General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 05-01-2006, 11:12 PM   #1  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Default Slimfast - May!

We are starting a new thread for a new month and we are just starting a challenge.

What you do is spell Slimfast everyday. You earn the letters like this

S - shake your tushy (exercise)
L - Limit your fat intake
I - ice water (drink that water)
M - Motivation (whether you encourage someone else or journal)
F - Fruit and veggies (are you eating them?)
A - Avoid picking and grazing between meals and snacks
S - Sensible snacking (that means healthy ones)
T - Taking time for YOU!

We can do this for a week and keep a tally of each day how close we get to spelling slimfast. For example lets say Monday I did everything but exercise so I'd have LIMFAST, Tuesday I did it all so I get SLIMFAST, Wednesday I didnt exercise or drink water so I'd have LMFAST. I hope that makes sense!

Good Luck and Happy Slimfasting!
Hun.e.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 12:28 AM   #2  
Melissa

Whew...turning out to be a busy night!

For Monday May 1, I got SIMFAST...was a little up on my fat because of olive oil in dinner so not too shabby. Got in my 30 minutes on the elliptical!

Have a fantastic tuesday everyone!!

~melissa
Old 05-02-2006, 10:09 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 233/181/160

Height: 5'9"

Hmm, yesterday I got Slmfast. I never get enough water in.
CrazedLedZepFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 11:23 AM   #4  
We're TTC!!

S/C/G: 303/281/Goal#1:271

Height: 5'3"

Ok, for the challenge...on May 1 (yesterday) I got LIMAS. I only ate 1 orange, so that doesnt really count, plus no veggies and I really didn't do anything special for myself. I find it hard to eat all my fruits and veggies. The most I ever do is 1 fruit and 1 veggie a day. Anyone else have that problem?
rebelridergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 02:45 PM   #5  
Melissa

Good Afternoon everyone!! Well I was down 5 lbs today! Yay!! about time that darn scale started moving in the right direction again!

Looks like everyone did pretty darn good their first day out of the challenge! Crazed are you drinking your water? Rebel...I think you did just fine with 2 fruit/veggie items, I'd just try to up it. Veggies are harder for me since there are only a few I really like and hardly any my family likes. But fruit I love!

Well I hope everyone is having a GREAT day today! I'm off to the grocery store to stock up on more good stuff! I hate the grocery store! Be good everyone!

~melissa
Old 05-02-2006, 09:47 PM   #6  
Stephanie

WAY TO GO MELISSA!!!!!!!

Well my scale moved down 2.5 pounds..... it looks like I may not meet my goal but I am still EXTREMELY happy!!! We are heading to Tampa tomorrow and getting on the ship Thursday AM!!!!!!! I AM SOOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!! I know I will NOT stay on plan during my vacation but I will work out since they have a full gym on the ship!! But I can hit it hard again when I get back!!

WELL GOOD LUCK LADIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAVE A GREAT WEEK AND WKND!!!!!!

Stephanie
FL-MOM-OF-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 10:29 PM   #7  
Melissa

Way to go Stephanie!!!!! Excellent week! And even if you didnt reach that goal you came darn close!! I hope you have the best time on your cruise! I bet you'll do better than you think and get tons of exercise in with the walking! We'll see you when you get back!! Congrats on a job VERY well done!!!

~melissa
Old 05-02-2006, 11:53 PM   #8  

LMFAST today.
Old 05-03-2006, 07:25 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 200/195/135

Height: 5'4"

Not sure where my post for yesterday ended up??
Not a good day yesterday- for the challenge I got.. LT BAAAAD Day! Not sure why, thinking it might be PMS.

Melissa- Way to go! 5lbs is awesome! That's fantastic!!
Crazed- I also struggle with the water, it helps me if I carry around my gigantic mug of water. My family makes fun of it, but I get my water in and I get a workout in one arm!!!
Rebel- I can get the veggies in, it's the fruit I struggle with.
Stephanie- Have a great time!!

I'm back at it today!! I have been saying that way too much lately, it's getting ridiculous!

Hope everyone has a great day!! Deb
southerndeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 09:57 AM   #10  
Melissa

Good Morning everyone!! Ready to have a wonderful day?! I know I am! Yesterday I got SIMFAST again, we had burgers for dinner, I didnt overdue at all but thats pretty fatty. Did my 30 minutes on the elliptical too.

I've only got 3 more days of classes! Yay! Then next week just 1 final...easy smeasy!

I hope you all have the best day today! Stick to your plan, drink that water and make sure you are shaking that tushy!!

~melissa
Old 05-03-2006, 07:32 PM   #11  

Well, I haven't worked out yet but I WILL. So I guess I got slmfast again. I just can't drink that water, never have the time LOL. I had a coupla diet cokes though. (Okay, more like 3!!) What can I say, the water here is really nasty.

I'm getting a little put down that I'm not losing any more weight. I weighed myself again this morning, although it is awful hard to tell with my $6 Wal-Mart scale. I've been eating the right things, excercising 3 times a week. So I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I'm eating the minimal amount of calories suggested.
Old 05-03-2006, 08:34 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 200/195/135

Height: 5'4"

I got "slmfast" today.

Crazed- don't get discouraged! You are doing great!

Melissa- what are you studying? You are doing great too!!

Hope everyone had a wonderful day. Deb
southerndeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 09:34 PM   #13  

I have a question for those of you that have been on the diet for awhile. I don't go exactly by the slimfast plan, because I don't have time to be eating every 3-4 hours. So I eat bigger meals and 1 snack a day. Will ya'll tell me if this look okay (I am at the 1200 calorie level):

breakfast: 1 slimfast shake w/ banana
lunch: 1 slimfast bar w/ apple or 1/2 cup fruit
dinner: a 500 calorie meal (lean meat, veggies, bread)
snack: 1 f/f pudding cup or 100 calorie pack or slimfast snack bar

That's my usual day. This is not what slim-fast suggested for me, I tend to eat the fruits along w/ my slimfast shake or bar rather than as a snack. I'm just trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong, LOL.
Old 05-04-2006, 09:40 AM   #14  
Melissa

Good Morning all! I got SIMFAS yesterday. Little high on the fat and didnt do anything for myself. Just too much going on yesterday and of course I put myself last. Other than that I had a fantastic day!

Crazed...try not to put too much stock in the scale, they are so inaccurate especially when you use it daily. Try to get in the habit of only using it once a week to reduce that frustration factor. You are doing GREAT!! How are you feeling? do your clothes feel a little loser? These are much better measures of how you are doing! Dont give up on you just because of a number on the scale, the changes you've made in your health are worth hanging on! You can do this! I think your menu looks just great! There is room for adding more calories even though I know you probably dont want to, sometimes upping the calories a bit will get that ball rolling again. Just an idea.

Deb....I'm a business administration - accounting major and I'm also going for a minor in psychology. 2 more days of classes!! Thanks for asking!

Well Slimfasters I hope everyone has a wonderful day! Be strong and keep that control! its almost the weekend again!!

~melissa
Old 05-04-2006, 11:48 AM   #15  

Thanks for the encouragement everyone. I have the day off so I am going for them all - SLIMFAST!

Good luck to everyone here!