General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 12-20-2005, 08:14 PM   #1  

Default buying a blender-hoping it helps weight loss

Well, I've decided to buy a blender in a couple of days. I want to try to experiment with protein shakes and other similar drinks to help with my weight loss. I dont want to go on any fad diets, so has anyone had success losing weight using a blender (to make shakes, meal-replacements, ect.)?

renee08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 08:02 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I have a shake every day. I'm not a breakfast person so this kind of fools me into having some body-fuel in the morning.
I buy protein powder in a bulk food store. Either soy or whey. I like them both. I buy big bags of frozen fruit and add a tbsp of crushed flax seed. I use water. Sometimes it needs a dash of Splenda. Others add other supplements like omega oils etc.
I can't use this to replace any other meals because drinking just doesn't do it for me. I tried slimfast once and after I'd had my shake, I went looking for something to chew
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 07:36 PM   #3  
it's always something

I find having a blender or even a hand blender has been very helpful. I like to make my own smoothies with fresh fruit, so it comes in handy. I occasionally have protein shakes, which can get lumpy if you don't mix them well enough. If I didn't have a blender, I wouldn't make either of those, but I'm not sure if having smoothies or protein shakes has actually helped with my weight loss.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 09:31 AM   #4  

Not sure if you bought your blender yet..but I vote for the vitamixer..FANTASTIC blender albeit pricey..but you will have it for years.
slimcharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 06:32 PM   #5  

I bought my blender already, but thanks for the suggestion
renee08 is offline   Reply With Quote