General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 10-07-2018, 09:04 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 134

Height: 5' 6"

Unhappy Can't lose the weight help pls!!!!

Hi I've been trying to lose weight on areas such as my lower belly, legs, etc. for a few years and nothing has seemed to work! I don't like vegetables, salad, or fruits so it's really hard for me. I know that these things are important when losing weight but I gag every time I try to eat those foods. Any suggestions on what to eat???
victoria2435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 01:08 AM   #2  

Hi, victoria!
You don't like them in general or there are particular fruits and vegetables you dislike?
mintleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 03:34 AM   #3  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Maybe a Keto based plan, with lots of fat would help, along with intermittent fasting. Have you read The Obesity Code?
I have been thrilled with my results. I love veggies, and can eat many with lots of butter on them, or salad dressing on the leafy stuff.
Since you don't like them (any at all?) maybe mostly meats with extra fat. You do have to be careful of too much protein though.
I am assuming you also don't like soy, lentils etc so a vegan plant based diet would not be to your liking?
Hope you find something that helps and you can tolerate
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 06:33 PM   #4  
mjf

Sorry, but there's no substitute for vegetables. Every good diet includes vegetables.

My suggestion:
Keep trying different vegetables until you find one that you like. If you can find several, that's even better. Experiment with different types of cooking. For example, I like vegetables sauteed or roasted with olive oil and garlic. You can also mix vegetables with other foods, for example a stew with meat and vegetables, or a spinach omelette.

Some of my favorite vegetables are broccoli, carrots, spinach, bok choy, napa cabbage, and sweet potato.

Last edited by mjf; 10-12-2018 at 06:36 PM.
mjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 07:41 PM   #5  

Default lose weight help

eat what you want(of course if its not high in calories) and burn off more calories(working out) then you intake
brodly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 06:59 AM   #6  

Yeah, starting eating various of food (fruits, vegetable) without counting (so you won't feel starving) is a good basis to start . I am applying the advice on a method based on this and for about a week i don't feel missing food and I am loosing weight
iamondiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 06:21 PM   #7  

Default Good way to lose weight

look into ketosis diet. It's a good way to lose weight without having to even exercise.
zlinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 08:36 AM   #8  

It is often claimed that drinking water can help with weight loss, and this is true.
Drinking water can boost metabolism by 24-30% over a period of 1-1.5 hours, helping you burn off a few more calories. Eat More Vegetables and Fruits, cut off added sugars.
WriterVulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 04:50 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 267.4/179.6/150

Height: 5'7"

I'm assuming the OP isn't coming back, as they only posted once nearly 2 months ago, but for anyone else who thinks the same thing and reads this thread:

I tend to say the same thing, I don't really like fruits and vegetables. However, when I break it down and start looking at it, that isn't true. I do really like strawberries, raspberries, oranges, apples, watermelon and green grapes, and I can at least tolerate cherries, lemon, bananas, pears, and peaches, and there are dozens of fruits I've never tried. I actually just tried kiwi for the first time over Thanksgiving and found that it was ok. I can't stand pineapple, cantaloupe, honeydew, coconut, blueberries or blackberries, pumpkin (although I do like pumpkin seeds), or tomatoes.

For veggies, I LOVE steamed asparagus, celery with peanut butter, corn in any variety (is this a veggie or a grain, I'm never sure), and potatoes (hello, I'm from Idaho, this is mandatory). I can tolerate green beans, broccoli (better steamed, but I will eat it raw), cabbage, carrots (prefer raw), spinach (raw, not cooked), green peas, radishes and some types of squash (acorn is my favorite). I can't stand artichoke, cucumbers, onions, peppers, rhubarb or beets. But again, there are many types of veggies I've never tried. I tried brussel sprouts for the first time over Thanksgiving and wasn't a fan.

But also, especially for veggies, it depends how they are prepared. You are allowed to only like your carrots raw, or only like your asparagus steamed, or only like kale as chips, or only like peppers grilled. Different preparations result in far different flavors. I'm trying to try something new every month at least once for a fruit or veggie, because maybe I really LOVE turnips if they are roasted, or actually love eggplant, but I've never tried it.

