General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 11-13-2016, 05:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 243/218/160

Height: 5'3

Default Green Juice & Smoothie Recipes, Please!

I've been drinking spinach or kale based green juices and smoothies for a few weeks, and I must say, I'm becoming a believer! I have more energy, I feel more alert at work, they fill me up, etc. I generally drink one for breakfast and also another after I work out for an afternoon snack. I've been keeping it pretty basic with the following recipes:
  • Spinach or Kale, Apple, Peanut Butter
  • Spinach or Kale, banana, Peanut Butter
  • Spinach or Kale, Strawberries, Kiwi
  • Spinach or Kale, Strawberries, Banana

I'm looking for other recipe suggestions. I love all kinds of fruits and vegetables so I'm pretty open to any suggestions. However, I am allergic to mango - so can't use that.

Also, if yogurt is a suggestion, please know that I'm limiting my sugar intake to no more than 5 grams of sugar per serving of anything I eat. (Obviously, natural sugars in fruits are not counted here, if it grows naturally I'm considering it safe to eat).
aliisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 03:34 AM   #2  

Smoothies are really good. One for breakfast and you will be like "oh yeah". i make sure i drink one everyday. I guess this can give you some good recipes. I tried it and was pretty good.

2 cups almond milk
1 cups baby spinach
1 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1 frozen banana
1 teaspoon spirulina
1 cup ice
genie2343 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diet, green, juice, smoothie