Trigger Foods, What Are Yours?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Cereal for me, especially Honey Bunches of Oats and Cinnamon Toast Crunch, can't have em in the house!
  • Cookies!!!
  • I wish cereal was my trigger food. Mine is Nutella. So much sugar and fat, ugh. I don't even need anything with it- I can just eat it straight. Terrible. Once the cap comes off I'm done for!
  • Sweet Cereals
    white or raisin bread
    cake
    cookies
    crackers
    cupcakes
    Pizza

Those sweet wheats? I just can't have them here. Pizza -- strangely I'm ok with portion control if I make the crust. I like Jay's recipe.

But if it is delivery, I get wacko even on thin crust. I think those must have more sugar than homemade or something... so rather not have it.

A.
  • -Cereal/granola/crackers/cookies/anything in a big box - I need everything single serving size or raw
    -Peanut butter
    -Chocolate bars

...I'm seeing a pattern here
  • Cheese! I can't have that my house! it's my kryptonite....
  • You guys have hit most of mine. I think my big 3 are:

cereal (any kind, I could live off of cereal and if it's in the house I tend to eat it all day)
    cheese (aged ones and goat cheese are safe, but not something like pepper jack or cheddar- they will be gone in a matter of hours!)
    good bread (you know...a nice ciabatta that's crust on the outside and chewy in the middle - I could eat a whole loaf)
  • Stress is my trigger, not a certain food. This is both a good and bad thing. I mean, you can ban icecream from the house, but you can't banish stress from your life. If I am feeling stressed and not in the right frame of mind with health and fitness, I will eat anything that comes my way, even crap I don't enjoy like twinkies and ho-hos.
  • for me its spring rolls (random i know) the supermarket near me has these lovely duck filled ones, me and my daughter love them but i could wolf down about 6 large ones. i want a spring roll now lol
  • Oh I forgot to add cornbread. I'm not even a big bread fan but I just CAN'T stop eating it!

Ah but I feel your pain on the Nutella and Peanut Butter... so delicious but so high in calories

Luckily, I really don't like pasta, cheese, and pizza so it makes my diet a lot easier.
  • Pop. Haven't had a sip in 15 months.

Chocolate

chips
  • Peanut Butter... Organic Peanut Butter...

Just the taste of roasted peanuts and nothing else added to it. I experience pain in my jaw under the sides of my tongue from salivating upon seeing the can.
  • frosting, chocolate chip cookie dough, and Kit Kats....
  • Wine.....one glass and I want to eat everything in site....
  • Peanut butter, pizza, chocolate chip cookies, cashews, caramel eggs