General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 07-20-2005, 03:18 PM   #1  

Default Dr. Gullo's book THE THIN COMMANDMENTS

I just wanted to share that this book really has some outstanding ideas in it.
First he addresses how each person is individual and has different cravings and then he discusses how to deal with them.
He also has some great tips like

GG Scandinavian Crispbread 16 cals and full of fiber
Sucking a breath mint to kill cravings when faced with bread basket.

He also lists a ton of foods that give you a lot of bang for your calorie buck.
So I am implementing this with my more protein..will let you know how it goes.
slimcharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 09:14 AM   #2  
Happy Member

I read this book earlier this summer, and I agree that it offers a lot of good suggestions. I would recommend it to anyone.
JoJoJo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 01:10 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

I'm reading this book now. I love the first half of the book, with all the strategies to help you on the journey to losing weight. The diet part of it..I'm still reading. I haven't quite got the hang of it yet. I guess I'm used to a set list of foods-these you eat, these you don't, these you gradually add back in.

Have you done the diet part?

Sarah
sarahyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 04:38 PM   #4  
Happy Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahyu
I'm reading this book now. I love the first half of the book, with all the strategies to help you on the journey to losing weight. The diet part of it..I'm still reading. I haven't quite got the hang of it yet. I guess I'm used to a set list of foods-these you eat, these you don't, these you gradually add back in.

Have you done the diet part?

Sarah
No, I haven't done the diet part. I have just incorporated some of his suggestions and strategies into my own eating habits.
JoJoJo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 09:56 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

I have got to share this with you guys, since I've started applying these stategies to my eating, the scale has started to move downward again after an entire year long plataeu. I'm so excited.

I don't follow his ABC diet, too restrictive and slightly confusing.

I've passed up numerous treats from co-workers that I previous would have eaten because I'd been so good the previous week, working on changing my attitude about the childish food rewards.

And speaking of childish food rewards, Have you seen the Healthy Choice ice cream commercial? The little girl is very sad, and tells her mother that she was picked last for the team so her Mom pulls out the ice cream and gives her a scoop to make her feel better and the little girl keeps adding more to her story to make it more pitiful-it started to rain, she had to stand in a puddle and with each addition line, Mom gives her another scoop of ice cream. After 3 scoops the little girls starts to smile.

When I think about needing a reward for something, I think of that commercial and how silly it is to think that some food will make it all better in the long run.

Has anyone else bought or read the book yet? What do you think? Are you getting tired of me talking about this and about ready to tar and feather me for bringing it back up so often?
sarahyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 10:12 PM   #6  

Are you just applying the strategies..or have you tried the food items he recommends?
I bought several of the recommended food items and oh my gosh!
The vitamuffins are delicious..packed with fiber and taste like cupcakes..
The crispbreads are not bad..and with a little cream cheese tasty ..tons o fiber
The boca sausages..are soooo good (but I dont eat red meat so that may be why)
The Vans waffles...again extra tasty.
I just bought the Waldenfarms stuff ..havent tried it all..did buy the thous. island which he DOES NOT mention and its awful.
Try the food items..YUM
Old 08-03-2005, 10:17 PM   #7  

Default Insulin Resistance Diet!!!

I finally decide to give this a whirl. I have NEVER been able to stay on any diet for longer than a day. But I have made it 3 days on the IR diet.

The balance of protein to carbs keeps my blood sugar steady. Instead of going crazy with urges and trying to fight off cravings..its actually easy.

The balance makes the meals last longer. Using Volumetric tips, the IR diet and Gullo techniques (The Thin Commandments) I think this one is gonna work.