General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 05-02-2012, 05:30 PM   #1  

Smile Does anyone else ONLY count calories??

I tried counting carbs, sugars, fat, protein etc etc .. but it stresses me out SO much. I just began counting only calories and eating anything healthy I like, lots of fruit, vegetables, no dairy and not a lot of wheat (like bread, oatmeal, brown rice, etc) quite a lot of meat.

I definitely eat healthy. I don't fill my 1300 calorie days with cheeseburgers, popcorn, and chocolate. I read labels and count every calorie but I'm just so sick of counting the carbs and all of that jazz. Does anyone else do this?
healthynewme95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:33 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I only count calories.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:37 PM   #3  

S/C/G: S-218/C-170/G-159 & 24.9 BMI

Height: 5'7"-BMI-26.6=OVERWEIGHT

I was counting only calories but it was getting to become a part time job. I was paranoid in making sure that I didn't go over my 1500 calories. I was stuck in a rut for a month or so and couldn't get out and didn't know why. Once I STOPPED counting calories and practiced portion control and moved to a 98% fresh fruit and veggie meal plan, I saw the weight coming off.
LAgreeneyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:43 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAgreeneyes View Post
I was counting only calories but it was getting to become a part time job. I was paranoid in making sure that I didn't go over my 1500 calories. I was stuck in a rut for a month or so and couldn't get out and didn't know why. Once I STOPPED counting calories and practiced portion control and moved to a 98% fresh fruit and veggie meal plan, I saw the weight coming off.
Good for you!! so no meat? I've been interested in trying that too but I've heard not so good things about it. Where did you find that plan?
healthynewme95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 06:54 PM   #5  

I only count calories. I know me, and if I tried to keep up with macros, I would quit. With that said, I like healthy foods, and I always try to have at least a few fruits and veggies each day; also, I'm not a big red meat eater. In fact, the only reason I had a weight problem at all is because I like big portions and, unfortunately, I like fatty foods and sweets (I have my homemade w/ all natural ingredients, but they're still lots of calories).

Last edited by lin43; 05-02-2012 at 06:54 PM.
lin43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:09 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'6''... and a half

I only count calories... I don't even really know what amount of each macro I would need. But I do try to eat less fatty and carby stuff and try to eat more proteiny stuff because right now I know that's what my body needs.
EricAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:21 PM   #7  
50 and Fabulous :)

S/C/G: 250/229/160

Height: 5'4"

Me for a long time, but I did try to have a balance of nutrients and not have too much fat.
fyreflie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:45 PM   #8  
~Never Quit~

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/180?

Height: 5'7"

I've just restarted but yep, I'm a calorie counter!
Come on down to the Calorie Counter forum!!
EatMoreCelery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:49 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

Only calorie counting for me! I use the My Fitness Pal app on my android. It tells me other things like sugar and fat so I can kinda watch that too!
KatieAlyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:12 PM   #10  

Height: 5'9"

I only count calories, but I have done that for so long I know how many calories are in a lot of things so now I can safely eyeball things and know how much I'm getting. I use fitday, so it tells me my nutrient breakdown, and shows me when I need to eat more protein, less fat, yada yada. If I was super strict on all of it, I would go nuts. I tend to just eat things I always eat and know the counts for to make my life easier. It helps me to eat a lot of veg and fruit so I know that I'm full but getting good nutritional bang for my buck. I try to fill my plate half full of veggies and put meat on 1/4, plus or minus some sort of carby thing(not always) for dinner, depending on my number for the day.
Brandis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:05 AM   #11  

I used to only count calories. Then I only tracked protein. I've found that once protein is in check, other things fall into place relatively easily. Now I simply eat intuitively - not tracking anything.
Steve Troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:22 AM   #12  
Health is wealth $$$$$$$$

S/C/G: 180/150/115

Height: 5"2

I count my carbs as well - I used to count just my calories till I counted my carbs one day and was shocked at how high my carb intake was! So I've been counting my carbs as well and will continue to do so, atleast until I have somewhat decent knowledge of the carbs in all the foods I eat. I also tend to lose weight faster when I keep track of my carbs and keep them under a certain number - but its hard, and yes, very time consuming!
Zazaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:12 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 206/165/140

Height: 5' 5.75''

I use live strong to just count calories but I look to see how much sodium and other nutrient types like carbs and protein I have consumed.
Aunrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:44 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 207/174/125

Height: 5'5"

Me me! I've lost 15lbs just watching what I ate and counting calories ONLY. No excersise or working out and I've lost and have kept losing weight. I never really bothered with carbs counting ect. But obviously know to keep my sugar and fat intakes low.
Misa66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 02:28 PM   #15  

Default PLease dont worry about calorie counting its a waste of time.

IM reading your thread and being a person that failed at weight loss by trying the calorie count method I wanted to share what works for me.

I m a perfectionist and I wanted to do everything 'by the book' to ensure I felt confiedent I would see results. Along my program I combined calorie counting.
I had problems with the inconsistencies of so many foods it drove me crazy. Same with all the carrying around a calorie counter and having people see me ( a big fat female with a calorie counter in one hand and a fork in the other…) . I could feel people laughing behind my back.
Whats worse is it didnt work. It was a waste of time and energy.
I could count calories all day and night (literally) but depending on the foods I ate, I would actually gain weight. Eg for me I cant eat alot of carbs or fats,or should I say certain types of these foods.
So I felt really frustrated and desperate and even embarrassed when I ate with my calorie counting diet failing miserably .
I learned it didnt matter if I counted calories or not when eating certain foods so I quit eating foods that made me fat and started eatign foods that make me lose weight. I can pretty much eat till im satisfied or not hungry and Ive lost over 58 pounds!!! I hope this helps
Jaylin11 is offline   Reply With Quote