General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 07-14-2017, 11:02 AM   #451  

S/C/G: 280/277/180/

Height: 5'10

So, as of Wednesday, after doing OMAD since July 5th, I am comfortable with going back to low carb eating while still doing OMAD. I feel even better doing low carb again and I can't wait to see my weekly results on Monday.
Tootsie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 08:09 AM   #452  

Well this.week has been a disaster all I have done is comfort eat
Molly Larkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 08:37 AM   #453  

Molly,

It's time to get back on it. Next week is a new week to start fresh and forget about how bad you did.
Old 07-31-2017, 06:29 AM   #454  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

Hi, folks! Hope things are going well for everyone.

I have been trying to lose a little weight after maintaining for a long time bc my LDL is high (and the doctor's letter after the blood panel suggested losing some weight even though he said my weight was fine at the physical). I tried shaving some calories off my OMAD meal, but that wasn't working well. It was hard to see any down trend plus (more importantly), it was making me feel deprived. Not good. So, I am now fasting the whole day on days that it feels right. I tried ADF in the past and that didn't work well bc I overcompensated on feed days. With this approach, I have a completely normal OMAD day for me even after fasting a day, and I'm not fasting that often... so far just 3 days. Obviously that's not a lot of calories saved (total of a pound or so) but I am starting to see numbers trending a little lower (last weigh-in at 135.4). And I feel less deprived skipping some days than I do trying to cut corners on all my meals.

I'm crossing my fingers that this approach continues to work for me, especially since I'll be leaving on a 3 week vacation in about a week (visit in-laws, cottage on a lake, see the eclipse). These vacations can result in a lot of weight gain as there are many get-together meals that serve foods I wouldn't normally eat (no treadmill either!). So, I am hoping that I can fast some days that don't have social meals, but I am not going to commit to that-- just going to do it if it feels right. =)

The doctor suggested a redo on my blood panel in the January time frame. I hope by then that I will be maintaining at least 5 pounds lower than my normal range (I am trying to avoid setting a difficult target, since I still have to deal with vacation and the holidays before then).

Last edited by yoyoma; 07-31-2017 at 06:34 AM.
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 09:48 AM   #455  

Hello All,

As some of you may know, I started IF/OMAD on July 5th. Sunday July 30th, I was down 21lbs from 280 to 259. I finally made it out of the 260s. I allow myself one cheat day per week so that I do not plateau and that seems to be working very well. I don't go crazy with my cheat days but I allow myself carbs and I don't drink any soda because the carbonation to me gets me too full.
Old 07-31-2017, 04:59 PM   #456  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Tootsie that is great. I like doing OMAD but it does not always happen. That is why I love fasting. I can mix it up, enjoy life and eating.

yoyo, I like how you are planning ahead for your vacation and the holidays. It seems smarter then my usual deal with the carnage later plan.

My fasting schedule is getting mixed up with so much going on. I still keep it under 6 hours a day and strive for OMAD when possible. Today someone said something to me about gaining it all back and I said not this time I am enjoying my WOE.
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 04:53 PM   #457  

Hi all,

I am new to this forum. I am currently working on getting to an OMAD lifestyle by dropping to 20/4 days. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all and giving and receiving inspiration and support here.

Have a great day:
Eliza
Eliza Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 05:52 AM   #458  

Hi, Eliza, and welcome! I also got to OMAD by shrinking an eating window as I felt comfortable doing so. In fact, I wasn't even necessarily trying to get to OMAD, but that's where I ended up! =)

At the moment, I am on "vacation" for 3 weeks. Most of it is not really vacation (I'm actually working remotely) but we are visiting in-laws in another state now, and next week we'll be at a cottage with in-laws in another cottage, and the week after we are extending our usual summer trip to try to see the eclipse. In the past, these trips have packed on the weight because of all the social eating and missing my treadmill (although OMAD helped reduce that). This time, I am successfully fasting on days that don't involve social eating. Yesterday I weighed in at 134.5 in the morning, so it seems to be working. =) Yesterday was one of the days I fasted, but the day before was OMAD, and we ate out at a trendy restaurant where we had a lot of small plates; my favorites included the baby eggplants, some chickpea pancakes, and a dish of broiled octopus. Today will also be OMAD and tonight we'll be going to a birthday celebration at a relative's house. I think we will also be eating at another relative's house the following night but the plans aren't firm yet.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Last edited by yoyoma; 08-09-2017 at 06:35 AM.
Old 08-11-2017, 11:07 PM   #459  
Jer
Began 8/11/17

S/C/G: 187.8/ticker/148

Hi, all! I'm encouraged reading this thread. I have done alternate day fasting at times, successfully, and did OMAD throughout my first year of college and loved that way of eating. I've found that having long periods of almost nothing to eat during the day helps me control my eating when I do eat a meal.

