General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2001, 11:39 AM   #1  

Default Body for Life #25

BODY FOR LIFE THREAD TWENTY FIVE!!!!

Everyone is doing so well!!! Keep up the good work!

Happy TDay everyone!!!! I'm not doing Turkey today. We're doing roast beef. We're not big turkey fans but we really hate all the work involved for only 3 of us (I miss my boys!!! They're too far away at Thanksgivining!) So I plan to try to eat as cleanly as possible but not going to whack myself over the head if it doesn't happen.

Welcome to Sean and welcome back to CarrieJ!!!!

Lisa, I did the too much pudding in the myoplex for a while, then I just sprinkled it.

MrsJ: How's the puddie? My cats (I think all cats) are nocturnal creatures. I'm not sure it ever gets better. The push arm on my Litter Maid cat box broke TODAY (the one day no stores are open). As soon as Target is open, hubby has his orders.

Sil and Lisa: did not get to the po this week but will mail the myo tomorrow.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!
Old 11-22-2001, 01:40 PM   #2  
Uber-Moderator!!

Talking Happy Thanksgiving!!!

I'm really looking forward to my free meal today...Jeremy has me on a Free Day/Free meal rotation for this challenge as follows:

Weeks 1 - 4: One 'free day' a week (just like regular BFL)
Week 5: One single free meal (that's this week)
Week 6: A full free day
Week 7: One free meal
Week 8: Full Free Day
Weeks 9 - 12: Two Free Meals each week - this is what I'm steering towards - rather than a Free Day every week, although of course it would depend on the circumstances of each week. There may very well be weeks where a full Free Day would be more appropriate.

Didn't go to the gym today since it's closed (the first year that 24 Hr Fitness has been closed on Thanksgiving morning). I'm going to make up for it by working out on Sunday (my usual rest day).

Of course as far as Thanksgiving dinner is concerned there's always the temptation to go way overboard...I'm just going to enjoy myself because I've found since C2 that my capacity for overeating just is not that great anymore. I'll be willing to bet that I'll just be having one helping of dinner along with a small wedge of pumpkin pie.

Hey Susanje, what kind of litter do you use? We bought Tidy Cat 3 but one of my coworkers said he buys a flushable litter. Kitty poos are so stinky that I think I might go that route. The best kitty product we've bought so far is a cat scratcher from Worldwise - just a cardboard box filled with corrugated cardboard and fresh catnip - got it at Target for $5. Sparky just loves it and it's really reduced his attraction towards our brand-new sofa and chair! It is such a neat product - check it out here: http://www.worldwise.com/catscratcher.html

Actually Target IS open today - the one near us is anyway! I couldn't bear seeing people having to work on Thanksgiving, esp since the gym is closed. KMart, Target, Good Guys, Tower, they are all open today, trying to get the holiday shoppers in early. I am probably going to do most of my shopping on the Internet this year, just to avoid going through the busy mall. Actually I enjoy Christmas shopping - it's the PARKING I despise!

We got one of those covered litter boxes but now I wish we'd gotten the Litter Maid, it's such a drag using the scoop to hunt for 'buried treasure' Jim put so much litter in the box that the Sparkmeister probably thinks he's in an Arabian sand dune!

Last week we were going through stuff to bring to Goodwill, I was going through a pile of my books and found "Diary of A Fat Housewife" by Rosemary Green. I couldn't help reading it again. When I first read it I found it a pretty good book, but now as I become fitter through BFL and bodybuilding, I just want to shake her, get Rosemary out of her depression. It IS a facinating read, even though she spends most of her time in her incredibly messy house, eating, or going to the drive-thru restaurant or convenience store, to get more candy and junk to eat. Actually at the end of the paperback she had gotten down to her goal weight by doing a medically supervised liquid fast, (this was in '96) and said she was working on her new book "Thin Again". Since it never came out, nor have I seen anything about her since '97, I'm willing to bet that she put the weight back on. Sad! Maybe one day she'll find out about BFL - THAT would be a great story...

Gotta go clean up and get ready for today's festivities!

Last edited by MrsJim; 11-22-2001 at 01:50 PM.
Old 11-23-2001, 11:20 AM   #3  

Hi Mrs Jim:

I use arm and hammer cat litter. The Litter Maid (I sent hubby out for a new one this morning and he returned with the regular sized one and I had the deluxe one before...men...!) requires scoopable but I find that I can flush it when need be (if they all go one right after the other, the sweeper jams up and you have to manually scoop it...so I just scoop it into the toliet) Unless I go crazy and scoop too much, it flushes just fine but there is litter that says flushable on it.

