General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 05-22-2012, 09:45 PM   #1  

Default Wonderslim vs. Slim Fast

Ok... I need help... about 2 years ago, I was in the focused mindset after I walked out of an 18 year marriage and dropped 67 pounds in about 2 1/2 months because I had little appetite and used walking as my prayer/venting/crazy woman time...

I stopped because I didn't want really flabby skin AND decided it was time to see if I could simply maintain before I went farther... I did great until about 2 months ago when I was accidentally tackled at recess by a 4th grader... <-- elementary teacher

Steroid shots... you know the drill...

I gained 20 pounds from them but I was shocked back to reality and now have my focused mindset back... I realize it's time to dump the 20 plus the last 50...

Today was the last day of school and game is on... I want to make the most of summer break for losing because I'll be far away from the temptation of the teacher's lounge and continual rounds of potluck... I'll also have more time to walk and exercise a bit....

I'm looking at meal replacement options cuz I love to eat and think this will help with portion control since I don't have the emotional hunger control from the divorce that I did the last time. I have no doubts about maintaining once I lose... I've already proven to myself that it's fairly easy for me to do... and I don't want to get SUPER bone thin... 160 is what I'm shooting for...

I've been doing my research and really like the idea of Wonderslim... I think it's something I can do, but I'm not sure if I should order or try something on my own with food from the grocery store... single mom... two kids... money not running out of my rear... yadda yadda yadda...

I tried the Slim Fast High Protein powder this morning with Almond milk instead of regular milk... I REALLY like it... but I know some people don't like the sugar it contains...

I compared at Fitness Pal....

Slim Fast wins:
Sodium... 140 mg compared to WS's 280 mg
Potassium... 10 mg more compared to WS
Fiber... 4 g compared to WS's 1 g

Wonderslim wins:
Calories... 10 less per scoop (no biggie)
Fat... 2 g compared to SF's 4 g
Carbs.... 7 g compared to 13 g for SF
Sugar... 4 g compared to 6 g for SF
Protein... 15 g compared to 7 g for SF BUT the almond milk I'll use for the SF has 5 g which brings SF up to 12 g

The vitamins vary back and forth between the two, but are generally pretty close.

Sooooo.... what is it about Wonderslim? Will I get much quicker results from the program? Aside from the carbs, the numbers don't look too far off from each other.

I want to do the biggest bang for the buck during the summer to dump as much as possible, then ratchet it back a notch without the program to lose the remainder of whatever I have left during the next school year.

I'm hoping the big loss at the beginning will keep me motivated, then slowing down a bit will help prevent at least SOME of the saggy, baggy look...

My goal is to have the 70 pounds gone by the end of this next school year, so it's not like I want to dump it ALL during the summer... I just want the best head start possible and I'm not sure if the carb difference will translate to a MUCH greater success with Wonderslim...
Kayecee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:29 PM   #2  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

well i guess you have to ask yourself wether carbs are an issue for you or not and weather you gain weight from carbs or not...For me personally i gain when i eat carbs and sugars so i have to stick to a low carb diet...but if you can do low calorie low fat without having an issue with carbs, then slim-fast is alright for an alternative.
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:40 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 357/see ticker/235

Height: 5' 10"

I use some WonderSlim products. I love their shakes. When money is tight I use Slim Fast and Kashi cereal in place of the WS products and I really don't see a difference except that the WS shakes taste better than SF to me.
So I feel that they are interchangable.
Sally Pineapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:02 PM   #4  

Porthardygurl... that's part of my problem... I have no idea whether I respond better to low carb... and I was in such shock when I walked out of my marriage, that I don't know what I ate during those first few months to lose so much weight... I could have been eating 10 tons of sawdust every day and I couldn't tell ya... LOL

Sally Pineapple... WS tastes better? Really? Now I'm intrigued because I love Slimfast... And I haven't even thought about Kashi cereal... hmmmm... I may have to do some more nutrition comparisons for other foods too... thanks...
Old 05-22-2012, 11:36 PM   #5  
Time 2 Start Living Again

S/C/G: 276/243/160

Height: 5'7"

To me, WonderSlim tastes a heck of a lot better than SlimFast, plus the packets I are easily portable and use water as the mixer. My favorites are the Berry Yogurt Meal Replacement Smoothie, Strawberry Yogurt Meal Replacement Smoothie, (brand is Bariwise, however I bought it with the other WonderSlim products on a website) Bariwise Strawberry Banana Smoothie, WonderSlim Mocha Cream Meal Replaement Pudding/Shake (I mix it as a shake). I add a few ice cubes to the water and powder mixes in my mixer bottle to make it super-chilled and they've always turned out great. They're all very filling too.

If you're looking for a GREAT alternative to soda and other sugary drinks, I really really like these concentrated packets made by ProtiDiet. My favorites are Tropical Fruits, Kiwi-Melon, Wildberry and Grape. They are aspartame free, contain 70 Calories each and have 15g of Protein. Sometimes I get a sweet-tooth craving and these satisfy that craving easily.
OneTenaciousDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:32 AM   #6  

One Tenacious Diva... thanks... I'm always on the go and the portability is one reason that I was looking so strongly at Wonderslim...

I bit the bullet and ordered a 4 week supply... I saved a bit of money too...

The 2 week supply is on sale... so I bought two packages and added a travel mug and extra box of sloppy joe... this bumped me up to the next discount tier, so I got all of that for about $5 cheaper than just purchasing the 4 week plan... and with the added discount, adding those two items to my order only cost me about 60 cents more than just ordering the two 2-week packages by themselves... yay me!

Still not sure about a shake made with water, so I figure for 40 calories, 1 g of carbs and 5 g of protein, I'll use almond milk if I don't like it as well as the Slim Fast....

Thanks y'all!