Goal! Have you reached your goal? Share your success story and celebrate your victory!

Old 11-24-2020, 01:51 PM   #1  

Height: 4.5fth

Smile 4 ways to lose weight

1. Eat Breakfast Every Day. One habit that's common to many people who have lost weight and kept it off is eating breakfast every day. "Many people think skipping breakfast is a great way to cut calories, but they usually end up eating more throughout the day, says Elizabeth Ward, MS, RD, author of The Pocket Idiot's Guide to the New Food Pyramids. "Studies show people who eat breakfast have lower BMIs than breakfast-skippers and perform better, whether at school or in the boardroom." Try a bowl of whole-grain cereal topped with fruit and low-fat dairy for a quick and nutritious start to your day.
  2. Close the Kitchen at Night. Establish a time when you will stop eating so you won't give in to the late-night munchies or mindless snacking while watching television. "Have a cup of tea, suck on a piece of hard candy or enjoy a small bowl of light ice cream or frozen yogurt if you want something sweet after dinner, but then brush your teeth so you will be less likely to eat or drink anything else," suggests Elaine Magee, MPH, RD, WebMD's "Recipe Doctor" and the author of Comfort Food Makeovers.
  3. Choose Liquid Calories Wisely. Sweetened drinks pile on the calories, but don't reduce hunger like solid foods do. Satisfy your thirst with water, sparkling water with citrus, skim or low-fat milk, or small portions of 100% fruit juice. Try a glass of nutritious and low-calorie vegetable juice to hold you over if you get hungry between meals. Be careful of alcohol calories, which add up quickly. If you tend to drink a glass or two of wine or a cocktail on most days, limiting alcohol to the weekends can be a huge calorie saver.
  4. Eat More Produce. Eating lots of low-calorie, high-volume fruits and vegetables crowds out other foods that are higher in fat and calories. Move the meat off the center of your plate and pile on the vegetables. Or try starting lunch or dinner with a vegetable salad or bowl of broth-based soup, suggests Barbara Rolls, PhD, author of The Volumetrics Eating Plan. The U.S. government's 2005 Dietary Guidelines suggest that adults get 7-13 cups of produce daily. Ward says that's not really so difficult: "Stock your kitchen with plenty of fruits and vegetables and at every meal and snack, include a few servings," she says. "Your diet will be enriched with vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients, fiber, and if you fill up on super-nutritious produce, you won't be reaching for the cookie jar."
Catherine Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 02:34 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/195/175

solid advice. the hardest part for me is closing the kitchen at night; i really need to apply a bit of self-control in that area.
thanks.
VeggieManJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 03:07 PM   #3  

Hi, I saw this forum and loved it very much.
rishabhnegi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 07:34 PM   #4  

Default Wow

This is so helpful and encouraging
BornRoyallyMeOrganic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 07:37 PM   #5  

Default Guilty of skipping breakfast

I am definitely guilty of skipping breakfast. It started back in high school. I wake up every morning ready to just get a good start to the day but not until recently did I realizing eating a small breakfast makes that much easier. When I wake up I'm usually not quite hungry but now my body craves the fresh food when I wake up and I snack way less throughout the day
Old 11-29-2020, 07:39 PM   #6  

definitely hard for me too.. but I'm getting better
Old 11-30-2020, 01:07 PM   #7  

Hello every one,it another lovely day,i just want to make this very quick.i just want to share with you how i use THE OBESITY CODE book to loss weight completely.
it absolutely for free.
asempaGH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 07:40 AM   #8  

Lovely thread
Tony0427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 04:15 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 300lbs/242lbs/220lbs

Height: 5’6

Thank so much for that !
Minuspounds11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 07:39 PM   #10  

Thanks for the info on 4 ways to lose weight!
yom98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 05:07 PM   #11  

Thanks for this helping thread
Guillo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 09:38 PM   #12  

Height: 6.1

Cool Motivation for All, let's be Masters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherine Oliver View Post
  1. Eat Breakfast Every Day. One habit that's common to many people who have lost weight and kept it off is eating breakfast every day. "Many people think skipping breakfast is a great way to cut calories, but they usually end up eating more throughout the day, says Elizabeth Ward, MS, RD, author of The Pocket Idiot's Guide to the New Food Pyramids. "Studies show people who eat breakfast have lower BMIs than breakfast-skippers and perform better, whether at school or in the boardroom." Try a bowl of whole-grain cereal topped with fruit and low-fat dairy for a quick and nutritious start to your day.
  2. Close the Kitchen at Night. Establish a time when you will stop eating so you won't give in to the late-night munchies or mindless snacking while watching television. "Have a cup of tea, suck on a piece of hard candy or enjoy a small bowl of light ice cream or frozen yogurt if you want something sweet after dinner, but then brush your teeth so you will be less likely to eat or drink anything else," suggests Elaine Magee, MPH, RD, WebMD's "Recipe Doctor" and the author of Comfort Food Makeovers.
  3. Choose Liquid Calories Wisely. Sweetened drinks pile on the calories, but don't reduce hunger like solid foods do. Satisfy your thirst with water, sparkling water with citrus, skim or low-fat milk, or small portions of 100% fruit juice. Try a glass of nutritious and low-calorie vegetable juice to hold you over if you get hungry between meals. Be careful of alcohol calories, which add up quickly. If you tend to drink a glass or two of wine or a cocktail on most days, limiting alcohol to the weekends can be a huge calorie saver.
  4. Eat More Produce. Eating lots of low-calorie, high-volume fruits and vegetables crowds out other foods that are higher in fat and calories. Move the meat off the center of your plate and pile on the vegetables. Or try starting lunch or dinner with a vegetable salad or bowl of broth-based soup, suggests Barbara Rolls, PhD, author of The Volumetrics Eating Plan. The U.S. government's 2005 Dietary Guidelines suggest that adults get 7-13 cups of produce daily. Ward says that's not really so difficult: "Stock your kitchen with plenty of fruits and vegetables and at every meal and snack, include a few servings," she says. "Your diet will be enriched with vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients, fiber, and if you fill up on super-nutritious produce, you won't be reaching for the cookie jar."
thank you
actually, you've told some serious and sharp suggestions,
eventually, Breackfast is a strategic meal, even for weight loss!
we here to support each other, millions of ways
Happier New Year I hope y'all
jacobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 02:57 PM   #13  

thank you
richboy80 is offline   Reply With Quote