General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2002, 12:29 AM   #1  

Smile I just found a source that may be beneficial to all.....

Hi,

I just wanted to let everyone know about a great site that I think could be very beneficial!!!

I'm sure alot of you already know about it. It's called fitday.com. You can track what you eat, your weight and much, much more.... It even show you if you are getting enough nutrients / vitamins!

I would love to hear from anyone who uses this site.

If you don't already us it, you should check it out!!

www.fitday.com

ski-doogirl - Ontario, Canada
Old 03-15-2002, 04:00 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

I've been using fit day since last august! I love that site and recommend it to everyone who wants a place to go to keep track of their progress, goals, and it even has a journal for you to type your thoughts into. They have a food calculator that works wonders and the best part is it's free! ok now I sound like I work for them or something. But yes, I do use fitday and it's a great place for me to go. I hope other people who haven't heard of it and now has takes the opportunity to sign up and enjoy it too!
Old 03-16-2002, 09:40 AM   #3  

Thanks for posting this link. Have just signed up, and had a quick look around - it seems like a great site.

Karen
260.5/168.5/140
Old 03-19-2002, 05:32 PM   #4  

Talking Fitday

I use Fitday too and find it to be a great site.

Sometimes when I need reinforcement I do the whole thing - record all the food I eat and all the exercise.

It is great because you can put in your own foods.

When I was transitioning from Jenny Craig to Weight Watchers it was easy to see where I stood.

I'd recommend it to everyone.
Old 03-23-2002, 03:38 PM   #5  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Question just curious....?

Does fitday.com cost anything? I know other sites such as ediets does. I was just curious.
Old 03-24-2002, 11:03 AM   #6  

Default Fitday

No its absolutely free!!
Old 04-05-2002, 12:01 AM   #7  

Drat! Wish I'd found this thread about two weeks ago!

I've been all over the web looking for calorie counting software since &^%&$ dietwatch went "for profit". I was a faithful dietwatch user, fell off the wagon, came back, and blamo, they wanted my money. I FINALLY accidentally stumbled across fitday and like it MUCH better than dietwatch even. The only complaint I have is that I don't think you can enter a recipe in and get the calorie breakdown like you could on dietwatch..or am I just missing it?

At any rate, I LOVE that site!

Deana
Old 04-09-2002, 04:00 PM   #8  

Default thanks

I will go there, and give it a try, Never been there, sounds like a good idea.

latisia
Old 10-18-2002, 12:03 PM   #9  
RonaldMcDonald's LuvChild

I like Caloriefreak.com - free also and I like only having to enter calories and fat grams. I can't keep track of everything else that fitday wants for custom items. Lazy, or just not mathematically inclined!
Old 12-19-2002, 11:04 PM   #10  
Going All The Weigh

Fitday is absolutely awsome. I think if anyone can afford it too, that the weightcommander is a good find.
Old 12-20-2002, 10:14 AM   #11  
DNW

I love fitday because it keeps me honest and I like all the other features such as Activities that tell me how my exercise impacts my daily calorie count; also food eaten vs. food burned in reports.

It is true you can't put a receipe in but I have learned to work around that and get the counts for all the ingredients and then break it down into a serving. The " new custom food button" is good for this type of thing.

Good or bad everything that goes into my mouth goes into my fitday.com journal and that has really made all the difference in my weightloss. No bullcrapping around for me....it's all there and I can't deny it!!

Merry Xmas and Happy Holidays.
Old 01-04-2003, 10:49 AM   #12  

Talking

Anyone here try http://www.calorieking.com? I started using the program on Monday the 30th and have lost 5 pounds. It keeps you honest with yourself (if you journal properly) and has forums to talk things out also.

I like it so far. The database is pretty thorough. It has brand names and you can store recipes.

It also has a PDA application that you can purchase. The rest is free though!!!

ArnaP
Closed Thread