3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Ideal Protein Diet - December Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/187292-ideal-protein-diet-december-chat.html)

Ogdog13 12-09-2009 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRINCASS (Post 3040995)
I'm going on vacation from 12/26-1/02 and will not have IP. Totally freaking out. I have been searching for a dealer in the area I'm going but no luck. I think with all the airline security that it will be more problems/stress then I want. I don't know. Anyone have any suggestions?

http://www.matol.com/

Maia 12-09-2009 12:21 PM

I tired to make the plain crepes today and ended up with a complete mess. Equal parts burned fragments and raw dough.

Suggestions?

MeghanO 12-09-2009 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ottawa (Post 3039970)
Congratulations on the loss!!!

I was told that snow peas, eggplant, brussel sprouts, palm hearts and wax beans were restricted to twice a week in phase one and two.

I had not heard about the limited eggplant! Thanks for that reminder, tonight would have been night 3 of eggplant as I made the Ratatouille for dinner a few nights ago. I have NEVER had eggplant before, but that recipe was good! You can find it in the recipe section. Thansk again for that reminder. Weigh in in a hour! Crossing my fingers for a bigger weight loss then last week!

Meghan

Ogdog13 12-09-2009 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maia (Post 3041024)
I tired to make the plain crepes today and ended up with a complete mess. Equal parts burned fragments and raw dough.

Suggestions?

Are you talking IP Crepes or one of the recipes posted crepes?

MeghanO 12-09-2009 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holly jo (Post 3040294)
I have my first weigh in tomorrow and I'm starting to stress out. I have followed the diet exactly without cheating, but worried about the sugar content in some of the veggies. I just really want to have a good number or I feel that I will get discouraged. Wish me luck!

Hi Holly, we probably use the same Coach here in Billings, MT. I just LOVE her, don't you. As long as you stayed with the allowed veggies you will do fine. Be sure to keep a food log so that she can help you if the weight is not where you want it to be! My first week, I lost 9 lbs! In a few weeks she will have you do carb counts. AS a result of my food journal, she helped me realize I was consuming to many restricted items, ie higher in sugars. Hope you do great at weigh in!

Meghan

MeghanO 12-09-2009 12:36 PM

Quote:

I'm going on vacation from 12/26-1/02 and will not have IP. Totally freaking out. I have been searching for a dealer in the area I'm going but no luck. I think with all the airline security that it will be more problems/stress then I want. I don't know. Anyone have any suggestions?

I would check it in your luggage. Or if you are seeing a doctor, you should be able to carry it on with a doctors prescription or note?

Pip888 12-09-2009 12:37 PM

Pip888

Hi,
Home due to the blizzard, was looking for some recipe ideas for Ideal Protein and found you. I have been on the diet for 13 days and lost 9 lbs. This from a fast food, sugar junky. I started the diet because at age 53 and menopausal, my blood pressure had started to climb. I go to Dr. Friday to see how that's going. I really love the protein foods (puddings, choco. drink, soups, omelet, cappucino). I have worked on being very creative with the veggies and salad because I normally don't eat those things.

Maia 12-09-2009 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ogdog13 (Post 3041030)
Are you talking IP Crepes or one of the recipes posted crepes?

the IP plain crepe mix.

Lilita175 12-09-2009 12:47 PM

I broke my plateau!

Today was my WI. I lost another 3 pounds and have officially broken a plateau. Yay!

I was "stuck" hovering around 186-188 for the past couple of weeks and today I was 184.8!:D

So my total wt. loss since Oct. 14 is 25.2 pounds. And I have lost 16 inches!

My size 14 pants are falling off me but I haven't had time to go shopping for size 12's.

I tried on some size 10 slacks that I bought at the thrift store a couple of weeks ago. They pull up just fine and look great but I can't close the side zipper just yet.

Ladies, these slacks are beautiful! They are made of thick black cotton with a little stretch. They are fitted with "yokes" at the waist (no elastic!) and they have dark red stitching down the side seams.

