General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 10-03-2013, 12:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 146/138/125

Height: 5'5

Default Getting started again after big (fast) gain...

Hey all!

So I haven't been on here in ages! My weight was pretty stable for a long time and then I moved, well twice. I have been bouncing around between countries with work and have finally settled somewhere but while I was temporarily working in the Caribbean (amazing) I spent almost 3 months eating every day like I was on vacation and gained about 15lbs! It was my own carelessness, I didn't know anyone there and the food was so amazing that I just kept treating myself to amazing food... big mistake. Anyway... no more moving now, I'm in my permanent place now and am trying to get on a plan to lose this weight and get toned. I think I have about 20lbs to lose but having just moved I haven't found my scale so yet to confirm.

My dieting has always been pretty sporadic and I have some food restrictions (no gluten, no nuts, no roughage or raw veg because of digestive issues) so what I've generally done is try to go the shake/smoothie route mixed with some protein (tuna/ chicken) cooked veggies and snacks like hummus and rice crackers.

My problem has been that for the last 3 weeks I have been thinking constantly that I just need to start and stick with it and then 10 minutes later I find myself eating junk. I have never felt this unmotivated before.

Just wondering what got each of you motivated to start and stick with it?

I think this forum is a great spot, I'm feeling more motivated already!

Thanks!

Last edited by Ash15+; 10-03-2013 at 12:35 PM.
Ash15+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 12:17 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 250/200/175

Height: 5 6'

As far as motivation, when I go for anything bad or junk food I picture myself with the weight off and think about how bad I want to look like that. Temptation is hard however if you keep reminding yourself the reason you started dieting in the first place it helps. I also try to keep myself busy (I eat when I am bored) and drink plenty of water. If I do get hungry and it's not around my meal time I try to grab extra veggies, salad or a lean protein. I wish you the best of luck and it must of been exciting working in the Caribbean!
yoyogirl65 is offline   Reply With Quote