3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General Diet Plans and Questions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions-10/)
-   -   Success With Slimfast#? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions/7487-success-slimfast.html)

Tiger Lily 08-13-2001 03:05 PM

Cowgirl, I hate to tell you but # 7 is closed too!

Isn't that what the little lock represents?

Janet

ncmom 08-14-2001 12:55 AM

protein power

I am just starting slimfast and i was wondering if anyone adds protein powder to slimfast to make you fuller longer.

sue

lifer 08-14-2001 05:26 PM

New to this Board

Hi All,
I am new to this board but not new to the 3FC website. I actually started slimfast a little while ago but didn't stick to it very well. HOWEVER, I am currently at the highest weight I've ever been at with having given birth and I absolutley have to lose this 40lbs. Truth be told, I'd be OK with 30 and would be in hog heaven with 40 - so I'm shooting for 40.

That said, I wanted to reply to Jennifer's post from a couple of days ago. Jennifer you asked if anyone else was really hungry between breakfast and lunch. YES, YES, YES! Your body needs to readjust its eating paterns - this is totally normal. A lot of people make sure to have a low cal/fat snack mid morning to fight off getting overly hungry. I really don't have a problem getting to lunch anymore - if I get hungry I drink some water. Another problem time frame for me was between lunch and dinner. I'll tell you what, nothing was safe in my house by the time I got home from work. Man, talk about a feeding frenzy. The bad part is that I always made something healthy for dinner so if I hadn't consumed a small farm between 5 & 6pm I would have done really well.

Here's what I've done to fix my "down" time: Someone else mentioned the snack bars. I keep those in my desk and have one at about 3:30pm. I also have some sort of fruit with my lunch hour shake and drink loads of water (usually about 80-96oz per day). I also do ediets and use their dinners for my dinner. They have some great lowfat/cal/sodium recipes. I think the slimfast website has good recipes too.

I weigh in tomorrow and will see how the first successful 2 days went. Congrats to all of you that have had so much success with the program. You guys are the reason I keep coming back and snooping - I needed your success to get me motivated and I'll use it to keep me motivated.

Guess I'll end this disertation now. Take care and good luck with the rest of the week!

Cowgirl 08-14-2001 08:28 PM

:o Well.....
Does anyone want to start #8 then? Whoever does needs to PM mrsJim and let her know so she can close this one. If not then We can just keep scanning to the end of this one to keep up with the current news.:p

KathyE 08-15-2001 12:11 AM

New to slim fast

Hi Kirsten, Janet, Elaine, Vicky, Jennifer and anyone else who I might have missed. My name is Kathy and I'm new to this thread. I started slim-fast yesterday. I weighted myself today, and will weight myself on Tuesday's from now on. I have 100lbs I want to, no need to lose. Several years ago, I injured my achillies heel tendon, and they had to do what they called a wrap. Needless to say, its hindered my activity quiet a bit. I'm only now attempting to do some walking. I love the ease of the slim fast plan. I too tried ww123 and had little luck with the point system. With this plan, I make up my menu for dinner in the morning and forget it until dinner time. The only other problem I have is, which flavor do I want to drink. LOL. I hope to come to know each and everyone of you during my journey to thinness. I hope you don't mind my joining you. Good luck to you all.

Kirstin-- why not put you lunch shake in an insulated cup, or one of the meals on the go bars, in allumminum. No labels.

jenny 1 08-15-2001 08:47 AM

Hi everyone!!

This is week 2. It is getting better. I have learned how to eat. My first day I was hungry and didn't feel satisifed so I ate soup with my shake and it made me sooo sick because the slimfast didn't get its chance to expand in my stomach and fill me up.

Lifer - I am not as hungry between breakfast and lunch anymore but instead I am starving by dinner. I need to get a better snack for after lunch. The slimfast snack bar isn't doing the job, any suggestions?

I am keeping the cans in my backseat so I can always have access to a shake. The cans are getting a little bit expensive, so I am going to buy a can of the powder for home (weekends). Although I will say that one 8-can box is cheaper than 1 lunch out for my DH.

I decided to start running outside of work during lunch. They built a track/trail for the employees. I ran it Monday twice, and thought I would die, later found out I ran 4 miles. Yesterday I ran 4 miles, walked 1 mile, ran 1 mile. I didn't know that I had it in me. But it was so extremeley tough. I also have been going to the gymon top of that.

I just hope I stay motivated.

Talk to you all later!!

Tiger Lily 08-15-2001 01:37 PM

Hi Jenny and Kathy!

Welcome Kathy, I think that as you adjust to the plan you'll really like it. I do. I don't think about food all the time anymore and that was a much needed change.

Jenny,

My goodness! You can run 4 miles? I'm not sure I could run 4 feet!:lol: Maybe I can do that when I'm not 89 pounds overweight.

ncmom,

I got hungry quite often my first week, but now that I'm into my 3rd week on the plan, things have improved tremendously. I sometimes have difficulty eating all of my lunch. (I have Slim Fast at breakfast and dinner).

lifer,

Nice having you in our group. When I started Slim Fast on July 27th, I had 100 pounds to lose too! Now I've only got 89 to lose! However, I'm focusing on 5 pounds at a time so I won't give up!

Janet

jenny 1 08-15-2001 03:10 PM

Janet -- Do you mind me asking what you have been doing to lose weight so quickly. Can you take me through an average day?

I would be jumping for joy if I would lose 11 lbs that fast. I am really heaping on the exercise to help myself get started.

How do your meals go/look like (again if you don't mind). I am just really curious about how other people are doing this. The SlimFast website gives ok menu examples but I want to see what "real" people are doing.

I am not as hungry in week 2 for breakfast and lunch. It's the time between snack 2 and dinner and snack 3 that I am starving through.

