Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 02:14 PM   #31  
Suzie

S/C/G: 148/137/120

Height: 5'2"

Thanks Carla. Hmmm. my coach told me I could move the shake to in between if I got too hungry... I'll see about moving it back.
Old 07-15-2010, 02:27 PM   #32  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

It is fine in either place. IN FACT, during the first week you can have up to 4 packets a day. It helps you adjust to the lower calories. You could have a snack on days you need it and the bedtime dessert too.

I found it was better to have that afternoon snack if I really needed it instead of setting myself up for a cheat.

I can usually avoid a night time cheat!
Old 07-15-2010, 02:44 PM   #33  
Suzie

S/C/G: 148/137/120

Height: 5'2"

I've found the lettuce can hold me over but the afternoon snack is a tough one to time. I do better at night too. thanks!
Old 08-01-2010, 12:47 PM   #34  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Height: 5'4"

Default What do you guys think of this as an alternate product?

http://catalog.herbalife.com/US/en//...89US-02-02.pdf

Old 08-01-2010, 02:11 PM   #35  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post

Well, as far as alternative products go, this is a decent one in my opinion. It is a 3g carb choice but so are many other things we eat. I do see them using starch in the ingredients list. That is not desirable but, it is at the end of the list. Also, I see it may be more to the acidic side with added chemicals, the malic acid and lemon juice solids. It also uses corn oil. Not bad in that it is a vegetable oil but, not good in comparison with olive, coconut, or safflower oils. In the canthaxanthin color mixture you see most of the carbs (dextrin, sucrose, starch) granted it is a low quantity but, it is still there. I don't see any of the carbs coming from a nutitive or fiber source.

Again, as an alternative option or a low carb food to use in the future, it isn't bad.
Old 08-01-2010, 02:37 PM   #36  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
Well, as far as alternative products go, this is a decent one in my opinion. It is a 3g carb choice but so are many other things we eat. I do see them using starch in the ingredients list.

Again, as an alternative option or a low carb food to use in the future, it isn't bad.
I have 6 left over from a failed diet. I thought if they aren't bad I will use one every few days. I don't think I'd order them again, unless I really drop in weight after using them. LOL Thanks, Carla!
Old 08-03-2010, 10:40 AM   #37  
Health vs. Madness

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 1st attempt 270/151/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
ChimpChamp has used the above. I use 3 egg white and 1 whole egg or 2 whole eggs. Any of these will work.
I use low cholesterol, liquid eggs in a carton. 1/2 cup = 1 IP bacon and cheese omelet.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:12 AM   #38  
Health vs. Madness

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 1st attempt 270/151/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacey41 View Post
I have used the EAS AdvantEdge shakes exclusively since starting. The chocolate, double (or dark?) chocolate and strawberry are awesome. The vanilla is ok, I mostly use it to make a cappuccino type drink in the evening - 1 cup decaf coffee, 1 shake warmed, maybe some WF chocolate syrup or WF caramel dip if I'm feeling decadent, and a sprinkle of cinnamon, or pumpkin pie spice or apple pie spice on top.

I also use the EAS bars as a restricted item. Sometimes I will cut each up into 8 pieces, and have 2 pieces on an day when I need a little something extra. I also use the Pure Protein bars in the same way. Just watch the bars because they have a good amount of carbs. Occasionally they're just fine for me.

I happen to love chocolate, so even though I'm on day 34, I haven't gotten sick of the lack of variety I get with only using a limited type of product, instead of the range IP offers.
I use the EAS carb control, also. I have been on the IP diet for three months and have used the EAS the last two weeks. I have found that my desire to eat has decreased since I have stopped eating the bars and other selections that IP has to offer. On IP it cost me $81. a week and using just the EAS drinks it costs me $21.10 at Walmart. I use the vanilla as an iced coffee drink. I use:
1 EAS Vanilla Carb Control drink
1 cup of strong coffee
2 packets of Splenda
Ice
I love it!

Last edited by rosemary2612; 08-03-2010 at 11:30 AM.
Old 08-03-2010, 02:24 PM   #39  

I will soon be at the end of my month's supply of food provided with my initial visit to my Dr and I like the rest of you have been searching for a comparable alternative to save $. I did find Jay Robb Whey Protein. It has 25 grams of protein, 110 calories, fortified with vitamins, and amino acids. (tried to locate a image of the label, no luck) and it's sweetened with Stevia. I've been using half a scoop of the strawberry with half a pkt of the IP Strawberry Pudding and it's really good. Makes a really tasty shake. Using it alone, one scoop doesn't seem to have enough flavor. I've not tried the other flavors as yet though.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:17 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 349/278.2/135

Default Yummy chocolate truffle protein powder

Hi All,
I'm new to the IP diet, and have been reading these threads with interest. As a much tastier alternative to the IP chocolate pudding/shake, you might want to try "Low Carb Protein" chocolate truffle flavour. It's made by Interactive Nutrition, but I couldn't find it on their website. I bought it at Loblaws in Toronto --$24.99 for 600g. Each scoop is 30g, 110 cal, 23g protein, 2g carbs, 0 fibre, 1.5g fat, 60mg cholesterol, and 40mg sodium.
It's a whey-blend protein powder, so dissolves easily. It's not a shake, so basically chocolate flavoured water, BUT the "truffle" aspect somehow gives it a very rich satisfying taste even with the thin mouth feel. It is truly delicious!
Old 08-11-2010, 11:08 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 175.8/168.0/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqueline View Post
Hi All,
I'm new to the IP diet, and have been reading these threads with interest. As a much tastier alternative to the IP chocolate pudding/shake, you might want to try "Low Carb Protein" chocolate truffle flavour. It's made by Interactive Nutrition, but I couldn't find it on their website. I bought it at Loblaws in Toronto --$24.99 for 600g. Each scoop is 30g, 110 cal, 23g protein, 2g carbs, 0 fibre, 1.5g fat, 60mg cholesterol, and 40mg sodium.
It's a whey-blend protein powder, so dissolves easily. It's not a shake, so basically chocolate flavoured water, BUT the "truffle" aspect somehow gives it a very rich satisfying taste even with the thin mouth feel. It is truly delicious!
I drink something like this. My local grocery store carries it and it is doesn't taste too bad. It is a company that i have never heard of and I can't find any place else. I think the lesson is to just keep trying till we find something we like.
Old 08-12-2010, 07:32 AM   #42  
Restarted on 01/10/17

S/C/G: 212/212/123

Height: 5'1"

I would like to substitute EAS shakes for some IP products due to cost, but I'm afraid to. I'm having great success with IP (4 pound a week average loss).
Do you think I'll be OK using an EAS shake a day and continue to lose?
Old 08-12-2010, 10:57 AM   #43  
Dave - The Speedo King

Quote:
Originally Posted by amylew View Post
I would like to substitute EAS shakes for some IP products due to cost, but I'm afraid to. I'm having great success with IP (4 pound a week average loss).
Do you think I'll be OK using an EAS shake a day and continue to lose?
It's my opinion that EAS shakes are one of the better options out there for cutting the cost and still seeing results. I've used them from time to time. At 110 calories, 4g carbs (2g net carbs), and 17g protein, I actually prefer them to the IP premade chocolate and vanilla drinks (which seem to be unavailable at the moment anyway). They haven't impacted my loss at all (and shouldn't, because they're on par carb and calorie-wise with most of the unrestriced IP items).

That said, there was an article recently that raised concern about heavy metals in many protein products, including EAS shakes and powders. EAS responded that consumers shouldn't ingest more than 3 per day.

Where I live, I can get 4-packs at Wal-Mart for $5, or a 24 pack @ Sam's Club for around $27.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:15 PM   #44  
aka, Rosie

Default Question

There are several of you who have mentioned you are using the EAS drinks in place of the IP shakes. Is your coach aware of it? How do you get away with only buying two boxes of product per week? I want to do this to save a few pennies. I normally buy 3 boxes per week. I'm afraid if I tell my coach I am going to use them instead of buying my shakes, I will be told I'm not in compliance with the protocol.
Thanks, Rosie

Last edited by 6710; 08-12-2010 at 12:19 PM.
Old 08-12-2010, 01:04 PM   #45  
Nichole

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6710 View Post
I normally buy 3 boxes per week. I'm afraid if I tell my coach I am going to use them instead of buying my shakes, I will be told I'm not in compliance with the protocol.
Thanks, Rosie
Rosie, that's exactly what happened to me. Other not so nice words ensued and I am now flying solo. I've been on the program 14 weeks now so I think I was ready for it. It's been one week and I have to tell you, I was absolutely THRILLED to not have to go to my coach's office and weigh in this morning. It was great and I don't regret my decision one bit. Not sure if I would've said this a month or even six weeks into the program, but I am much happier now. I mainly use Pure Protein but also have EAS and IP products on hand.
Closed Thread