Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 07:49 PM   #481  
Began IP 9/14/2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by committed1 View Post
I have looked at the recipe boards...but I am not a cooker. If it has more than 3 or 4 ingredients....it isn't for me. I need plain and fast.
You might find some ideas on the Low Carb Friends Message Boards. Under the "Lowcarb Recipe Help & Suggestions" there is a thread of 3 ingredient recipes. Like you, I don't cook much and prior to IP was the fast food queen. Making meals at home has been an interesting challenge. While I prefer 3FC for support, I have used this thread for meal ideas.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:13 PM   #482  

My progress since September 30, 2009 is as follows:
from 176lbs to 137lbs
from 31.3% body fat to 23.3%
I went from busting out of size 12s to a size 8.

***You HAVE to eat and drink exactly according to protocol for each phase. This works 100% of the time if you eat and drink exactly clean. Restaurants are not a good idea at first.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:30 PM   #483  
WyoPrincess

S/C/G: 226/208/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMermaid View Post
I am in Green River, 30 minutes from the Flaming Gorge. I chose the screen name because I ride a blue waverunner.
Hi Wyomingites! I'm in Rock Springs. I never believed that I would find close neighbors on this site!
Old 01-31-2010, 10:14 PM   #484  
IP Start Date 11/18/2009

S/C/G: 191/145/140

Height: 5'9"

Re:Brocolli

It's a great vegetable - but in his book he lists as restricted right along with cauliflower and tomatoes. It just a higher carb vege.

I was lazy because I found those 4c. frozen bags you can pop into the microwave... I had been just eating too much of it.

I am trying to follow MeghanO suggestion of the Boot Camp approach. Gave up all IP packets from the restricted for 2 weeks - just to see if I can get better weight loss...my anniversary is coming and was hoping to be closer to my goal.
Old 01-31-2010, 10:24 PM   #485  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

S/C/G: 192.5/158/125

Height: 5'5"

Default Frozen Pudding

Sorry someone asked about frozen pudding, I like it, but I also like some of the WF stuff which most dont. I also like to freeze the IP yogurt or make smoothies with them. Where would you find soy cheese? Thanks Mirazon for the link and great job, I was thinking about you the other day wondering how you were doing, fantastic results with being out of town. Cinnamon toothpicks do they even make those anymore, I wonder how many carbs are in the sticks? Just kidding, good idea, way easier to chew on toothpicks than fennel seeds, they get stuck in my teeth.

Wishing everyone a wonderful week!!!!
Old 01-31-2010, 10:38 PM   #486  
back at it

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMermaid View Post
I am in Green River, 30 minutes from the Flaming Gorge. I chose the screen name because I ride a blue waverunner.
Cool. When I first found this website there was someone else from green river I think. Not sure she is still here. Give a shout out if you are!!

Again, Welcome and best of luck!
Old 01-31-2010, 10:47 PM   #487  
back at it

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeIP View Post
Sorry someone asked about frozen pudding, I like it, but I also like some of the WF stuff which most dont. I also like to freeze the IP yogurt or make smoothies with them. Where would you find soy cheese? Thanks Mirazon for the link and great job, I was thinking about you the other day wondering how you were doing, fantastic results with being out of town. Cinnamon toothpicks do they even make those anymore, I wonder how many carbs are in the sticks? Just kidding, good idea, way easier to chew on toothpicks than fennel seeds, they get stuck in my teeth.

I found soy cheese in the produce section of Safeway. Near the precut vegies, etc. Too pricey for me. I think low fat reg cheese would work...it has no/low carbs, but it is dairy. So I decided to skip the cheese altogether for now.
Old 01-31-2010, 10:56 PM   #488  
back at it

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagnomore View Post
Re:Brocolli

It's a great vegetable - but in his book he lists as restricted right along with cauliflower and tomatoes. It just a higher carb vege.

I was lazy because I found those 4c. frozen bags you can pop into the microwave... I had been just eating too much of it.

I am trying to follow MeghanO suggestion of the Boot Camp approach. Gave up all IP packets from the restricted for 2 weeks - just to see if I can get better weight loss...my anniversary is coming and was hoping to be closer to my goal.
Thanks for the info! Is that from the online book or the one in print? I have the book, my coach gave it to me before I started. Guess its time to re-read it...I had no idea they were restricted. Like you I was buying frozen and it was so easy to divvy it up into my 2-cup containers, then take one to work, let it thaw, and by lunch I could ad the soup and nuke it.

