General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 11-10-2014, 07:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 255/255/180

Height: 6 feet

Default Limited Budget, Limited Space, AND Asthma (Fun right)?

Well, I have always been a bit on the heavier side, not drastically, but the lowest I ever got down to was 185. Which while being a bit over weight isn't that bad considering I am a six foot tall man. Right now I am about 255.

Felt great then, and would like to get back to that. And have been trying recently, but have a few issues that make it really hard.

1. I have quite severe asthma that even treated, puts a hard cap on the amount of high stress cardio I can do. So most of the work out options available to me are low impact, which usually requires equipment or a gym membership.

Which brings me too:

2. I am a broke college kid living on my own with a very limited budget for food, memberships, and even more limited space for proper cooking (Tiny counter and sink, mini fridge, two small cupboards). Meaning I don't have the space or the budget for a very wholesome diet.

It's a problem I am finding very difficult to get over. And I can really feel an impact on my levels of energy and stamina.

Just looking for advice from people who are maybe in a similar boat, with a low budget and what your solution was
Nabael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 08:49 AM   #2  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

I'm not in the same boat, but here's my advice :

Google "body weight exercise routines". You can do them at home, and you can get a great low impact work out and not spend a dime. Squats, pushups, planks, wall sits, etc. Keep your eye out at garage sales for a couple sets of dumbbells, too, people are always dumping those cheap and you can add them to your home workout versatility. Add a little yoga from youtube. You're good to go!

Google "cheap healthy simple meals", you'll find a ton of ideas to help you. Beans come to mind. Tuna. Eggs. Do you have a microwave or a stove? I'm unclear. Anyway, the internet is your best friend here, you can make it work and get a few favorite easy cheap meals in rotation.

Hope you can get into a routine that makes you feel better soon!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote