General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 03-14-2013, 07:44 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Default What's your "Bad Diet?"

What's the diet that got you here in the first place? If you allowed yourself to eat with abandon, what would your typical day's meal look like? I've been working very hard on my diet but I do have my slip ups and my ideal "bad" meals. Please don't judge

Breakfast: 3 eggs over easy, 4 sausage links, home fries, 2 slices white toast with butter, and jelly.

Snack: Cheetos

Lunch: Drive thru cheeseburger, chicken nuggets fries and diet cola

Snack: Chips and dip or cookies

Dinner: Steak, corn, mashed potatoes

Late night snack: Cookies

Nary a vegetable on my bad days. Fortunately I've been having less and less and less bad days and more and more and more good choices. When times of stress hit me hard I tend to fall into this comfort zone but it's getting easier to get back on track.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:01 AM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Oh my bad diet of eons ago is different from my bad diet of today.

I used to eat either ice cream for dinner or cheese (brie was popular) and bread.

Now days, it is more like I don't eat enough veggies and eat larger portions than I should. If I'm really bad, I may dip into my husband's peanut butter puffins and eat a few bowls but cereal doesn't hold much attraction for me normally.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:32 AM   #3  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

A normal day usually consisted of a breakfast of granola bars or poptarts. Lunch was Ramen, sandwiches, or pizza. Dinner was just about anything, but at least it was homemade. Usually venison, potatoes, pasta, pizza, chicken nuggets... Snacks were usually chips or ice cream.

I've cut back a lot on sugar-laden foods and fried foods. I still eat venison because its healthy. Everything else in that list must be in moderation. I don't tell myself I can't have something, I just eat less of it and try to throw fruit and veggies in there as well.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:13 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabeskinny View Post
What's the diet that got you here in the first place? If you allowed yourself to eat with abandon, what would your typical day's meal look like? I've been working very hard on my diet but I do have my slip ups and my ideal "bad" meals. Please don't judge

Breakfast: 3 eggs over easy, 4 sausage links, home fries, 2 slices white toast with butter, and jelly.

Snack: Cheetos

Lunch: Drive thru cheeseburger, chicken nuggets fries and diet cola

Snack: Chips and dip or cookies

Dinner: Steak, corn, mashed potatoes

Late night snack: Cookies

Nary a vegetable on my bad days. Fortunately I've been having less and less and less bad days and more and more and more good choices. When times of stress hit me hard I tend to fall into this comfort zone but it's getting easier to get back on track.
First of all, congratulations on your weight loss! You're doing a great job!

Since I've now embraced IE, there really is no "bad" diet for me. I might eat (and in fact have eaten) some of the foods you mentioned on any given day. I just wouldn't eat all of that in one day.

And I never, ever, EVER eat ANYTHING - Unless. I'm. Hungry. Genuine-Honest-to-Goodness Hungry.
SouthernMaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:11 AM   #5  

Thanks, and this is not my typical diet now. But it has been and I'm just asking others to honestly share their bad diets, even if they're in the long past.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:25 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabeskinny View Post
Thanks, and this is not my typical diet now. But it has been and I'm just asking others to honestly share their bad diets, even if they're in the long past.
I obviously misunderstood what you wanted.

So in the past, on a REALLY bad day, my eating would probably look something like this:

Breakfast: At Waffle House (those of you familiar with this place know that just walking in there puts on 2 lbs!)

Fried egg
Hashbrowns scattered, smothered and diced (with onions and tomatoes)
3 slices bacon
2 pieces white toast, smothered in butter and jelly

Lunch:

Some type of sandwich with Boar's Head meat - hey, that's healthy, right??
Chips of some description

Maybe a cookie or two to finish it off

Supper:

Pork chops
Mashed potatoes
Lima beans
Dinner roll

Evening snack:

2-3 glasses of chardonnay
pistachios - or my homemade Cajun Chex Party Mix - or my absolute, no doubt about it, absolutely could eat it every day go-to favorite....drum roll

Zapp's Hotter 'N Hot Jalapeno potato chips

And you know what? Probably the only time I was genuinely hungry was when I walked into Waffle House for breakfast.

Hope that answers your question!
Old 03-14-2013, 11:35 AM   #7  
Michelle :D

S/C/G: 85/64.1/56

Height: 164cm

My diet was mainly made up of chocolate, chips, and tons of fizzy drinks - oh and carbs! i would have white carbs for every meal every day and waaay more than one serving.
Back then I thought I was eating healthy, but looking back im surprised I wasnt bigger.

I would typically eat 3 or more chocolates a day and late night snacks of sugary cerals (with full cream milk and at least 4 spoons of sugar)
(thinking about that actually makes me feel sick - i cant believe i ate so much)
Cant really remember specifics except that I would eat all the time, i never felt hungry.
Fortunate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:42 AM   #8  
Joe

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

Breakfast - Drive-thru food. If McDonalds, it was either a steak, egg and cheese bagel or two egg mcmuffins.... plus two hash browns and a diet coke. If Burger King, it was either a crossanwich or two egg, bacon and cheese roll-ups, plus hash browns and a diet coke.