I think that 89 lbs to go is great and you will be there in no time. A good friend started his diet (Dr. Atkins) last May starting weight 503 lbs. as of yesterday he is 348lbs. If he can do it I am positive that anyone with the desire to lose can as well, he has inspired me to get moving and to stick with my diets and workouts.

Has anyone tried the smoothie recipes on the Slimfast website? I am afraid to experiment. If anyone has a good shake/smoothie recipe and wouldn't mind sharing it, I will be grateful.

Thanks!!

:spin:

KathyE 08-15-2001 04:29 PM

Hi everyone. I've been experimenting with the slim-fast foods. So far there isn't one I've come across that I don't like. Today is day three for me. I was out shopping with my daughter today and I did notice that between breakfast and lunch around 11:30 I was beginning to get a little shaky. I suffer from a slight case of hypoglyciemea, so I figured that was the cause. When we got into the store, Super wal mart, I bought a box of meal on the go bars, went to the Mc donals, inside the store, ordered a cup of tea and ate one of the bars. With in minutes, I was feeling better. Yet the rest of the day, I've felt a bit disoriented, can't quiet put my finger on it. But I've stuck to my guns and have followed the plan. I'm just hoping tomarrow proves a bit clearer. Have a good day everyone.

Tiger Lily 08-16-2001 10:20 AM

Hi Jenni,

I don't think I've done anything really special. I try to follow the Slim Fast guidelines. I have a shake for breakfast, a snack bar midmorning, I eat my meal at lunch, I have a piece of fruit for a snack and then I have a shake for dinner. When I started the plan, my ankles had been really swollen and puffy so I know that a substantial amount of my loss was fluid. I drink alot of water and I walk 30 minutes per day now. I've cut out caffeine and sodas. I also try to watch my sodium intake because the combination of being overweight and the heat and humidity here in Ga. along with my desk job really cause me to hold water.

I'm sure that my weight loss will slow down now that I've had a big drop. I don't mind as long as I lose weight.

Janet

KathyE 08-16-2001 01:37 PM

Slim Fast

Hi everyone. I started the plan on Monday, weighted myself on tuesday. I was 259.5. I promised myself that I wouldn't weight in again until next tuesday. BUT, I woke up this morning and I felt thinner. SO, I weighted myself. 2 lbs gone. I'm so happy. I love this plan, my brother and my youngest daughter along with my husband are all on this way of eating. It makes for an easier transition because where ever I visit, slim fast is there. Have a good on program day everyone. Wishing you all a weight lose.

jenny 1 08-17-2001 08:45 AM

Janet --- Thanks for replying. So I got from your list:

1. WATER, WATER, WATER
2. Cut the colas (even diet)
3. Watch the salt
4. Exercise daily
5. stick to the SF plan

Do you think that eating your meal at lunch time rather than at dinner time is making any difference?

Hi Kathy -- Congrats on 2lbs gone that is a great start. I am so scared to weigh right now because I just don't want to know what my scale will say, I tend to retain water in spurts and really never know from day to day what I really weigh. As I see my body change I might get brave enough to weigh. I do see some changes, but can't tell if I have lost, gained, or just not bloated. Just keep posting your losses. It might inspire me to jump aboard my scale.

Gotta run!

Tiger Lily 08-17-2001 12:29 PM

Hi Everyone! Elaine, Where are you?

Kathy, Good for you on the 2 pounds! It is hard to stay off the scale when you just know you've lost.

Jenni,

I do believe that eating at lunch makes a difference. I have a desk job and by eating at lunch I get more time to burn off the calories. I actually feel better when I don't eat at night now. The Slim Fast shake fills me up and I rest better.

As for my weigh in this morning, I've stayed the same this week. I kind of expected that I would because 11 pounds is alot for 2 weeks. I think when you have a big loss like that your body goes through an adjustment period. Hopefully, I'll have a good loss next Friday.

I hope all of you have a great weekend!

Janet 240/229/140

KathyE 08-17-2001 03:27 PM

Slim fast

Hi everyone. Like I promised, I haven't weighted myself today. I'll wait until tuesday. Besides, I felt a bit bloated today and didn't want to see a gain. Does everyone use the snack bars, gosh they're so good, they're almost addicting. I love the peanut butter one, its like a butter finger and I love them. I've had to fight to stay a way from them. That's terrible when your diet food is so good you want to over eat it. LOL But they are. REALLY. I did have two, snack bars, over yesterday. I thought I'd make it up today, by cutting back, then I though I should just do today as planned and forget about yesterday. Has anyone else come across this problem? Thanks for listening.

lifer 08-17-2001 04:29 PM

Snack Bars

Hi All,
Too funny Kathy. The peanut butter bars are my favorite too. I agree 100% that they taste like butter fingers. They also seem to last a little longer because they're so crunchy. It's like you're able to savor the chocolate/peanut butter even longer. I only keep them at work so I don't have a problem with eating them at home. I usually save them at work for around 3:30pm when I'm really hungry. If you can believe it, my kids (5.5 & 8) love them. I don't mind them eating those since they have more nutrients than the normal one. If they haven't had one for a while they'll actually bug me to buy some - anything for the kids right? LOL.

I've had a pretty good week. We had a company picnic last night and I managed to only eat a little pasta salad and a lean cut of steak. My son had a bunch of chips on his plate and said he was done - well you know that pick off your kids plate instinct started to take over. At first I told him not to throw his plate away so I could have some of his chips then I thought, "NO, there's no need to not eat normal tonight." So I told him to go throw his plate away before I changed my mind. I even managed to go for a walk once we got home for the evening.

I weighed in this morning and found I had lost 3lbs. Not as much as I had hoped for but hey 3lbs lost is better than 3lbs gained.

Congrats to all the other losers this week. Have a good weekend.

Kan