General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2001, 08:01 AM   #1  

Default Dr. Phil, Weight watchers, calories counting

I have also posted this elsewhere on the board, but wondered what everyone thought of Dr. Phil. I have been taking information off Oprah's website and then watching the show when I can.

The program I am following is a medically modified calorie count following Weight watchers principles and using their weigh in for accountability. I have also been applying the ten steps or life laws as he calls them of Dr. Phil.

Wondered what everyone thought of him and his information. One thing I will say, he has finally been the one to wake me up and make me realize that I have used every excuse in the book and then written a few extras as a reason why I haven't lost weight in the past. Interesting thinking!!!

Elaine
Old 06-18-2001, 10:22 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 222/187/120

Height: nearly 5'2"

I think he is sensible, straight forward and on target. No matter how you dress it up, a diet is hard work. Whether you call them points, calories, or servings, it still only works if you consume less than you use in a day.
Old 06-25-2001, 09:19 AM   #3  
Bad Mamma Jamma

Height: 5'7"

Default love love LOVE Dr. Phil!

Personally, I think Dr. Phil is IT.

My favorite quote is a Dr. Phill-ism: "Success comes from doing it, even when you don't feel like it!" This is what gets me on the treadmill every day. I apply it to every inch of my life, and I'm a better person for it.

I honestly think Dr. Phil should be mandatory reading/viewing material for a LOT of people...at the end of the day, your quality of life IS up to you!!!
Old 06-25-2001, 10:51 AM   #4  
Ilene the Bean

Smile Dr. Phil!!

I love Dr. Phil.... He is so no-nonsense, and puts me in my place when I'm feeling sorry for myself... I loved the diets shows he had on Oprah, he even put Oprah in her place... I make a point of watching the show on Tuesdays especially, his messages, no matter what the topic always hits home with me....I totally agree with him, WE are in control of our lives and if we wish to put junk in our mouths, well we will pay the pipper.....

Just my two cents...

Lana
Old 06-27-2001, 05:05 PM   #5  

I agree. I love Dr Phil, hence my tag line. I lost my baby daughter shortly after her birth a couple of years ago, and know that I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for Dr Phil. He shook me out of the "victim" mentality. I am now ready to tackle the other problem areas of my life, namely, health and weight. I am following his "phil"osopy, and know I can do it this time.
Closed Thread