TDay for me: I ate pretty clean but did have some potatoes and a piece of pie for dessert. I'm going to finish the leftovers tonight for free meal 2 and then tomorrow it's back to my game plan.

I am getting a cold...yuck...just in time for finals. Oh joy.

Happy Post Thanksgiving EVERYONE!!!!

Susan
Old 11-23-2001, 12:53 PM   #4  

Question Lean and Strong Site...

Please can someone help me?

I have been trying to log on to the L&S site for almost two weeks now...is there something that I don't know?? I cannot make a connection.

I have been typing www.leanandstrong.com .........HELP before I go nuts! What am I doing wrong??

Thanks for your help in advance.
Yvonne
Old 11-23-2001, 08:40 PM   #5  

Yvonne,

When I clicked on www.leanandstrong.com in your reply it worked perfectly for me. Is it your server? try clicking on it through here! good luck!
Old 11-23-2001, 08:49 PM   #6  

Default THANKS!!

Thanks for your reply...must be my server at work....maybe someone is trying to tell me something there!?! LOL Wonder what the problem is at work...I am able to get into allmy other normal sites that I frequent?

It worked fine at home.

Thanks again for your time!

Yvonne
Old 11-23-2001, 09:42 PM   #7  
Uber-Moderator!!

Sounds like your firewall at work is not letting you into certain sites...Hmm.

I had a great T'giving, we didn't have dinner until around 5:15 or so (late for our family). It was really great - I was starving and so I loaded up on everything, well it was my Free Meal after all..and I won't get another one until a week from Sunday! But it was worth it.

I had such a busy day today, slept in a bit cos the gym didn't reopen till 7 a.m. Then had my 10:00 riding lesson, rushed to pick up the kids to see "Monsters Inc." which was VERY FUNNY! Now I have to guzzle down a bunch of water - I'm WAY behind today 'cos I've been running around doing stuff all day. Tonight I felt like making some soup, so I made up kind of a chicken barley veggie soup. Yummy! Tonight I'm going to mix some pumpkin in a Vanilla Myo Lite. does that sound yummy or what? Hopefully like a pumpkin pie ice cream! I'm going to add pumpkin pie spice.

Our kitty finally slept through the night, I feed him a tablespoon of wet food (the rest of the day he gets dry) as a bedtime snack and I think it helps him - he has also appropriated a white afghan or throw my Mom crocheted for us as a wedding gift. He just loves sleeping on it and will lie on it whereever it happens to be! What a luvbug!
Old 11-24-2001, 12:55 PM   #8  

Default my last "post" went bye-bye...

and never got here. Mrs. Jim thanks for asking Jeremy about the Great Cheese Question. BP himself actually suggests heating full-fat cheese in the microwave until the grease runs off, at which point it becomes acceptable. YUCK! I like Jeremy's advice better. I do consider cheese a healthy food, but I'm used to enjoying it in tiny portions. So I'll limit it to once or twice a week.

I made dinner for a friend last night and took my mom out to breakfast today without shifting gears. I couldn't get enough eggbeaters to make up my protein grams but that's why we eat six times a day!

I bought the latest issue of Muscle and Fitness. It has some great information but there is one article that cracked me up. This great looking woman with glutes that would stop traffic, and in the interview she says that her whole family is famous for their "butts." Then someone asks what people notice about her first and she says "my smile!"
Old 11-25-2001, 12:46 PM   #9  
Uber-Moderator!!

Default Back to work tomorrow...oh well!

Actually I enjoy being at work, and it keeps me eating CLEAN and on schedule!

This past week I got a Palm Pilot Vx, and I'm just learning how to use it. These little PDAs are so great - actually I'm going to use it to track my workouts. My BFL binder is full to bursting because I have a progress report for each day of workouts. Instead of all that paper, think how much simpler and neater it would be to have the info on a PDA. There are a lot of different fitness tracker programs on the market right now (including one in the www.leanandstrong.com Utility Library) but I'm going to give the Vivonic Fitness Tracker a try and see how I like it. The one in the Utilities Library at L&S is exclusively BFL and I'd like the option to change my workout patterns when I feel like it. The one I'm going to try is at http://www.vivonic.com and I'll let you all know how it works out!