I will try OMAD, except with some V8 for potassium that I need, for a few days as an experiment, and will be reading what you all are doing.

I can't find how to tie my update my ticker to my current weight. I had been on 3 Fat Chicks briefly a while back and the ticker still shows that weight. Can you tell me where to find instructions? Edit: I found out where to change the numbers, after all! Thanks.

Thanks!

Last edited by Jer; 08-11-2017 at 11:14 PM. Reason: I answered my question.
Jer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 01:37 AM   #460  

Hi all I have just joined this page. A Weight Watcher at goal who is now struggling to maintain and just about has nightmares about 'points' haha. Read about Dr Fung and If so trying basically 16/8 - on day 2. Looking forward to the support thanks
sunflowergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 08:01 AM   #461  

Welcome Eliza how is it going?

yoyo, I hope you have a fun and relaxing vacation.

Welcome Jer! OMAD does make it easier to control what and how much I eat also.

Welcome Sunfkowergirl!
and congratulations at reaching goal! I started at 16/8 and ended up doing mostly OMAD. I did not force OMAD it just naturally happened. I sometimes do a longer window depending on my social life.

I am back to doing mostly OMAD after many social events. My body and mind feel so much better doing OMAD.
Old 08-12-2017, 07:16 PM   #462  
Jer
Began 8/11/17

S/C/G: 187.8/ticker/148

Default Did OMAD Today

Thank you, UBEE, for the nice welcome! Seems like you and Tootsie really have the momentum going and are doing great with losing weight steadily.

yoyoma, 134.5 would be a great weight for me! I loved being that weight some years back, for several months only, though, and then longer when I was younger. I always loved buying clothes then. I bet you do, too! Have your relatives seen you at your current weight before, or are they surprised?

sunflowergirl, it will be interesting to see how you like or don't like not counting points. It must be nice to be maintaining, and congratulations to you for having lost the weight!

Eliza, glad to see another new person on here, in addition to sunflowergirl. Hope you have some good success!

I had 2 cups of V8 juice during the day, then a big cheeseburger with french fries and broccoli, and 2 cups of chocolate milk. I actually had trouble eating it all, but wanted to be sure that I won't feel any urge to have an evening snack, like I normally do. If I can continue to not feel a lack of energy or too much temptation to snack along with the kids I take care of, I will like this plan a lot!

Have a good week, all!

Last edited by Jer; 08-12-2017 at 07:25 PM.
Jer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 08:56 PM   #463  

Jer I find my urges are always caused by stress, hormones, or being tired.
Hunger no longer bothers me. The few times I feel hungry I am actually glad because I think good eat some of that fat clinging around my middle.
I understand that you need potassium. Have you ever tried a bone broth with mushrooms? Would that be enough potassium?
Old 08-13-2017, 12:57 PM   #464  

Hi all - I know it's been quite a while since I've posted, but I'm still fasting.

I have to be honest; I spend most of my time on the Fung Shweigh Facebook page (a support group for followers of Dr. Jason Fung) and I find tremendous support and encouragement there. Some of the success stories there are nothing short of miraculous. The only thing I don't care for is that sometimes they get way too far into the weeds with some of the science behind fasting, but it's easy to just skip over that.

I still do OMAD most days, but I do throw in some longer fasts from time to time. I don't know how much I've lost; I only know that I've gone down two sizes and I feel wonderful. That's enough reinforcement for me.

Good to see a lot of activity here.
SouthernMaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 02:23 PM   #465  

Welcome, Jer & Sunflowergirl!

Sunflowergirl, Congrats on your weightloss! OMAD was what made the difference between yoyo dieting and being able to maintain weight loss for me (I really should think about changing my user name). I love not having to think about it so much for maintenance.

Jer, I agree that it makes sense to adapt OMAD and fasting to what works for you. I think it's important to be comfortable in your head with what you are doing. I've actually got some whey protein and I've been having a little of that on days that I am fasting, so it's not strictly fasting, but I feel more comfortable with it this way.

I have been maintaining around 140 for a while, and my relatives have seen me through the decades at various weights. I am trying to get a little lower than I have been recently simply because I had a high cholesterol reading and my doctor's letter (probably a form letter, but even so) suggested I lose some weight before a retest in January.

I am at the cottage today (and the rest of this week). I managed to work a full schedule last week; and I will work as much as makes sense this week (I will take time off if fun stuff is happening). My fasting schedule is working out well so far. I weighed in today at 134.0, but it is on a different scale than the previous one (which is also a different scale from the one at home).

I hope everyone is doing well. Hi to Ubee and Southern Maven!

Last edited by yoyoma; 08-13-2017 at 02:36 PM.