I too think it's boot-camp time! I actually had no restricted until week 4 anyway and it was easy.
Old 01-31-2010, 11:04 PM   #489  

S/C/G: 250/233/150

Height: 5'5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshb View Post
If you miss cheese I would definately look for soy cheese!
It counts as a vegetable and it tastes really good melted on broccoli and whatever you wish lol.
Wow...are you serious? Thanks! I will look it up for sure!
Old 01-31-2010, 11:07 PM   #490  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBonaMission View Post
Like you, I usually get hungry around 4pm...ready for a snack. My coach said that hot tea (decaf + no milk) may help. Has anyone tried it?
I am not a the drinker but what i usually do at that time is have a glass of something with bubbles so that my stomach feels more full. I take Perrier or sometimes diet 7-up.
Old 01-31-2010, 11:10 PM   #491  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
I sure did It felt great. I'm hoping for another 4 this week. My friend lost 15 her first week too!
That's trully amazing
Old 01-31-2010, 11:15 PM   #492  

Quote:
Originally Posted by torchlaker View Post
Hello everyone:
Interesting posts...! I was terrified to eat at a restaurant when I first started IP..I don't think I went out for 2 months! I usually order a salad...or as wagonomore said, I err on the side of protein (steak, chicken, etc.). I will also ask them NOT to bring me potatoes or rice,or whatever and give me extra veggies. Since you are with a group, ya might not get away with not ordering bread. I was on Atkins when I went to Vegas.....kinda lived on those little shrimp cocktails down near Circus-Circus...

I can't really say if my fibromaylgia has improved since IP. I did do acupuncture for it for 6 months last year and that did help some. Thankfully, I am not feeling as sore from the fall today. I basically went on IP for my health...to see if the headaches and fibro might improve...to see if I felt better with more weight off. I feel better mentally (probably cuz I look better)...but can't say I feel healthier.

As far as the Lindora products, I will have to let you know. I did order some of their products today cuz they had a sale and free shipping. Will my nurse say anything? I can let you know Tuesday when I meet up with her because I plan to tell her...and I see my dr. on Wednesday. They know I have been struggling financially...and I doubt they will care as long as I am doing something. So - am I REALLY on IP? Personally, (sorry, Commited 1) I still feel that I am.....I still use their products right now (altho I am still using up products I bought for my trip from Netrition). I still totally believe in the approach and I am scared to go thru the Phases because I have learned to just grab an IP product when I am hungry. If my son had not lost his job (and thus not paying me for the loan I gave him), I would still do IP products totally.) I have yet to find ANY potassium products that have as much as IP. I did find a calciium-magnesium product on Netrition that did...but I still use IP MultiVitamin...cuz it was just too confusing to compare all the ingredients.

My saving grace has been the puddings. I bought a whole bunch of DiVinci sugarfree syrups from Netrition (a GREAT company btw....their prices cannot be beat...their shipping is $4.95...and everything comes packaged so beautifully that I feel like it is Christmas when I get a box). Netrition carries all the WF products..the DiVinci syrups, etc. My favorite syrups so far are "pumpkin pie" (which I add to the butterscotch pudding)...coconut and carmel. The watermelon was a waste of money.

If I remember, I will start a new thread for you all for the month of February tonight. Can't believe it is February already.

Can't think of any great insights I have had...other than I wasted a whole lot of money on Walden Farm products. Still make my own salad dressing and don't even know if it is legal, but a lot of us "oldies" make our own (mine is under the Recipe section....I usually make "Mom's salad dressing.")
Thank you so much, you are very helpful !
Old 02-01-2010, 08:26 AM   #493  

S/C/G: 217.5/201.25/120

Height: 5 foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoPrincess View Post
Hi Wyomingites! I'm in Rock Springs. I never believed that I would find close neighbors on this site!
And I'm in Mountain View!
Old 02-01-2010, 08:39 AM   #494  

Default Wyo girls

Quote:
Originally Posted by berrrgold View Post
And I'm in Mountain View!
I thought I had seen someone on here from the valley. I think there was someone from Evanston also.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:45 AM   #495  

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeIP View Post

I too like to put my pudding and yogurt in the freezer for awhile. It doesn't seem to matter how cold the water is, the yogurt and pudding seem to warm as you shake them. I am loving the idea of putting saran wrap on the shaker before you put the lid on. It makes clean up so easy.

I don't know if you can find premade cinnamon toothpicks but I made my own by soaking them in cinnamon oil for a few days and then putting them on foil and in the oven at 200 for a few minutes. BE CAREFUL the heat and the cinnamon oil are very reactive. Let the oven cool down before you take them out and keep your face away from the door when you open it. I looked like I had gotten a slight sunburn.
Closed Thread