General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 04-30-2014, 10:35 AM   #1  

S/C/G: SW:171 CW:see ticker GW 120

Height: 5'1

Default my meals

My coworker keeps bashing my meals.I eat a grilledchicken wrap with a baked potato 2 or 3 times a day.He says its to much carbs and starch.My weight keeps dropping though so i dont see the issue.I do mix it up with veggies and im looking for more kinds of food.
skittlesfirehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:15 AM   #2  
stop wishing, start doing

S/C/G: 215/185/155

Height: 5'7

That sounds like a pretty balanced meal to me!!! The problem is everyone is a critic, also everyone has to eat and many people think they know the best method/healthiest way to be eating. There is nothing wrong with potatoes, yes they are starchy but they have tons of necessary vitamins and minerals for the body. I hate when potatoes get such criticism because they are not unhealthy
Anyway I don't know what to do or say to your co-worker but keep on keepin on. There are many critics at my work too, and no one ever says anything to me about what I'm eating but if they have negative comments about my food I'd tell them to get lost, maybe not that nicely!! Jeesh
xopeaceandlovexo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:21 AM   #3  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

Oh goodness, just because you're working on losing weight doesn't mean everyone is allowed to comment on what you eat! I would nip it in the bud the next timeshe comments. "I don't comment on what you eat, so please don't comment on what I eat." End. Of. Story. But I'm bull-headed and like to put people in their place.

You're losing weight and that's your goal, then obviously you're doing well and don't need to change anything

I've also recently realized how awesome potatoes are. I used to avoid them, but I eat them much more often. Cheap, easy, filling (especially topped with some greek yogurt and garlic salt...oh yum drooool)

Last edited by nonameslob; 04-30-2014 at 11:21 AM.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 10:11 PM   #4  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Everyone's an expert.

Eat what works for you.
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 08:34 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Just tell him that you are on a medically supervised plan. Or that you don't need his permission and/or advice thanks. Or ask him a sarcastic question "why are you so interested in my lunch?" Or just tell him thanks but it's none of his business what you eat and that you're feeling a little awkward that he feels it's appropriate to comment on your food. That's too personal for me, why would anyone comment on that?

Did you ever watch the Shahs of Sunset? There was this one episode that everyone was on a road trip and they made a pit stop and Mercedes (who is just a little overweight) wanted to buy a chocolate croissant. Mike (who looks super buff and obviously cares very much for his physique) told her that she doesn't need to eat a chocolate croissant. Mercedes got very upset about it. I think it's inappropriate for anyone, especially a man, to comment on what a woman should or should not be eating. Women have such a sensitive relationship with food and if someone were to comment on what I put in my mouth it would make me so upset and insecure and feel totally guilty and worthless. I would have something to say about it for sure.

Last edited by Palestrina; 05-01-2014 at 08:35 AM.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 11:25 AM   #6  

Tell him to mind his own business and if the harassment continues get HR involved. Nobody deserves a lunch critic.
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 02:15 PM   #7  

Height: 5'9"

Tell him that if it's too many carbs for HIS eating plan to tell his mommy not to put any potatoes in HIS lunch box next time!

It's obviously working for you, so tell him to SHUT UP!!!!!!! GET OUT OF MY LUNCH BOX, YOU LUNCHBOX STALKER!!!!

Why do people think they have a right to comment on people's food without being asked, just because the person might be trying to lose weight? I never had anyone tell me anything when I was shoveling a mayonnaise covered,bacon-smothered cheeseburger into my face (that's too much obesity on a bun, you!). No, seriously, why didn't someone say something?

But let me bring something healthier in, and suddenly everyone is a dietitian! I love it that the people who love to dissect your food choices are often the unhealthiest people in the office, too. That always blows me away. Um, yes, coworker of mine, I am aware that the macronutrients of this particular meal may not be to your liking. That brings up a point- I was wondering how much formaldehyde and other carcinogens are in the cigarette you were just smoking outside? Because I think you may have gone over your daily limit there, bucko. (I'm NOT picking on smokers, because I know how terrible it is to try to quit; I am just using it to make a point- you know, because it's unhealthy).

One of my worst food oglers is a coworker who is thin. However, she smokes (2 substances, ehem), only drinks coca cola all day, and eats a terrrrrrrible diet. She also told me she is allergic to exercise. Like an actual medical condition, not just an aversion. Give me a break. But if I try to straighten up, she is all over raking my food across the coals. I will never understand. Smh.
Brandis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 02:23 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

They're all critics because being thin is the only thing they have over us.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 10:46 PM   #9  
He is Risen! Alleluia!

S/C/G: 205/181.5/145

Height: 5'5"

As long as it is working for you and you enjoy it, don't worry about what other people think of the food that you're eating. The most important thing is that it works for you!
FleurDeLis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 11:55 PM   #10  

S/C/G: SW:171 CW:see ticker GW 120

Height: 5'1

ugh new girl today found out i was loosing weight.She launched into her own personal story and told me how i could do it and all this crap.Then later she was like you shouldnt be eating potatoes.Im sick of both of them already.The one coworker did lose 30lbs but he also eats protein shakes which i dont think i need.He is also on a low carb thing because he has high blood preesure and diabietes.

Last edited by skittlesfirehawk; 05-03-2014 at 12:00 AM.
skittlesfirehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 01:33 AM   #11  
maintaining since 9/2013

Sometimes negative comments have an insidious way of penetrating, even when they are clearly off-the-wall. So be careful to stay focused and positive on your plan that is clearly working. Sounds like they are wishing their plan allowed for it. Consider just REALLY enjoying your lunch when they are around. "Oooh that potato was sooo delicious--I'm so glad I get to enjoy another one for dinner."
mars735 is offline   Reply With Quote