General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 09-16-2014, 09:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 158/158/125

Height: 5'4

Thumbs up 17 Day Diet Support

Hey guys! I will be reading and starting the 17 Day Diet soon. I am going to Washington DC for a conference tomorrow and when I get back on Monday, I am getting a 5 day juice cleanse shipped to me for review (not related to the diet, haha) but I think it will be a nice kick start to the diet as well.

Then as soon as I'm done with the cleanse, probably the following Monday or Sunday I will start the 17 Day Diet. I haven't actually finished reading the book yet but I'm feeling hopeful.

I haven't actually dieted in a long time because I switched to intuitive eating but having gained a lot of weight that's not coming off and the IE component being harder than I thought I'm ready to get back to the "healthy" weight range. Ideally I would want to lose 20 lbs but my goal weight would be 30 lbs away from where I am today. Not sayng I want to do it ASAP but I'd like to feel like I'm getting there, ideally before NYE.

So - who has done it? Who's down to do it with me?!
sensualappeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 06:33 AM   #2  

I guess I'm wondering what does the 17 day diet consist of?

Personally, I'm actually against "dieting" in a temporary sense. I think we tend to interpret the word as something we do short term (for a predetermined amount of time). Usually not sustainable. But in my mind your diet is really what you eat on a daily basis. It's what you consume day in and day out.

For example, my diet consists of fruits, veggies, nuts, seeds & whole grains. It's rare that I eat anything that doesn't fall into one of those categories.

For whatever it's worth, my advice would be to avoid sugar, salt, processed foods, fried foods and anything white i.e. white bread, white rice, white pasta, etc... whenever possible. If you're able to do that, you'll never need to "diet".

Good Luck! ^_^
Keep us posted!
MsMatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 06:03 PM   #3  
The last 10 pounds...

S/C/G: 144/139/130

Height: 5'6"

Hi there,
I am currently in cycle one of the 17 Day Diet, (14 days in). The results have been great for my husband, who has lost about 12 pounds, and a little slower for me, but still good - I have lost 5.

He wants to lose about 35 pounds, and I want to lose about 14. We have not found the diet too difficult, although we both have missed nuts and beans in this cycle, which were a staple of our diets before. We also both have craved sweets in the evening (unusual for me, not hubby). So I may have bent the rules slightly and got some sugar-free dark chocolate squares for a fix.

The other rule-breaking thing we did this past weekend was to have a cheat meal. It was our son's birthday and he wanted to eat at a burger place. We each had burgers and fries, and actually both lost weight the next day. I think we are going to incorporate a cheat meal into our weekends from now on.

I will say that drinking so much water and green tea will have you in the bathroom often, but I just consider all my trips there mini-workouts.
CactusGirly is offline   Reply With Quote