General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 03-22-2011, 04:35 PM   #166  

S/C/G: 206/141/139

Height: 5'9

I am so glad to hear it is a bit easier today Laura. I was pretty hungry from noon to 1 pm today but I kept myself busy and waited until 1 pm.

It is my TOM right now so any weight see on the scale this week is probably not going to be very accurate so I will wait until next Monday for an official weigh in but I am hoping for some encouraging numbers!
lauralyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 04:40 PM   #167  
~Kim~

Hi everyone. I haven't updated lately. I've been doing IF for 10 days now and I can definitely say it's now just a part of my life. I'm completely happy eating from 2pm/3pm till 8pm. Hope everyone else has a great experience as well. =)
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 06:01 PM   #168  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Good job Laura!

You can be the poster child for IF because I am telling you after a month you won't even get hungry till 2:00 PM.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 06:42 PM   #169  

S/C/G: 232/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Well, it's official. Add me to the list of IF converts! I, like many of you, have never been a big "eat in the morning" person. I just like to do all my eating in the afternoon/evening. Always have. And I've always been taught that that's bad....that it's so horrible for my metabolism to not eat from 8am to 8pm every 2 hours. Well, thanks to this thread I'm done listening to that mentality! I've been doing IF for the past 5 days and I absolutely love it! It's so much easier to stay within my calorie range doing this. I've been eating between 2 and 10pm, just b/c I'm in college and generally stay up late. There have been days where I've had to stop myself from eating before 2, but mostly it's been smooth sailing! Haven't weighed yet, but I just have so much more energy and feel so much lighter. Can't wait to see what the numbers show!

Thanks for all the info you guys have provided. I feel like a new person with a new outlook!
MedChick87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 09:06 PM   #170  
One calorie at a time

S/C/G: 155/149/135

Height: 5'4"

Shortened up a bit today and was able to keep from 5pm-11pm. Can't wait until I'm a few weeks in to see how the scale responds...

MedChick87 - Glad IF is working so well for you! Isn't the energy great?

TooManyDimples - Woo woo!

Lauralyn - Good luck this week Hope Monday shows great numbers for you!

Laura G - It does get better, don't worry
Missjessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 04:58 PM   #171  

S/C/G: 336/280/218/150

Height: 5'7"

Well day 3, so far so good. I had a moment there yesterday, but I managed. I am 3 days into eating during my window, but not quite so hot on calories... (definitely less calories, just not where I want to end up - slow and steady, one new habit at a time!)

lauralyn - thank you for your support pm - how uplifting to know the buddy system works!

JohnP - thanks for your comment - I never figured i'd be anybody's poster child - unless it was the before picture! I have something else to aim for now! If this works, I'll write a book..... Thanky ou also for all your research in supporting this way of life

reptogirl and maria rose: check in here often - let these fabulous people help you - hoping you are well and OP!

MedChick - isn't it great! I love this way of eating too - food is much more pleasant when it fits your lifestyle

Katydid -

Today is MUCH better than yesterday. I can eat in 15 minutes, and I haven't really even thought about it until now. I had some close calls at noon - but I managed to talk myself into NOT cheating - this is the first time I actually exercised mindful behaviours. It was tough, but it'll get easier with practice. My mantra was "Commit to it!" I read on a thread here somewhere that it doesn't take motivation, it takes committment - no matter what. Who cares if you aren't motivated to diet? Be committed and you will anyways. Seems like it works for
me. I may have it engraved on my forehead! Commit to it!
Cheating - this word has a new meaning - it's not about the food any more, it's about the window. So it's not like I can't ever eat this or that again, I just need to budget it into my window of time and window of calories.

I love it! Committed to it!
Laura G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 05:23 PM   #172  

S/C/G: 195/185/150?