Snack - None, typically.

Lunch - Could be anything, but in large proportions. Pizza, cheeseburgers, fries, wings, etc.

Snack - None, typically.

Dinner - Could be anything. Sometimes healthy, sometimes not. But always big portions.

Late night snack. Another helping of what was for dinner (usually finished it off during the course of the night). If no leftovers, then lots of chips or other salty snack foods.

The one thing that I could take or leave is sweets. I almost never had a dessert after dinner, or any chocolate or sweets during the day. My biggest downfalls were (1) fast food, (2) junk food snacks, (3) eating huge portions, and (4) late night binging.

Last edited by joefla70; 03-14-2013 at 11:44 AM.
joefla70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:52 AM   #9  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Yeah I attribute my biggest downfall to large portions and sometimes my food wasn't really bad, it was just a lot of it. I didn't like fast food though. I rather go to the grocery store, pick out a few things I'd like to eat and go home. I especially liked going to fresh bread places and buying special bread.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:06 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefla70 View Post
The one thing that I could take or leave is sweets. I almost never had a dessert after dinner, or any chocolate or sweets during the day.
This is me as well. Every once in a while I'd have a hankering for something sweet, but I rarely binged on sweets. It's the bread, potatoes and chips that kill me. (don't eat rice or pasta)

My poor brother, however - he struggles mightily with the sweet tooth. Right now he's doing QWLC and I think he's done okay, but he cheats a fair amount - and it's always sweets.

Poor guy.
Old 03-14-2013, 01:11 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

Nothing for breakfast

2 plates of Chinese food (steam rice, fried chicken, noodles) with sugary syrup sauce for lunch (EVERY DAY... I worked there and it was free)

(Free) root beer throughout my 8 hour shifts

Restaurant with a boyfriend for dinner - usually a full creamy pasta with bread, pop, and a caesar salad.

Howwwww.... did I gain weight?? Hah.

Last edited by sacha; 03-14-2013 at 01:12 PM.
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 04:06 PM   #12  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Definitely way too large portions and too much drinking is what got me to my weight.

Breakfast- 2 poptarts, 2 bowls of cereal, or 4 biscuits with a huge plate of sausage gravy on top AND 2-3 scrambled eggs.

Lunch- footlong from subway (and I'd eat it all in one sitting too!) with a bag of cheetos, sodas

Dinner- tons of pasta, sauce and meat, 1/2 of box of mac and cheese and I thought I was being "healthy" adding peas and carrots in it, with meat or 1/2 a large pizza from Walmart (usually supreme or meatlovers' type.)

If I was still hungry after dinner which I usually was- a big bowl of ice cream, 1/2 bag chips or 1/2 package of oreos.

It was worse if/when I was drinking because that means I'd be eating more to try to stave off hangovers and etc.I was in such a bad place when I ate like that at the time. Definitely not going back to that place again but I can imagine if I just didn't give a f*ck anymore that it'd be easy to fall back in old habits. Whew.

Last edited by amandie; 03-14-2013 at 04:08 PM.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 04:12 PM   #13  

Thank you all for your candidness! I knew I wasn't the only one!

Thank goodness there are no Krispy Kreme anywhere near where I live. I would probably live there if there were.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:13 AM   #14  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Breakfast : On my way walking the 10 blocks to work I would always stop to pick up a whole wheat bagel with tofu veggie "cream cheese", orange juice, and coffee... I would also hit one of the deli's on the way and pick up a yogurt, a banana, and some bottled water to have at work for a "snack"...

Mid Morning : Starbuck's run... Usually a latte, with skim... but always with a few packets of Sugar in the Raw... and maybe a scone or something like that if I was "in the mood"

Lunch : Usually run out to the nearest Korean deli for "salad bar" which looks pretty "healthy" and for the most part is... but the trouble is everything looks so good and I would wind up with like a 2 pound "healthy" salad for lunch... lol...

Dinner : Well if I wasn't going out for dinner which I did several nights a week... then of course I was too "tired" to cook, so I would order in... Chinese, Italian, a Greek diner... and of course I would try to order "healthy" things like Chicken & Broccoli with brown rice... Pizza with arugula and whatever... or a turkey burger... but with fries of course from the diner... But it was all still "take out" and even though it tasted good, it was all still loaded with calories, carbs, fat, and sugar...

So it really turned out that what I always though of as pretty "good" days... really weren't so good after all...

Last edited by TripSwitch; 03-15-2013 at 12:47 PM.
TripSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:47 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 186/168/140

Height: 5'3

Like some others, a lot of my problems come from overeating. I just don't stop, even when I'm obviously not hungry.

Breakfast: sugary cereal, poptarts, or a donut

Lunch: sandwich on white bread with a load of chips

Dinner: Some meat, usually with a big pile of potatoes or rice
COchick is offline   Reply With Quote