Yesterday I also bought a weight-lifting belt since I'm squatting 150-170, I thought it would be a good idea to protect my lower back. The guy at the store recommended NOT purchasing the leather ones, since they cut into your skin. The one I purchased is made by Schiek. Used it today for my quads/hams workout and it DEFINITELY makes a difference!

Wow...this is the first Sunday since starting the program that I'm not having a Free Day. I'm planning on staying super busy, doing a bit of Christmas shopping at the mall, cleaning house, drinking lots of water...BTW, DO try the pumpkin Myo Lite, it's my current favorite flavor. Mmm! Just make sure you use the regular canned pumpkin rather than the one labeled "pumpkin pie filling".

Take care all!
Old 11-26-2001, 06:33 AM   #10  

Mrs. Jim- We are going to get both of our girls Palm Pilots for Xmas. What is the difference between the VX and the M105 besides price??? The VX is going for $199.00 here, and the M105 is 149.00. Since we have to buy 2 of them, we are being a bit more cautious. Any help would be great!
Old 11-26-2001, 12:21 PM   #11  
Uber-Moderator!!

Default Probably a memory thing...

Last year the Vx was going for around $400, I bought mine off the Internet for $185 plus shipping.

You can go to the Palm website at www.palm.com and check the differences. Actually the M105 is probably okay for your daughters depending on what they're using it for - I'd suggest shopping for deals because if the suggested retail is $149 you may be able to find it for less. Try www.mysimon.com or www.half.com. I usually prefer shopping via the Net because there are a lot of e-commerce places offering free shipping right now and I usually don't have to pay the 8.25% California sales tax!

Actually my employer bought my Palm for me, but I didn't think they would object to me using it for tracking my workouts, as long as I don't lose it! I decided not to try out the Vivonic Fitness Tracker, instead I'm giving a program called WorkoutTracker 3.0 which I found on www.tucows.com a whirl. The Vivonic program is $40 (with only a 5-day demo) and the Workout Tracker is $20 (with a 30 day free demo). If it doesn't work out, well there are a lot of fitness programs out there for the Palm at http://palmcomputing.palmgear.com/pa...rchresults.cfm and at Tucows.
Old 11-26-2001, 03:37 PM   #12  

Hi everyone,

I had my first full upper body workout with the Power Blocks today. They are sensational. I even got a bonus! I always have trouble with bicep curls because of my carpel tunnel (my wrists give out before I get to really work the bi's)...with the power blocks the design allows me to rest my wrist on the frame and I get to use higher weights and really target the biceps.

My bench has not come yet so I did my incline flyes in the recliner Doing incline flyes in the recliner while watching TV is very cool. I did my dumbbell row using the coffee table. That worked well except I need to use less furniture polish to reduce sliding. Again...

I am now eating my FlaxOMeal. Flax o meal is a good high fiber Udos substitute if you miss hot cereal. It's flaxseed and wheat germ I think. It's 12 carbs but 10 are fiber so it's 2 carbs with 11 protein and 7 fat but the 7 fat is the good flaxseed kind of fat. I buy it at Netrition and use splenda for sweetening.

well, I'm nursing a cold but wanted to start my post Tday week with some vim and vigor.

off to school
Susan
Old 11-26-2001, 03:39 PM   #13  

I have the HP Jornada. I paid close to 500 for it and now I never use it. I would forget to upload my notes every week (I have the keyboard with it) and that is just not a cool thing to do.

I should sell it on Ebay but that's another thing I keep forgetting to do Anyway, the Palms are great if you use them!
Old 11-26-2001, 04:12 PM   #14  

Default Susanje ROFL...

I did a similar workout in my living room last Friday! But the vision of you in your recliner is, as the ad says, PRICELESS!
Old 11-28-2001, 01:30 AM   #15  

Did my Lower Body Workout today. Mostly on the Swiss ball and lunges and squats with the powerblocks. I also did some HIIT cardio afterwards and then I did something called Callenetics. It's a good stretchy thing. I've had the video forever and never looked at it but someone suggested it to me and I really liked it. Staying in a stretched position for 75 count is HARD. A lot harder than it looks!!!

If it warms up in California soon I'll resume my morning walk. In New England I used to walk in 0 degree weather on ice and snow (wearing something called Polar Bear Wear...THE BEST COLD WEATHER CLOTHING)...now I can't walk on dry sidewalks in 40 degree weather! I'm so spoiled by this weather!!

How is everyone?????????? MrsJ: how's da puddy?
Closed Thread