry, red clover, nettle, chai spice, licorice, and a good black tea (PG Tips is my fav). The Herb teas are good in other ways too as the herbal elements are deemed somewhat medicinal. That isn't a proven thing in most circles. You can research one you are interested in and then decide for yourself.

elle12 06-10-2010 08:26 PM

Thanks for the WF peanut butter idea for the IP shakes --- I almost threw out my WF peanut butter because I used it to dip my celery sticks in and it was horrible!! (not the right consistancy at all)

Does anyone know of a way I can make the WF ranch dressing taste better?

AngieEH 06-10-2010 10:44 PM

I bought a bottle of Ranch from my coach yesterday and I like it

BrittStar027 06-10-2010 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle12 (Post 3335019)
Thanks for the WF peanut butter idea for the IP shakes --- I almost threw out my WF peanut butter because I used it to dip my celery sticks in and it was horrible!! (not the right consistancy at all)

Does anyone know of a way I can make the WF ranch dressing taste better?

Check one of the earlier posts in this topic. There was a really good suggestion on how to doctor up the ranch dressing. I still can't get myself to like it though.

salesgod 06-11-2010 01:35 PM

Target

My local Target has 4 different kinds of the WF dressings - Ranch, Honey Dijon, Caesar and Thousand Island. They also have the mayo and the ketchup. The dressings cost less there than anywhere else I've found, online included.

If you buy in quantity, they're pretty cheap from Amazon.com. I've just never needed 12 bottles of WF ranch...

I like to add a little splenda, some dried parsley and some dried dill weed to my WF Ranch, plus just a touch of mustard.

I've also discovered that I can mix some of the WF mayo and some skim milk with parsley, dill, onion and garlic powder, some black pepper and some sea salt, with just a touch of oregano, and it makes for a decent ranch dressing. I'm not a coffee drinker, so I use my 1 oz of milk as part of the dressing.

If you need an alternative to the pancake syrup it's pretty easy to find sugar-free coffee flavorings (I have some french vanilla that's really good on the orange pancakes) that you can add to the puddings, shakes, and on the pancakes. It's generally cheaper than the WF. Just make sure it's sorbitol and not aspartame.

salesgod 06-11-2010 01:41 PM

Don't forget the hot sauce

Almost all bottled hot sauce fits the bill. I'm a big fan of Tapatio and Cholula, and I've found that adding some hot sauce to the WF ranch is pretty good, and I also add it to the dressings I make myself.

In fact, equal parts soy sauce, olive oil, and water, with some sea salt, black pepper and a few drops of Cholula work really well as a salad dressing on your basic spring mix/field greens.

showgirlaz 06-11-2010 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salesgod (Post 3336203)
Just make sure it's sorbitol and not aspartame.

Did you mean sucralose (splenda) instead of sorbitol? Sorbitol is a sugar alcohol.

beckywelch 06-13-2010 10:56 AM

I just placed an order on www.netrition.com (thanks to whoever posted that discounted website)... I'm so excited I can already taste chocolate sauce in my crispy cereal, peanut butter in my choc pudding and/or on my celery, and I'm excited to try the sesame ginger salad dressing. Yesterday was a rough day for me - but I'm determined to make today a better one!!! Have a great SUNday everyone !!!!!

AngieEH 06-17-2010 01:44 AM

I went today to buy the peanut spread, Asian dressing, and original BBQ sauce - walked out of there with all three for $14.xx including tax. Can't go wrong with that

I asked the guy at the store and he said Asian and Honey Dijon are the most popular selling ones (out of the dressings).