I hung them up in my closet so I can look at them every day. Just 5 more pounds and I can pull the zipper up and start wearing them.

I will then take pictures and post them here.

My DBF does not SEE the wt. loss. I now weigh 10 pounds less than when he first met me 3 years ago and he thinks I look "about the same as always."

I had gained 15 pounds over the 3 years (lots of dinner dates with drinks and appetizers) after I met him and he never commented on it.

So I guess it's true that people that see you every day don't see the difference.

Anyway, I feel GREAT and am looking forward to what 30 pounds less will be like in terms of energy, health,and great clothing options.

I have an appointment with my doctor next week and will get my cholesterol and blood sugar re-checked. They were elevated (above normal) 6 months ago.

My doctor does not know yet that I am on this program but she had encouraged me at my last appointment (last May) to "eat less carbs and less fat."

At that time, we both went over all the foods I shouldn't eat but we struggled to come up with a list of foods that I could eat! The best we came up with was non-fat cottage cheese for breakfast (no fruit, no grains) , chicken and fish the rest of the day and of course green vegetable and salads.

So IP is very similar to that "plan" but much more do-able because of the variety of the packages.

Onward and forward!

Ogdog13 12-09-2009 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maia (Post 3041053)
the IP plain crepe mix.

Sorry, can't help you there. I make myself plain old egg whites for breakfast. I do have some flourless crepe recipes in the recipe section though.

Lilita175 12-09-2009 12:55 PM

Wow Ogdog!

Those sound great!

I should've "reported" that I came up with a "quick fix" in the meantime.

The other night for a my bedtime snack, I added a "dollop" of canned pumpkin to my Crispy Cereal package and poured on the pumpkin pie spice and a "splash" of Half & Half.

It was very satisfying!

Thanks for recipes! That frittata looks tempting and so does the chai drink. And the pancake recipe is something I will definitely try when I get closer to goal wt.

Ogdog13 12-09-2009 01:26 PM

Lilita, congrats on breaking that plateau, there is nothing more annoying than hitting one! More good things from there!! You go girl! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

echobaby 12-09-2009 01:31 PM

Quote:

The person who said to pack it in your checked luggage is probably right. I'm going to Houston from 12/21-12/28 and I hadn't even thought of what I would do until you brought this up. Guess it won't be in my carryon.

Also, if anyone is going to buy the products online, this site has almost everything, but they are a little cheaper.

http://store.aimtobehealthy.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=3

It wouldn't be good for you, though, Princass, because you have to buy entire boxes(7 packets). Also shipping takes exactly 7 days(from the east coast to the west).

echobaby 12-09-2009 01:38 PM

QUOTE: LILITA

My DBF does not SEE the wt. loss. I now weigh 10 pounds less than when he first met me 3 years ago and he thinks I look "about the same as always."

I had gained 15 pounds over the 3 years (lots of dinner dates with drinks and appetizers) after I met him and he never commented on it.

So I guess it's true that people that see you every day don't see the difference.

This was true of me, too. My son only noticed last week and said, "Whoa, mom, you lost so much weight...I just now see it."

I remember reading about the people on the Duke Rice Diet some years back. They talked about how everyone would lose in "layers". For some, every 50 lbs. would be another layer where people would all of a sudden see them differently. For people less heavy, it would be every 25 or even 10 lbs. After I read that, I realized that this is really true. It's like a whole new person every layer.

holly jo 12-09-2009 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeghanO (Post 3041034)
Hi Holly, we probably use the same Coach here in Billings, MT. I just LOVE her, don't you. As long as you stayed with the allowed veggies you will do fine. Be sure to keep a food log so that she can help you if the weight is not where you want it to be! My first week, I lost 9 lbs! In a few weeks she will have you do carb counts. AS a result of my food journal, she helped me realize I was consuming to many restricted items, ie higher in sugars. Hope you do great at weigh in!

Meghan

I was excited to see that there was somebody from billings on here. My first weigh in went awesome, I lost 8.4 lbs!! Still can't believe it. I started working out today too, so hopefully that will help to.