General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 06-08-2018, 04:05 PM   #1  

Default Fasting

Anyone else using fasting as a way to lose weight and get some control over excess eating?
Catherine Rose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 04:39 PM   #2  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/135

Height: 5'7.5"

Not quite traditional fasting, but I do intermittent fasting! (One of many pages going over what that means can be seen here: https://www.dietdoctor.com/intermittent-fasting) A majority of people either do the 16:8 or the 5:2 variations, and I do the 16:8. My "eating window" is usually between 12-8pm, since that is what works best for my lifestyle. It helps with moderation, but I do still track my calories to make sure I am staying in my range, because it's still easy to do some damage in something as flexible as an 8-hour window.

What kind of fasting are you considering?

Also, I'm glad you joined the threads over on the more active "Support Groups" sub-forums. I think you will get a lot more feedback in those areas of the site. I feel like a lot of the more general forums of the site have died down considerably over the years. I only found your post here because I ventured into other sections of 3FC to see if I could link some helpful tips for navigating the site for you, since you'd mentioned on the more active threads that you were trying to figure out your way around here...lol.

opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 12:52 PM   #3  

Thank you Casey. I have tried and been successful with intermittent fasting in the past and have recently started using it again. I like the eating window idea as it helps me control the habit of eating/ binging at night.
Catherine Rose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 12:29 AM   #4  

Hi i am a Muslim and this week my 30 days fasting ends. Every day from the past 30 days i have fasted from dawn till dusk. No doubt it is very good to health but when your aim is to lose weight and you want it fast then the fasting is not the only solution. Most people think they can reduce weight by just doing exercise or by just controlling their diet. But let me tell you that you have to find the right mix of it. Diet and exercise both goes hand in hand. There are some vegetables and fruits which speed up the process of weight loss.
Saifullah is offline   Reply With Quote