Height: 5'6

Hi, joining this thread and new to 3FC forum. I've read the ebook and read some of the leangains site. I come from a back ground of somewhat disordered eating and I'm actually really looking forward to gaining a better sense of what real hunger feels like (though apparently most don't struggle with intense hunger during fasting periods) while at the same time nourishing myself during my eating windows. I'm talkin' quality protein, real butter, sour cream, eggs, broth, whole grains/oats, veggies, fruits. . and My eating style is pretty clean...emphasis on quality balanced meals (schwarzbein style) on non fasting days. Not exercising yet, but my days are active with 5 kids at home.
But my biggest focus at this time in my life is to NOT SWEAT THE MINUTIAE. Know what I mean? I'm not going to obsess about macro nutrient ratios, or stress about eating convenience foods when needed or any of the other things I've driven my family nuts over in the past. I want freedom from over thinking food

Last edited by sarahmac; 03-23-2011 at 05:26 PM. Reason: spelling
sarahmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 06:32 PM   #173  

forgot to subscribe...ok, *subscribed*
Old 03-23-2011, 07:38 PM   #174  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahmac View Post
I've read the ebook
Eat Stop Eat? Was it good? I was turned off by the goofy marketing. (Plus leangains is free)
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 08:54 PM   #175  
One calorie at a time

S/C/G: 155/149/135

Height: 5'4"

Another good day. Well, actually it was a terrible day personally, but IF wise it was excellent. I was under calories by a significant amount, but I just wasn't hungry. Maybe I'll be extra hungry tomorrow. I weighed in today, a pound down! Woo woo!

Laura - Excellent attitude! Commitment really is the idea, isn't it? Motivation is so dependent on how we're feeling, but once you make a commitment it doesn't matter how you feel - you just do it!

Sarah - Welcome!
Missjessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 10:09 PM   #176  

S/C/G: 164/see ticker/125

Height: 5 feet even

Hi everyone! I am just checking in.

Wanted to say, I am not here as much because I am on a vacation in NYC

I will say that I came with the idea not to follow any IF patterns at all, but its actually hard NOT to. Today I wanted to try a lox and bagel, and so I did around 1pm, and I haven't been able to eat since. LOL

We are staying in NJ and tomorrow we are headed into the city.

Much shopping to be done!
Katydid77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 10:19 PM   #177  

Yes, EatStopEat had super goofy marketing

my opinion:
leangain website = good for people who have more time to spend searching for information, and especially for those who want to take their fitness to the next level or are very interested in nutrition. Can't wait for Martin's book to come out...should be great. He is a pleasure to read and has a unique attitude toward fitness and life.

EatStopEat Ebook = I don't think the ebook is anything amazing but it is easy to understand, all of the concepts in one place, good to have if there is a worry wart in the family wanting to understand your "crazy fasts". Some people who don't understand the principles may take their fasting too far so it may be good to have the book. People doing IF wrong or with misinformation give it a bad rep. leangains provides this info too...so if you are comfortable with searching blogs, go to leangains instead of the ebook.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:12 PM   #178  

S/C/G: 203/155/130??

Height: 5'6"

I've been doing intermittent fasting since May of 2010. Combined with low-carb, it's the only thing that has worked for me and my stubborn body.

I eat between around approx 3pm to 9pm every night, that's my 'time window'. It puts me back in ketosis every morning, almost regardless if I had a higher-carb day the previous day.
Kattt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 02:55 AM   #179  

S/C/G: 360/354/180

Height: 5'9"

I have read pretty much all these posts, and I have really decided to try this out. I dont HATE breakfast, but I sleep relatively late (10-11am) and when Im NOT on a diet, I dont eat until around 2 or so, but when I am, I eat at like 11:30, then obsess over my next mini meal at 2. I LOVE large meals, and unless I am full, I never feel satisfied. It just totally makes sense. I am gonna try tomorrow 1-9, and gradually decrease from 2-8. I will certainly keep y'all posted :-)

Question: Do you eat the normal amount of cals? I eat 1800 right now according to my weight. Should I stick to that amount?

SomethingBeautiful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 05:57 AM   #180  

S/C/G: 206/141/139

Height: 5'9

I woke up this morning still feeling a bit full and all I had for supper last night was one piece of chicken (small) and a big bowl of Cauliflower and Brussel Sprouts that I baked in the oven.

I have lots to do this morning so I can tell that waiting until 1 pm today will be a breeze!

I could not wait to step on the scale until Monday so I jumped on it this am and I weigh 145.5 which is down about 1.5 lbs since I started this. I am in the middle of my TOM so I am thrilled to see any loss!

I can't believe I have stuck with this so easily. I feel full after I eat now and I am not eating more than before I started, I am actually eating quite a bit less.
lauralyn is offline   Reply With Quote