General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 03-24-2014, 11:26 AM   #1  

S/C/G: SW242/CW207/GW150

Height: 5'3

Default Do you take any supplements?

I have no idea what any supplements are and even the use of protein powder, but I saw someone whose transformation has become popular in my hometown and she takes a lot of supplements and pills (no diet pills or anything like that) I am just wondering if there is any real need to take supplements and if so which to take?
tinamariefitforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 11:33 AM   #2  

I don't. I honestly think that most supplements are just a waste of money. If you are eating a good varied diet of fruits, vegetables, etc. I wouldn't worry about it.
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 11:56 AM   #3  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

I do take a multi-vitamin, but mostly just on my fasting days (I am doing 5:2 and eat only 500 calories two days a week), because I am concerned about not getting all my nutrients on those days. Plus a history of low iron. My gyno also asks me to take additional calcium supplements.

If you happen to have an annual physical coming up, it's worth getting your blood tested to see if you're already doing well in terms of getting all the nutrients you need and talk to your doc to see if you need to take any additional OR adjust your diet. Otherwise, like Locke said, it can simply be a waste of money.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 12:26 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

I take a multivitamin, probiotics, and super b complex daily.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 03:34 PM   #5  
JUST TODAY!

S/C/G: 212/168

Height: 5'5

Hello, I take supplements but, they need to be monitored by your doctor and people that know how to prescribe them. I suggest research for yourself. I read a book called "The diet cure" because I did not want to take antidepressants anymore and I have a whole host of conditions that could benefit from supplementation with amino acids.

Further, just ask the person in your town what they did. I know it seems simple, but if this person is a body builder or health coach or something like that, they can help you navigate what you might need. But, again get your dr's approval first. Good luck.
miniapplecocoa is offline   Reply With Quote