General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 01-27-2011, 08:15 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 259/244/160

Height: 5'4

Unhappy UGH...Why is the scale going the wrong way?!

Hey everyone...I am posting today because I am getting so frustrated!!! I had lost nearly ten lbs...but this week the scale is slowly going up...up .3 lbs one day, .2 the next....I know I should just wait and do the weekly weigh in but i just needed to vent here!...

I know I am eating healthy, within my 1400 calories plus exercising 45 min cardio etc. blah.

I can't let this get me down though...I don't want to slip back into eating because I hate the scale number...!

Do others go through spurts of this? and will the scale start going downwards again?!
spunkystar01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 08:32 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 163/142/130

Yes it will go , you eat what you are supposed, you exercise, you cannot gain fat that way, but water weight fluctuation is playing trick on you. Dont let those numbers negate your efforts. I weight myself like you but also take measurements and those I find give me a better picture of my progress dont use those fluctuation as an excuse for stopping your efforts. Continue what you are doing, be confident and slowly you will see it go down.
Michou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 09:02 AM   #3  
This is the Last Time!!!

S/C/G: HW283/GW170

Height: 5'5"

You are going to see daily fluctuations, that is the downside to weighing everyday. Just do what you are supposed to do and you will see the scale start to go in the right direction....just be patient and don't weigh daily if you can't handle it.
HadEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 09:50 PM   #4  

dont give up,keep going till success,
i am sure scale will go down tomarrow and day after tomarrow...
shazia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 10:32 PM   #5  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Are you seriously going to throw in the towel over 1/2 cup water? You could pee all that out the next time you visit the bathroom!

Don't get this bent out of shape by mere ounces. Try to remember that a lb is 16 oz, and .2 or .3 lbs is just 3 - 4 oz!

The scale just shows weight change. It doesn't not tell you weight composition. You go chug 2 cups of water and you will weigh more even though water is 0 calories and you know it isn't fat tissue responsible for the change on the scale. Hold some rocks and scale shows a change in weight and you KNOW it isn't fat tissue responsible for the scale.

There will be daily flux -- take it in stride and keep your perspective if you are going to be a daily weigher. I can change up to 3 lbs over the day as I eat, drink, pee, poo and I know it isn't suddenly 3 lbs of fat tissue flying around. That would be 10,500 extra calories I'd have to eat to become actual fat tissue!

Chin up!

GL!
A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote