Old 08-28-2012, 07:23 PM   #76  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shathom View Post
Great thread, wish I would have seen it last month.
Can anybody tell me if Morrocan food is IP ok? or shwarma's? i really like the chicken shwarma's from a place called Montforts...but I will have to have it without the wrap
Emino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 06:04 PM   #77  
IP Start Date: Aug. 2/13

S/C/G: 248.2/213.8/146

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by laudie09 View Post
Do you have the cookbook? I am in love with the sesame soy dressing and I make it and just keep it with me. it's a lifesaver. I can eat out anywhere and just get a plain salad, steamed veggies and meat cooked dry.
I'd LOVE the "Sesame Soy Dressing" recipe if anyone has the book? I haven't seen the copies of the cookbook at our clinic yet.

TIA!
Ally.
thecircleguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:43 PM   #78  

what about snow crabs. any info on the amount to prepare to get 6 ozs? thanks
katsassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 07:45 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 178/174/147

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Where did you find the recipe for sesame soy dressing
coffeebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 05:21 PM   #80  
Restarted IP 12 July 2015

S/C/G: S/C/G: 250/239.2/130

Height: 5'7" 23-y-o

My favorite restaurant to eat at on IP is Chipotle! I go once every week :-)
Order a salad with either chicken or steak, no dressing
Double fajita veggies
Pico de gallo
medium salsa
I take mine home and add a tablespoon of fat free, plane yogurt (my coach allows me this instead of the 1oz of skim milk we are allowed because I don't drink coffee or tea)

Nutrition:
265 calories, 8g. fat, 19g carbs (high, but worth it IMO), 4.5 g dietary fiber, 36g protein
LizziBea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 11:07 AM   #81  
Restarted IP 7/3/2017

S/C/G: 273 / 269.8 / 173

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizziBea View Post
My favorite restaurant to eat at on IP is Chipotle! I go once every week :-)
Order a salad with either chicken or steak, no dressing
Double fajita veggies
Pico de gallo
medium salsa
I take mine home and add a tablespoon of fat free, plane yogurt (my coach allows me this instead of the 1oz of skim milk we are allowed because I don't drink coffee or tea)

Nutrition:
265 calories, 8g. fat, 19g carbs (high, but worth it IMO), 4.5 g dietary fiber, 36g protein
I get the exact same thing with double steak and no yogurt, but bear in mind that the chicken isn't always IP friendly. There's a thread somewhere around here regarding Chipotle in which someone called their local Chipotle to find out how everything is prepared and found out that some locations cook their chicken in honey.
ImASharkIPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 03:22 PM   #82  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

I'm not sure about Chipotle's, but there's a great Mexican restaurant in Houston (Escalante's) where I order the same order: fajitas, meat only with lettuce and tomatoes and grilled peppers + double order of grilled veggies to sub for rice and beans. It's very, very yummy and OP.

And, actually, that order will work at most Mexican restaurants. I've been on the Riverwalk in San Antonio and have gotten wonderful fajita meat + veggies. Always ask for double lettuce! A bit of salsa instead of cheese and sour cream is also tasty!

Also - in the Southern US, I go to Golden Corral when I'm on the road. It's a huge buffet, so you have to have blinders, but I can always find meat or fish + steamed or roasted vegetables.

And Outback is also a favorite of mine when traveling.

No one answered about shawarma meat. I've had shawarma salads at Mideastern restaurants. I think it's fine on occasion.

Of course the best is to cook at home, but I travel a lot and don't want to use that as an excuse not to stay OP.
joysh is offline   Reply With Quote