General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 10-21-2011, 01:22 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 192/167/135-140

Height: 5'8.5"

Default Water?!

I am just curious if any of you have a good way to get all the water in your diet that's necessary. I am SO bad at drinking water - I will drink milk, tea, coffee, basically anything besides regular H20, but for some reason I just never drink the amount of water in a day that I should. I bought a nice water bottle in hopes that carrying it around would inspire me to thoughtlessly take sips, but that doesn't do the trick much. Anyone have a good tip or trick?

Also, when I actually do drink a lot of water, I have to go to the bathroom every ten seconds. I think that's also why I stay away from it. I was told that once I keep it up with continuously getting the amount of water I need, my kidneys will get used to filtering it and I will not have to go to the bathroom as much. Does anyone else have this problem? Anyone know if that is true?
difuzzion57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 10:52 AM   #2  

How much water are you thinking is necessary?
MariaMaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 10:58 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 194/Ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

They say to drink a minimum of 8 glasses of water a day. What I used to do was force myself to drink 2 bottles (591ml) before my lunch, 1 bottle with my lunch, another between lunch and dinner and then I knew I had all my water in. Then if I had more, it would just be extra water so that's even better. It's hard to start, trust me. But once you do, you'll notice you'll crave water. If you have water with you always, you'll tend to drink it more and more. I need to get back into that routine...

I also noticed that coffee made me not want to drink my water.

Last edited by SophieCormier; 10-21-2011 at 10:59 AM.
SophieCormier is offline   Reply With Quote