General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 03-10-2019, 07:43 PM   #1  

Default ideas for a simple cheap weight loss plan?

i have pre diabetes and want to regulate my hormones as i have PCOS. I am out of the house 13 hours 5 days a week, so i need something thats super simple. I also dont have much money. anyone have any ideas of something that simple to follow? i dont mind repetitive meals, as i tend to take the same thing to work every day.

Thismomentisfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 11:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 305

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thismomentisfate View Post
i have pre diabetes and want to regulate my hormones as i have PCOS. I am out of the house 13 hours 5 days a week, so i need something thats super simple. I also dont have much money. anyone have any ideas of something that simple to follow? i dont mind repetitive meals, as i tend to take the same thing to work every day.
A high protein-low carb shake from walmart called Equate High Performance is cheap and great for an insulin resistant weightloss plan.
BetterWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 12:10 AM   #3  
mjf

Have you tried the Mediterranean diet? It's one of the best diets for diabetes. The foods are just normal foods that you can find in any supermarket.

I don't know much about PCOS, but this page has some tips: https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/323002.php
The "foods to avoid" are mainly things that any good diet would tell you to avoid or limit.
mjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 07:43 AM   #4  

16:8 intermittent fasting, no gluten, minimum sugar, lots of water. Use your phone as a pedometer and walk daily. It’s a life style. Not a diet.
Slimmersixty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 08:30 AM   #5  

simple ways to start losing weight without blowing your budget.
Ditch the beef.
Buy healthy foods in bulk.
Stick to the perimeter at the grocery store.
Steer clear of the salad bar.
Skip "healthy" convenience food.
Know what to look for on price tags.
luckyvenkat is offline   Reply With Quote