General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 07-01-2015, 01:48 AM   #1  

Default Anyone have success with quick weight loss?

Good news: On November 5, bff is getting married and I am a bridesmaid. Bad news: They JUST got engaged and they are wanting a quick wedding so I JUST now found out.
Worse news: I have about 65 - 75 pounds to lose.

That's just an guestimation. I've actually never been 'thin' except for maybe when I was 10. I was chubby throughout adolescence, teen, young adult so I don't know what weight I actually look good at be it 130 or 150.

I am 220 pounds 26 years old and 5'7'' tall.

Has anyone had success with a 'quick weight loss'? I know that people like contestants on the biggest loser have lost weight on 1200 cals and working out 5 hours a day but I don't have time for that! I could probably do 1200 calories because I actually don't like eating a lot. my problem was always one or two large, fattening meals. I don't snack and I can't eat throughout the day. It makes me more hungry. I have since been cleaning up my diet and I feel great! but the results just aren't happening.

I did join a gym and I'm planning on 5 days a week elliptical/bike 30 min ea and weight training 3 days a week.
ab88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 09:59 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

ab88, when starting a new diet on any plan, you are apt to lose a lot of weight initially because of losing water weight that your body had stored. After the first couple of weeks, it slows down as you begin to burn fat off your body. It really isn't a quick process, and if you try to force it to be too quick, you may do more harm than good (hair falling out, gallstones, etc.) Just do your 1200 calories, build up your exercise little by little until you can do 30 minutes each on the elliptical and bike, do your 3x a week weight training with reasonable weights (you don't want to pull muscles), and just end up in November being a healthy and thinner you! It may not be 65-75 lbs off, but I guarantee you are going to look and feel so much better AND you'll be setting yourself up to keep it off for a healthier new life! Good luck!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 07-01-2015 at 10:00 AM.
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 01:41 PM   #3  
Hungry for Health! (-:

S/C/G: 141/108.8/BMI above 18.49

Height: 5'2"

Smile

I lost about seventy pounds in three months with a program called "Fit for Life." I think the reason it was so quick is because my body just naturally tended towards a more "normal" weight for my height, which is 5' 2".

Not sure what weight I started at, but I have been as heavy as about 220 or so, so it may have been from around that weight, for it to come off so quickly and easily.

The principles of the diet are simple, and the authors, Marilyn and Harvey Diamond, emphasize clean, healthy eating, and not calorie counting. Their book is called Fit for Life. Of course, check with your doctor before trying any eating plan. I did have other people from my church who lost weight on this, too.

Once I got down to a manageable weight, I got the rest off through calorie counting, as you can see in my signature, and exercise. Best wishes in your endeavors, and please stay safe and take good care of yourself!

Last edited by HungerWerks; 07-01-2015 at 01:42 PM.
HungerWerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 02:29 PM   #4  

Well, I've been sticking to 1200 - 1300 and lessened workouts to 1 hour of working out and I'm not losing anything. I don't get it. If I just starve myself, I can lose quickly, but I don't want to do it an unhealthy way. Very discouraged. :-/
Old 07-06-2015, 02:31 PM   #5  

I'm going to check that out hungerwerks. I do think there is merit to eating/avoid foods for your body I just never checked out the science behind it.
Old 07-06-2015, 02:38 PM   #6  
I Can Do This

S/C/G: S 270/C Ticker/MiniGoal#1 170

Height: 5' 5"

A friend, her mom and MIL all did the Quick Metabolism Diet and seemed to have good success.

I know it was very restrictive about what you could and couldn't have on various days and even on when you could eat. I vaguely recall that the nutrition seemed pretty sound to me.

The author of the book/plan is Haylie Pomeroy.

That said, there are a lot of lists out there of the "best" diets - best diabetes, best heart health, etc etc. I've never seen a list of best quick weightloss diet. I suspect it's because it may not really exist. YMMV.

ETA: Sorry, it's the Fast Metabolism Diet.

Last edited by Vickie Chickie; 07-06-2015 at 02:46 PM.
Vickie Chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 05:21 PM   #7  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

It depends how quick is quick?

I lost 4lbs a week all the way down from 281 to 180 and kept it off.

More than that would have messed me up. Especially my gallbladder. I was burning it.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 07:02 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 432/180/200

Height: 5'11

Good luck onwards and downwards.
TheSatinPumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 12:00 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanG View Post
It depends how quick is quick?

I lost 4lbs a week all the way down from 281 to 180 and kept it off.

More than that would have messed me up. Especially my gallbladder. I was burning it.
What was your plan? obviously we'd burn differently since we have different bodies and such. I only hope I could lose 3-4 per month!
Old 07-12-2015, 12:01 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickie Chickie View Post
A friend, her mom and MIL all did the Quick Metabolism Diet and seemed to have good success.

I know it was very restrictive about what you could and couldn't have on various days and even on when you could eat. I vaguely recall that the nutrition seemed pretty sound to me.

The author of the book/plan is Haylie Pomeroy.

That said, there are a lot of lists out there of the "best" diets - best diabetes, best heart health, etc etc. I've never seen a list of best quick weightloss diet. I suspect it's because it may not really exist. YMMV.

ETA: Sorry, it's the Fast Metabolism Diet.

I'll check it out!
Old 07-28-2015, 11:56 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 214/195/165

Height: 5'4"

ab88 How are things going for you? Did you decide on a method that works for you yet? Also new and trying things out.
HaveDogWillDiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 07:40 PM   #12  

Height: 5'0"

People will always caution you against "fast" weight loss and they are mostly right. However, life is life and people are people. Let's face it: sometimes we want it off fast. Sometimes we need it off fast. Whether it's a special event or we're just impatient people, we feel the need to lose weight quickly.

The only thing that has ever worked for fast weight loss for me (and I am a slow loser in general) is ADF (Alternate Day Fasting). It sounds like **** and it kind of is. But once you get used to it, it's not so bad. In addition, once you lose the weight, it's relatively easy to keep off by switching to 5:2 or 18:6 styles of fasting.

It's not for everyone. But if you're dedicated, it can get the weight off pretty fast.
banananutmuffin is offline   Reply With Quote