Just saying you "hate all fruits and vegetables" is a cop-out. Even picky eaters, of which I definitely am one, can find fruits and some veggies they like if they are just willing to try WITH AN OPEN MIND. You are allowed to try it and not like it, but you aren't allowed to just assume you don't like it because it is labeled as a fruit or a veggie, and then complain about it. I also find that I can tolerate most veggies if they are in a stew or a soup, or chopped fine enough I can't feel the texture, like in a smoothie. But not kale. Kale ruined several perfectly good smoothies for me, never again. My husband is in the running for world's pickiest eater, but even he will eat potatoes, apples, and oranges, and will put spinach, and many different fruits into a smoothie. He drinks V8 every day to help get more veggie servings.

Last edited by Lacerta; 12-01-2018 at 04:52 PM.
Lacerta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 05:51 PM   #10  
mjf

Quote:
I actually just tried kiwi for the first time over Thanksgiving and found that it was ok. I can't stand pineapple, cantaloupe, honeydew, coconut, blueberries or blackberries, pumpkin (although I do like pumpkin seeds), or tomatoes.
Some fruits are more consistent than others. Pineapple is sometimes too sour for me, and sometimes it's good. I've had blueberries in the past that were too mushy or sour, but this year they've been good. I like pumpkin but sometimes it's too stringy. Maybe you would prefer butternut squash, because I think it's usually less stringy than pumpkin. I like golden kiwis more than green kiwis (green are too sour).

Quote:
For veggies, I LOVE steamed asparagus, celery with peanut butter, corn in any variety (is this a veggie or a grain, I'm never sure), and potatoes (hello, I'm from Idaho, this is mandatory). I can tolerate green beans, broccoli (better steamed, but I will eat it raw), cabbage, carrots (prefer raw), spinach (raw, not cooked), green peas, radishes and some types of squash (acorn is my favorite).
I sometimes like asparagus, but sometimes it's too stringy. Corn is a grain. I prefer broccoli and spinach cooked (with olive oil and garlic). I prefer carrots raw, but I like them cooked as well. I like napa cabbage (I often eat it in Chinese restaurants). I haven't eaten other types of cabbage recently.

Last edited by mjf; 12-01-2018 at 05:54 PM.
mjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 02:01 AM   #11  

I like veggies they are just not always the preferred choice of food.
JLife18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 05:16 AM   #12  

Drink toned milk, do proper exercises, do meditation and yoga, and take proper diet
happykumar7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 10:01 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmad View Post
Maybe a Keto based plan, with lots of fat would help, along with intermittent fasting. Have you read The Obesity Code?
I have been thrilled with my results. I love veggies, and can eat many with lots of butter on them, or salad dressing on the leafy stuff.
Since you don't like them (any at all?) maybe mostly meats with extra fat. You do have to be careful of too much protein though.
I am assuming you also don't like soy, lentils etc so a vegan plant based diet would not be to your liking?
Hope you find something that helps and you can tolerate
I've heard the Keto works well, but there is a lot of negative articles about this now??
Readytoloseweightnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 10:01 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by happykumar7 View Post
Drink toned milk, do proper exercises, do meditation and yoga, and take proper diet
Hey Happy what is toned mile?
Readytoloseweightnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 02:09 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by victoria2435 View Post
Hi I've been trying to lose weight on areas such as my lower belly, legs, etc. for a few years and nothing has seemed to work! I don't like vegetables, salad, or fruits so it's really hard for me. I know that these things are important when losing weight but I gag every time I try to eat those foods. Any suggestions on what to eat???
Hey its great that you're still motivated after years of trying. I tried a diet that I read about on daniels.fitness.blog (copy and paste it in the URL) and its really amazing. It also taught me that it might not be my fault to why I wasn't losing weight. You should definitely read it. Hope it helps!
thedietman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diet, female, food, healthy advice, plan